Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A Catholic Case Against Obama

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Default Re: A Catholic Case Against Obama

Something I've noticed from what little I see of Obama in the UK news is that he doesn't seem to talk with much respect to women. He always seems to be calling them sweetie or something like that.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Something I've noticed from what little I see of Obama in the UK news is that he doesn't seem to talk with much respect to women. He always seems to be calling them sweetie or something like that.
    REMOVED

Some people didn't like it and took it in a way that was not intended...
    Last edited by CountArach; 08-29-2008 at 04:21.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach View Post
    Catholics should love him...
    I take that as a personal insult. As a Catholic, I find the lack of chivalry shown towards women these days disgusting.

I blame feminism.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    I take that as a personal insult. As a Catholic, I find the lack of chivalry shown towards women these days disgusting.
    It was a joke, clearly one not taken that way...
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars View Post
    I blame feminism.
    As a feminist I take that as a personal insult.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

It was a joke, clearly one not taken that way...
    It was.

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Catholics should love him...
    That is a bigoted and baseless statement. Are Catholics particularly known for their misogyny in Australia, more so than the general populace?
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff View Post
    That is a bigoted and baseless statement. Are Catholics particularly known for their misogyny in Australia, more so than the general populace?
    Settle.. it was a joke...

There, I've removed it. I would appreciate if you and EMFM did as well.

EDIT: Let me make it obvious - I bear no grudge against Catholics, I know several myself. Its just that most of the misogynists I have met in teh past have also been Catholics, perhaps leaving me with the wrong impression of the church. I apologise to anyone who was offended... I really do feel bad about it.
    Last edited by CountArach; 08-29-2008 at 11:07.

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

I thought it was funny
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Settle.. it was a joke...

There, I've removed it. I would appreciate if you and EMFM did as well.

EDIT: Let me make it obvious - I bear no grudge against Catholics, I know several myself. Its just that most of the misogynists I have met in teh past have also been Catholics, perhaps leaving me with the wrong impression of the church. I apologise to anyone who was offended... I really do feel bad about it.
    You also live in Australia where Roman Catholicism is the largest religious denomination. I'm sure that you've met a number of Catholics who are egalitarian crusaders.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old Town Road Senior Member Strike For The South's Avatar

You also live in Australia where Roman Catholicism is the largest religious denomination. I'm sure that you've met a number of Catholics who are egalitarian crusaders.
    26.48% not dominating and it is eclipsed by all the mainstream Protestant groups so ya. Dude its a joke. I'm surprised after the way you make fun of some foreign countries you cant take a little catholic joke.
    There, but for the grace of God, goes John Bradford

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

I am tired and sick of war. Its glory is all moonshine. It is only those who have neither fired a shot nor heard the shrieks and groans of the wounded who cry aloud for blood, for vengeance, for desolation.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Let us all resolve to always insert some indication of our joking intention when we mean no harm. A smilie, 'j/k', [/joke], something to distinguish our humorous intent from a group-bash.

This text-based environment, where we can't see tongues-in-cheek, or facial expressions or body language, demands it.

I'm sure all here agree.

This ends today's public service announcement.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    26.48% not dominating and it is eclipsed by all the mainstream Protestant groups so ya.
    Does that make my claim illegitimate? When I said that Roman Catholicism was the largest denomination was I wrong? It means that you are statistically more likely to meet a Catholic throughout Australia than a member of ANY other individual religious denomination. Classing protestants together is also convenient if you neglect the reality that many "Protestant" denominations are more different from one another than Episcolalians/Anglicans and Lutherans are different from Roman Catholics.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 08-29-2008 at 22:11.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not offended at all, which is why I made the comment I did.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Wow looks like I dropped a bombshell. I think we need one of the good old threads where me and TuffStuff start arguing with everyone in a Christian/atheist split, then start arguing with each other in a Calvinist/Catholic split, then argue with all the Lutherans and Anglicans that join in and try to compromise with us, then we all regroup to start arguing with everyone else again, and then just keep doing this cycle till the thread either peters out or gets locked.

I think that's what the Backroom's been missing lately.

Also what happened to your brother TuffStuff? I was looking forward to seeing him in the next abortion thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr View Post
    Wow looks like I dropped a bombshell. I think we need one of the good old threads where me and TuffStuff start arguing with everyone in a Christian/atheist split, then start arguing with each other in a Calvinist/Catholic split, then argue with all the Lutherans and Anglicans that join in and try to compromise with us, then we all regroup to start arguing with everyone else again, and then just keep doing this cycle till the thread either peters out or gets locked.

I think that's what the Backroom's been missing lately.

Also what happened to your brother TuffStuff? I was looking forward to seeing him in the next abortion thread...
    He lost his job, was cheated on by his fiance, had his best friends mother die and was robbed at gunpoint last month. He may need some time to start shooting the ****...
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 08-30-2008 at 08:31.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

He lost his job, was cheated on by his fiance, had his best friends mother die and was robbed at gunpoint last month. He may need some time to start shooting the ****...
    Woah.
    Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuff
    Yes I have - including some former Prime Ministers.

I shall insert a wink next time Kukri
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 08-30-2008 at 08:31. Reason: Edited quote

I suppose that's just about an acceptable excuse.
    Last edited by Banquo's Ghost; 08-30-2008 at 08:31. Reason: Edited quote

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    But what is the logic of these extreme end of pregnancy abortions being legal?
    Some of the logic behind it is when a pregnancy goes bad, and the best way out for everyone is a late abortion.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12