Thread: Mod Installer

Default Mod Installer

Several people seem to be having trouble putting the files for this mod in the correct place so I was thinking of making an installer (exe file) that would put them in the right place.

My previous attempts at trying to making an installer left me with a file that was twice as large as the 7z version (it also took twice as long to make) and took twice as long to upload. Since this was impractical I was wondering if anyone knew how to make an installer that would simply move the files to the right place, rather than try to contain all the information. This way I could still 7z my files and people would not have so much trouble trying to find the right folder to paste them into.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

Default Re: Mod Installer

http://www.gdgsoft.com/faq/7zsfx.htm

I did a quick google search, apparently this will turn your .7z into a self-extracter. I guess this is prolly what you already tried tho.

How different would the file size be if you tried to use a .rar?

Default Re: Mod Installer

That's not the program I used but it's not what I'm looking for. This is a program that will unpack a 7z file to a specific folder, what I need is a small exe program that moves unpacked files. Basically once someone downloads this mod, unpacks it, and goes into the Eras folder all they have to do is click the exe file and it'll move the total_war_eras.bat and eras.cfg files, and the eras and data folders to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War (for the benefit of people who are unsure where to copy these files). Also creating a desktop short cut would be good but not essential.

I don't know how large the mod would be if it was a rar but it would probably be larger.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version