Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why are steroids illegal?

Default Re: Why are steroids illegal?

Quote Originally Posted by Hosakawa Tito View Post
    Alzado is the best known poster-child for the dangers of using these substances, but he certainly isn't the only one. Check out the premature deaths of Professional wrestlers that may also be attributed to abusing these substances. Where there's smoke there's fire....
    I tend to agree. But, unlike other pro athletes, pro-wrestlers don't usually have the option of talking time off to heal bad sprains and pulled muscles. About the only injuries that they can let bench them are borken bones, and torn muscles. As their buisness is no play, no pay. The example I know well enough to use is one Brett Heart gave in the 1997 documentary about him called "Wrestling with shadows." He broke his sternum doing a match. And took off 8 weeks. But his sick pay he was getting from his contract (he said $200-$300 every few weeks) wasn't enough to live on. And in his own words "I was back out wrestling way before I should have been." So these guys tend to be walking pharmasies of preformance enhancers, pain killers, and other "recreational pharmasuticals."
    If you havin' skyrim problems I feel bad for you son.. I dodged 99 arrows but my knee took one.

VENI, VIDI, NATES CALCE CONCIDI

I came, I saw, I kicked ass

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    People drink to get over stress, smoke to be more comfortable in a social environment. I don't see the problem in people taking the stuff as long as they are: adults, informed and not known to be mentally ill.

Absolutely correct, the latest and greatest is Equigen. Sadly it dosent come with any literature as to why some somatotropins are species specific but cavaet emptor as they say.

Stuff works though.
    There are few things more annoying than some idiot who has never done anything trying to say definitively how something should be done.

Sua Sponte

Quote Originally Posted by rory_20_uk View Post
    People drink to get over stress, smoke to be more comfortable in a social environment. I don't see the problem in people taking the stuff as long as they are: adults, informed and not known to be mentally ill.
    You want to ban mental patients from smoking and drinking...?
    Last edited by HoreTore; 09-10-2008 at 19:56.
    Still maintain that crying on the pitch should warrant a 3 match ban

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12