Jag, I hear many facts, yet little evidence.

I thought that rates of re-offence amongst all released prisoners was high. Is the rate amongst paedophiles much lower?

Threatened paedophiles are going to offend more "FACT"? What is this "fact" based on?

I'm completely with you on drugs. But then most drug addicts hurt themselves and i'm fine with that. Paedophiles hurt others, and I'm not fine with that.

The "salami of rights" argument can be used on almost anything from not fly dumping rubbish, to being allowed to eat pork sarnies whilst openly masturbating in a Muslim prayer meeting to whatever...

There are few truths from 300 years ago that stand completely unaltered. All men are not created equal, and IMO rights can be lost depending on behaviour.

I am aware that abuse is generally within the family. But there is enough that is not to be significant.

One could argue that almost all laws undermine democracy, as we don't have the right to repeal them.
Morals are based on the individual
philosophical? Well, that can be argued any way one chooses.
Ethical? Again, there are few certainties in ethics.

Personally I think the law isn't going to work. It is the usual compromise that pleases nobody.