Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which Christian denomination do you belong to?

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Cool Re: Which Christian denomination do you belong to?

Methodist by the answers that weren't least mine.

Otherwise a two timing worshiper of the wholly Trinity of Tim Tams and a Pastafarian.
    Last edited by Papewaio; 09-22-2008 at 02:44.
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Default Re: Which Christian denomination do you belong to?

Another free will loving Methodist.

I'd describe myself as a Deistic Agnostic in real life.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Which Christian denomination do you belong to?
    Your Result: Catholic

As a Catholic, you believe in the idea of a universal church, with the Pope at its head. You believe a strong hierarchy is necessary to keep order within the church, from the priests and bishops up to the Pope himself. Your theological views are likely to be very much conservative and based on tradition. Catholics believe in seven sacraments, and that the holy communion is the literal blood and body of Christ. In addition to this, they do not accept the Lutheran view of salvation through faith alone, or Calvinist views on predestination; but instead believe that good works are an essentital part of securing a place in Heaven. As a Catholic, you are likely to share many views with episcoplians, and to an extent perhaps also Lutherans, but otherwise your hierarchy and theological beliefs distance you from the post-reformation churches.
    As it should be, anything else and I might of had to question my faith

The Heretical Episcopalians came a rather too near second, but the rest of the Heretics and liars all fell far behind The Church.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar View Post
    As it should be, anything else and I might of had to question my faith

The Heretical Episcopalians came a rather too near second, but the rest of the Heretics and liars all fell far behind The Church.
    Should I presume a smilie was intended at the end of that post?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyfelwyr View Post
    No.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

L'Etranger Senior Member Banquo's Ghost's Avatar
    Hunting the Snark, a long way from Tipperary...

No.
    Then you are deliberately religion-bashing and insulting some members by implying they are liars.

That is against forum rules as you well know, and if it happens again, suitable sanctions will be applied.

I trust I make myself clear.
    "If there is a sin against life, it consists not so much in despairing as in hoping for another life and in eluding the implacable grandeur of this one."
    Albert Camus "Noces"

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Bopa, if neither of us religion-bash, could you point out your disagreements with reformed theology?
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

I'm a Branch Davidian. I sometimes go by the nickname "Extra Crispy".
    Last edited by Devastatin Dave; 09-23-2008 at 04:28.
    RIP Tosa

Nobody expects the Senior Member Lemur's Avatar

Ooooh, Dave, we should compare notes. I just joined up with the Peoples Temple and I've got this incredible thirst for Kool Aid ...

Bruadair a'Bruaisan Member cmacq's Avatar
    Where on this beige, brown, and olive-drab everything will stick, sting, bite, and/or eat you; most rickety-tick.

I find fault in the given questions. Indeed they are not representative of the various sects provided.

But a very nice try, to get one thinking they’ve been pigeon holed. CmacQ’s 14th Rule of Total BS; those that define their victim, win and those that believe this BS, lose.

The only proper answer to the question is; I am that I am ( or ehyeh asher ehyeh).

CmacQ
    Last edited by cmacq; 09-23-2008 at 07:22.
    quae res et cibi genere et cotidiana exercitatione et libertate vitae

Herein events and rations daily birth the labors of freedom.

RIP Tosa, my trolling end now Senior Member Devastatin Dave's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    Ooooh, Dave, we should compare notes. I just joined up with the Peoples Temple and I've got this incredible thirst for Kool Aid ...

Do they have grape Kool Aid? I hear its great with a little dash of cyonide.

Man, I'm going to hell.
    Last edited by Devastatin Dave; 09-23-2008 at 04:56.
    RIP Tosa

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo's Ghost View Post
    Then you are deliberately religion-bashing and insulting some members by implying they are liars.

That is against forum rules as you well know, and if it happens again, suitable sanctions will be applied.

I trust I make myself clear.
    Aaaah, I see I took it a bit too far this time. I was in fact just being an idiot, I actually did not think anyone would take what I said seriously, it was just so stupid.

But I apologize for having gotten that wrong

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Bopa, if neither of us religion-bash, could you point out your disagreements with reformed theology?
    Ok well, even though I was just playing the tosser, I will tell you why I do not agree with Reformists.

I am no great mind when it comes to theology, in fact I am an A-GRADE idiot when it comes to matters of The Church.
    My support of it is simple, I was raised as a Catholic and have become completely naturalised to it, on top of this I fail to see how a group of men in the 16th century could possibly refute the power and the rightness of the one Catholic Church, the oldest form of Christianity in existence. I usually just end up seeing it ( The Reformation) as pure egoism and politiking.

Sig by Durango

-Oscar Wilde

Sovereign Oppressor Member TIE Fighter Shooter Champion, Turkey Shoot Champion, Juggler Champion Kralizec's Avatar

Methodist...

After wich:
    Pentecostal
    Baptist
    Puritan
    Restorationist
    Lutheran
    Calvinist
    Episcopalian
    Catholic

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

I usually just end up seeing it ( The Reformation) as pure egoism and politiking.
    To be fair, the Catholic church's politicking and egoism were part of the reason that the Reformation occurred in the first place.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension Philippus Flavius Homovallumus's Avatar

Ok well, even though I was just playing the tosser, I will tell you why I do not agree with Reformists.

I am no great mind when it comes to theology, in fact I am an A-GRADE idiot when it comes to matters of The Church.
    My support of it is simple, I was raised as a Catholic and have become completely naturalised to it, on top of this I fail to see how a group of men in the 16th century could possibly refute the power and the rightness of the one Catholic Church, the oldest form of Christianity in existence. I usually just end up seeing it ( The Reformation) as pure egoism and politiking.
    Fair point. I just don't like the Pope as absolute monarch.

table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px arial, verdana, sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white; color: black; padding: 5px;"><b style="font: bold 20px 'Times New Roman', serif; display: block; margin-bottom: 8px;">Which Christian denomination do you belong to?</b> <div style="font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 4px;">Your Result: <b>Episcopalian</b></div><div style="width: 200px; background: white; border: 1px solid black;"><div style="width: 89%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div><p style="margin: 10px; border: none; background: white; color: black;">As an episcopalian, you support the espicopal system and the associated church hierarchy. You believe that positions such as those of Priest and Bishop are necessary within a church, and help keep the flock on a righteous path. Despite being a Protestant denomination, in many ways your views are likely to be more in line with those of the Papacy than any of the Lutheran or reformed churches. The best known espicopal church is the Church of England, or the Anglican Church. It sees itself as being "via media", or inbetween Protestanism and Catholicism. Episcoplians are widely spread throughout the world, but of course the episcopal heartland remains in England.</p></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Lutheran</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 70%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Catholic</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 59%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Methodist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 54%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Restorationist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 49%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Baptist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 45%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Calvinist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 38%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Puritan</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 36%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Pentecostal</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 0%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align: center; padding: 8px;"><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_christ...g_to"><b>Which Christian denomination do you belong to?</b></a><br><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/">Quiz Created on GoToQuiz</a></td></tr></table>
    "If it wears trousers generally I don't pay attention."

[IMG]https://img197.imageshack.us/img197/4917/logoromans23pd.jpg[/IMG]

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Quote Originally Posted by Philipvs Vallindervs Calicvla View Post
    table style="width: 320px; border: 1px solid gray; font: normal 12px arial, verdana, sans-serif; background-color: white;"><tr><td colspan="2" style="background: white; color: black; padding: 5px;"><b style="font: bold 20px 'Times New Roman', serif; display: block; margin-bottom: 8px;">Which Christian denomination do you belong to?</b> <div style="font-size: 16px; margin-bottom: 4px;">Your Result: <b>Episcopalian</b></div><div style="width: 200px; background: white; border: 1px solid black;"><div style="width: 89%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div><p style="margin: 10px; border: none; background: white; color: black;">As an episcopalian, you support the espicopal system and the associated church hierarchy. You believe that positions such as those of Priest and Bishop are necessary within a church, and help keep the flock on a righteous path. Despite being a Protestant denomination, in many ways your views are likely to be more in line with those of the Papacy than any of the Lutheran or reformed churches. The best known espicopal church is the Church of England, or the Anglican Church. It sees itself as being "via media", or inbetween Protestanism and Catholicism. Episcoplians are widely spread throughout the world, but of course the episcopal heartland remains in England.</p></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Lutheran</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 70%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Catholic</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 59%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Methodist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 54%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Restorationist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 49%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Baptist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 45%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Calvinist</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 38%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Puritan</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 36%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td style="color: black; background: white; padding: 3px;">Pentecostal</td><td style="background: white; padding: 3px;"><div style="width: 100px; background: white; border: 1px solid black; margin-top: 4px;"><div style="width: 0%; background: red; font-size: 8px; line-height: 8px;">&nbsp;</div></div></td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" style="text-align: center; padding: 8px;"><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/which_christ...g_to"><b>Which Christian denomination do you belong to?</b></a><br><a href="http://www.gotoquiz.com/">Quiz Created on GoToQuiz</a></td></tr></table>
    Heresy!
    BLARGH!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12