Thread: It isn't possible to host anymore??

Default It isn't possible to host anymore??

Hi all,

we have had our friday VI revival session yesterday, but it was not possible to host anymore!! Is it a temporary problem or has gamespy disabled this function?? Who has information.

In the case that mtw vi is dead now, it would be very sad. MTW VI is the last true Total war game. The others are arcade crap.

Thank you.
    Last edited by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard; 09-20-2008 at 00:27.

Default Re: It isn't possible to host anymore??

i was able to host from vanilla MTW.
    but only 1 guy was online..
    (might have been you actually, haha)

you can host, but nobody can see your game! Many of us tried it yesterday.

uf, I tried it now and I can see my game in the gamespy arcade. Yeah! I feared they have switched off our MTW VI. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by |Heerbann|_Di3Hard View Post
    uf, I tried it now and I can see my game in the gamespy arcade. Yeah! I feared they have switched off our MTW VI. :-)
    If GameSpy has ceased support for MTW, then Hamachi may be your only practical alternative. Haven't used it myself, but other posters here say they've done so successfully. It's worth a try.
    My father's sole piece of political advice: "Son, politicians are like underwear - to keep them clean, you've got to change them often."

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer57 View Post
    If GameSpy has ceased support for MTW, then Hamachi may be your only practical alternative. Haven't used it myself, but other posters here say they've done so successfully. It's worth a try.
    Hello Geezer,

Hamachi is an option indeed. But it would it make more complicate. Maybe not everyone has knowlegde in using Hamachi. And there are only a few left in mtw vi. We play fridays and sundays.

Best Regards