Thread: armour in ebII

Strategos Autokrator Member Vasiliyi's Avatar

Default armour in ebII

I was wondering how the eb team was going to use the armour upgrades in eb2. in the mtw:k when u upgrade armor you can see the armour upgrade when you are battling. Now I can imagine this working with certain factions but some factions (such as rome) where they had IIRC fairly uniform armour and prolly didn't 'upgrade' their armour like other factions. So if you have figured it out and can share, please do.

Thanks for such an amazing mod.

4x
    1x

Default Re: armour in ebII

This has been answered before. Using a search might offer some information. However I'll sum it up here. Its still being discussed. There are hardcoded stat bonuses which may affect stats, so only once they are finalised will we be able to make an accurate decision. However if were used they wouldn't be upgrades in the same way that MTW2 does, but rather to represent upgrades in the military overall. For example the camilian hastati being upgraded to the polybian hastati.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

That would be very handy way of conserving unit numbers, also being able to keep your experienced troops from the previous reform would be a nice bonus.
    Here's hoping the EB team can get it to work.

Thumbs up Re: armour in ebII

Yeah, that would be pretty cool.

Member Member Eastern Foot-Rocker's Avatar

Thumbs up AW: armour in ebII

Sounds like a really good idea -the possibility to upgrade advanced old-reform-units to the new reform.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Yeah, especially since it means that more unit slots will be freed up.

I know that the EB team has asked Creative Assembly to change the hardcoded culture limit, so I'm guessing that the unit or even territory limit has also been one of the things that the EB team has asked for to be modded. Why isn't CA complying? Doesn't it know that the reason why RTW was so popular was 50% because it was a great game and 50% because it spawned so many great mods (or even more in the favour of mods). I've heard so many people say that they actually bought RTW again just to use it for a mod.

Couldn't we start an online petition asking CA to modify the hardcoded limits? Would that make CA listen?

Won't help anything. We asked them to change it before the release of the last patch. They've moved on now, and Sega is not going to fund any further work on Kingdoms.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

How difficult is it to change the hardcoded culture, territory and unit limit for CA anyway? Isn't it just a couple of numbers?

I am not a big programming nerd, I can edit programming in C++ but not create a new program or make major changes, so can anyone tell me what is so difficult about editing hardcoding? I've never went that deep in Total War modding.

Editing parameters can add problems elsewhere. I'm sure they felt that the benefit of increasing these parameters did not outweigh the necessary testing that would have to accompany it.

Can we please stop talking about hardcodes and how its so easy to change them, or how we should change them, or how we cannot change them, or how CA should have changed them. Its boring, dull and repetitive. Please move on to something more interesting. I mean, we literally dropped a huge bomb on you with the tutorial campaign announcement. What the hell is a "city-state faction" and what the hell are "trade and military colonies"!?

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    What the hell is a "city-state faction" and what the hell are "trade and military colonies"!?
    Answer that if you like
    Last edited by grwn; 09-27-2008 at 12:47.
    grwn's Language Blog

"Your life is yours and yours alone - rise up and live it!" - Terry Goodkind

God I don't know. They don't tell me this stuff.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Foot is just the bag they´ve hired to take the punches while the real masterminds sit back and relax, take a vacation, get kids, go to work and overall just have a life. Foot, sadly, lost his a few years ago.

RIP Foot.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Thumbs up Re: armour in ebII

Wow, we're all being clowns today aren't, we?