Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will euzonoi be the only new unit in EB2 ?

Lies We Can Belive In Member Barry Soteiro's Avatar

Default Will euzonoi be the only new unit in EB2 ?

I'm scared
    Lies we can believe in

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Default Re: Will euzonoi be the only new unit in EB2 ?

What the hell makes you think that?
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Lies We Can Belive In Member Barry Soteiro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    What the hell makes you think that?
    What can you know ? You are not a team member.
    Lies we can believe in

Excuse me? I simply asked what made you think that Euzonoi would be the only new unit. In no way did I imply that I was a EB team member nor knew anything more than you do.

First of, I have seen no evidence what so ever that the Euzonoi would be the only knew unit in EBII.
    Second, I very, very, very much doubt that it will be. And I mean very. Very, very, very.

So please, explain what makes you think that there will only be one new unit for EBII.

Edit: I´d like to add, that seeing as about 70% of all questions asked on these forums have already been answered by the EB team at least once, and I most likely have read that answer at least once, I dare say that I can on certain matters give rather reliable asnwers. For example, I dare bet my membership on these forums that Meroe will not be an faction in EBII.

I equally dare bet that there will be more than 1 new unit in EBII.
    Last edited by General Appo; 09-24-2008 at 20:36.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Are you a troll? Do you think that perhaps that the completion of units can be done overnight. Do you have any idea how long each one takes, both to model and skin? Do you have any conception how much time and effort has gone into bringing you this and all you can remark upon is how scared you are that the only new unit in the video (not in EBII unless you feel that the video is a far representation of the EBII end product)? Are you really so maligned as to actually think that the the video includes either all units that will appear in EBII or even all units that we've done so far?

I seriously suggest that you stay away from the EBII forums for at least a year. Only then will you find released material closer to your standards and expectations.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Yeah! You go now. Wesa don´t want you.
    The Appomination

gollum!

yes, just to let everyone know, rastapopoulos was dead on. there will not be a single additional new unit added to any rosters for EB2, aside from the euzonoi. we have not already been working on a number of brand new units, nor will we ever do so in the future. stupid questions get sarcastic answers.
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Quote Originally Posted by paullus View Post
    stupid questions get sarcastic answers.
    Yeah, we even have a guy for that. It's his way of life.
    The truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it. - Mark Twain

Yeah, come to think of it: why do people assume there will be anything new in EB2 at all? Can't they see they're just going to get (if we are being benign) a background carbon copy of EB1?
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 09-26-2008 at 09:37.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

It really is just a consequence of the economic downturn. Sacrifices had to be made.

of course..there will be no new units in EBII it will be merely a copy of EBI *is being very sarcastic* nah don't think so prolly will be new units...and more than 1 but since I am not in the team. can just hope for it

Actually EB2 is going to simplify a bit by having about 10 roman factions to simulate the different families of rome. There will also be a crazy senate that will issue ridiculous and stupid missions such as blockading a port in india in order to get some Triarii. There will only be one non-roman faction simply called "barbarians"; hey, it's not called "Europe of the Barbarians" for nothing.

sure...a balloon for the joke...

...what makes you think it was a joke?
    This space intentionally left blank.

And what makes you think Pinkkiler was serious?
    The Appomination

Call it stunning insight.

"a balloon for the joke..."

Ah, but if you rearrange the letters of "the joke" you get:

Lots of words that don´t mean shit. However, they do mean:

Nothing at all really.
    The Appomination

Who said it was a joke? My god, man, there is a gas crunch on!
    Last edited by abou; 09-27-2008 at 00:22.

yeah, they almost canceled the georgia-alabama game! how are we supposed to fuel creating dozens of highly-detailed new units with astounding variety and veracity when we can't even fill our gas tanks to drive to the EB dev facility?
    "The mere statement of fact, though it may excite our interest, is of no benefit to us, but when the knowledge of the cause is added, then the study of history becomes fruitful." -Polybios

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

See there was going to be many new units until the collapse of several unit design firms. it seems that they had contracted their work to people who would never get their work done. then they sold their contracts to the bigger design teams. These Bigger Design Teams then bundled these contracts into securities to be bought and sold on the OSM (.org Stock Market). But when the independent designers did not do their work, the Bigger Design Teams were forced to take on all the jobs. They soon became over worked and collapsed. The board of directors at Sega are still debating a multi-billion dollar bailout and hope to reach a conclusion before the reopening of the OSM on Monday Morning.

(Thus ends my satire)
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

heh. you're an idiot. you should be happy to even have 1 new unit. plus, with the M2TW engine, they'll have to add like 5 (holy crap 5) skins for each unit, not to mention varied horses for the cav.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
    I'm scared

I' m not...

You like EB? Buy CA games.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Are you a troll? Do you think that perhaps that the completion of units can be done overnight. Do you have any idea how long each one takes, both to model and skin? Do you have any conception how much time and effort has gone into bringing you this and all you can remark upon is how scared you are that the only new unit in the video (not in EBII unless you feel that the video is a far representation of the EBII end product)? Are you really so maligned as to actually think that the the video includes either all units that will appear in EBII or even all units that we've done so far?

I seriously suggest that you stay away from the EBII forums for at least a year. Only then will you find released material closer to your standards and expectations.

Foot

amen.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post

Foot
    Deus vult.
    The Appomination

God wills?

It. God wills it. He does. He told me so. On phone. He called me. He then told me to phone him back. He said it was becasue He wanted to hear His new signal, but I know it just so He wouldn´t have to pay for the call. Cheap bastard.
    The Appomination

EDIT: Ah, nevermind.
    Last edited by Hax; 09-29-2008 at 18:10.

Indeed, there is no sense in arguing with the Appominator.
    The Appomination

I like "Appomination" better.

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Seriously guys, methinks we need to stop this. I doubt Rastapopoulos was intentionally trying to provoke someone by his thread. True, his question was a bit silly/stupid, but we all make mistakes, right? Anyway, since when was it the official .Org policy to gang up on people?

As for the somewhat rude response to General Appo, General Appo earned himself by using "What the hell" instead of something more polite. It would have been far better to calmly and patiently explain to Rastapopoulos why he was wrong rather than to pounce on him like that and then spend a couple of days slandering him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast