Thread: provinces

Default provinces

Will the borders of provinces be changed to be more realistic? It would for instance be logical to use the Donau as a border, as is allready done with the Rhine.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Default Re: provinces

Read the FAQ or the Steles for lots of answers.

As Foot has stated, just because something might look like a natural border it doesn´t mean it always has been.
    Of course the EB team always strives to make province borders as historical as possible, to assume anything else would be rather foolish.
    And yes, if Foot is to be trusted (doubtful) some border are due to be redrawn.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

I allready knew that the borders were going to be changed, I was hoping for some more details. On the subject of the Donau, or Danube; it was the border of the Roman Empire for a long period, so it would seem a realistic border. I do however understand this is not a Roman centred mod.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: provinces

You'll have to give a few more examples of "unrealistic borders", or else this thread is not much use to the EB team. They have thought about this, you know. The Danube may have been the official end of the Roman Empire, but this would not necessarily have applied to the people who lived there. It should also be noted that the Romans didn't feel particularly inhibited by their own borders. They would have been quite active in the area just beyond them.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Take the provinces of Skythia and Maeotis for example. I reality it would be relatively easy to hold the costal area around the Black Sea. If you however capture this provinces you get an enormous amount of steppe in addition to the coastal cities. It is not realistic for a faction to control this amount of steppe, only the coastal area could be controlled.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Well, on the matter of the Black Sea provices I agree with you, and indeed I know at least on EB team member (MAA) whom have stated that he feels uneasy with their current borders, so perhaps this will be changed.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

How exactly are the borders of the regions determined?

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    Well, on the matter of the Black Sea provices I agree with you, and indeed I know at least on EB team member (MAA) whom have stated that he feels uneasy with their current borders, so perhaps this will be changed.
    I've thought about that as well. It seems a bit weird that when you conquer a coastal settlement, like Olbia, you gain controll of a large areal of steppe as well. However, to divide them up would obviously require a province to be removed elsewhere.
    In the end, I guess it all comes down to what areas should be prioritized province-wise, and where the new factions will be located.