Thread: A question on attrition

Default A question on attrition

Well here I am again,

New question as an army campaings away from it's home land and supplies diwindle and they begin to starve and become surlly or disperiat woulnt men begin to run away from the army? attrition and disease are the two biggest killers of armies in this time frame, disease espically..... so why hasnt attrition been implamented ?

Maybe it would be to annoying? every thing to scale right by the time the achilly says out of supplies the rate of dissertion and disease would be much much higher.

Parden my spelling Im near illiterat :)
    Im sure this is not a new idea, just wondering what the thoughts on this are.

Jimmy

Default Re: A question on attrition

Attrition hasn't been implemented because it is impossible to do. The closest thing we have is how you lose units during a Crusade or Jihad, however this only works if the army is a Crusade or Jihad army, and its rather unsubtle. There are mechanics that we can use to represent this attrition. In EBI your army loses morale whilst campaigning in foreign lands to represent the loss of men, etc. This is controlled by certain factors, such as the generals own traits (how good he is at logistics for ex.).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

O Ok I did not know that morale loss was supposed to simulate attrition... makes sense how ever it is not realistic.... the men are still there to fight...... I would think it would be more important if indivdual units had more men in them

Thats why its called simulating. Its not entirely accurate but its the best we can do.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator