Thread: On What todo with captured solders

Default On What todo with captured solders

Ok, so you have one the battle and your faced with 3 (Potial 4) choices of what todo with captured enemy troops A) Release them unharmed B)Ransom them C)Kill them all and D)Enslave them

Of course all chioces should give traits to the commanding general and the leader of the winning faction given that he altimitly makes the discission.

D) If Enslavment is your chioce then the nearest goverened settlment or should recieve X amount of population to simulate the slaves being sold at auction.... the taxs collected and other fees paid from the sale of slaves would go to the general and army
    ( After all this is how legionary made there wealth)
    Is this possible?

C) It is highly unlikly that a civilized people such as my dear Romans would simply butcher such valuble goods as slaves..... and it would cause very unfavorable traits

B) Not a bad chioce..... at least its profitable and some what humane

A) emmmm........... I never would

Also it is highly important we find away to barter captured family members..... I think we should put our best minds to work on this...

Jimmy

Default Re: On What todo with captured solders

We cannot mod this area very much. We certainly couldn't add a new option, nor could an existing option be converted to do what you suggest for enslavement. We can of course associate traits with the options a general chooses. We cannot change how captured family members are treated (no way to barter them in anyway from how you can do it in vanilla MTW2).

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

In MTW2 you only get 3 options, right? Kill, ransom and release. I´m not sure if you can mod in a fourth choice.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Im guessing it may be diffcult to alter one of the chioces?

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Dammit, Foot owned me!
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy-Canada View Post
    Im guessing it may be diffcult to alter one of the chioces?
    See above:
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    nor could an existing option be converted to do what you suggest for enslavement.
    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: On What todo with captured solders

Hello Jimmy-Canada, welcome to the Org. I realize your reception may have appeared less then friendly, especially since you have given your suggestions some thought. However, it seems you do not realize that there are clear limitations to what can be achieved by modding the game. The game-engine itself is hidden inside the .exe file, and changing it is insanely difficult as well illegal. So don't think the team is rejecting your suggestions because they don't like new ideas: it's because they are simply impossible to implement.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

I am some what aware of the limitations of the engine, I have not ever posted before this day but have been lurking in the back ground for quite some time. I dont normally meddle in busniess that is as over my head as flying men to the moon, however I often have ideas for this wonderful mod and felt I needed to share them.
    I have read enough of foots responses to peoples topics to know that his job is to be the "face" of EB II and that he must get very frustated answering the same questions over and over. No harm done as I understand the nature of the furom.
    If I had any ambition or personal will power I would learn to modd myself and put my thoughts into action....... maybe tommorow. Any way until I get around to learning to modd I may hairass you fine EB II people from time to time.

P.S. Foot
    Couldnt an agent recieve traits that would effect the govenering of a settlement, such as trade bonus and such..... That would be a start.... er wouldnt it? thanks

Jimmy