CONCERT OF EUROPE[/SIZE]
Anno Domini 1815: after a long and devastating serial of wars, campaigns and battles Napoleon is defeated. The victorious sovereigns meet to restore order at the Conference of Vienna.
The Austrian capital hosts assignees of about 200 European states, corporations and cities. Among them are all leading countries with the exception of the Ottoman Empire. These great powers play the dominant roles:
Russia, LORD WINTER
Great Britain KING KURT,
Prussia ICHIGO and
the restored French monarchy.Tiberius of the Drake
Sardia (Piemont and Genoa): King Jan III Sobieski
Warluster is 1st in line!!
The countries soon agree that the new order shall be built on the fundament of five principles:
1) Legitimacy - Old dynasties have to be restored
2) Restoration – The political and social conditions of the pre-revolutionary era have to be restored. This principle shall also be the barrier against any revolutionary threat, liberal or nationalistic.
3) Monarchy – order can only base and be guaranteed by the God send authority of the true monarch.
4) Solidarity – the power of the monarchs will be completed by the solidarity between the monarchs.
5) System of European Equilibrium – no country shall be able to dominate Europe, again. All future conflicts shall be solved by a peaceful agreement of the five great powers, the Concert of Europe.
As interests of the participants still collide it soon becomes evident, that implementing the last principle is the most difficult task.
The goal of Austrian Foreign Minister Metternich is an Austrian dominated Central Europe, forming a counterbalance to the powers in the east and the west, Russia and France.
Main goal of Russia is to gain main part of Poland. The czar tinkers with the idea to build a constitutional state there.
The English deputy, on the other hand, similar to Metternich, aspires to a conservative Europe and wants to avoid further increase of the Russian power.
France fights the desire of a German unification to protect her own position as a great power.
Prussia, however, wants to increase her power by a stronger German union, though this would be against the interests of the small German countries as well as Austria.
Differences are strong and for a moment a new war seems to be more likely than a lasting peace agreement.
Then, however, Napoleon is back. He landed at the French shores and is seizing power again. He, who had forced his will upon the European counties so many times before, manages to unite the disputing congress. The assignees agree on forming a new coalition army of about 700,000 men. Immediately, a Prussian army of 117,000 under the command of Blücher marches against France, while the English send Wellington along with 100,000 soldiers from England, Hannover, the Netherlands and Belgium.
If you would like to join the CONCERT OF EUROPE, just select one of the great powers.