Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Concert of Europe

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Concert of Europe

The monster of RL is on me. I'll be currently unable to do anything. A little taking breath in Wednesday. tHEN.. WE shal see
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Humanist Senior Member Franconicus's Avatar

Facts and numbers:
    Austria: expected tax income 9 Million; Army size: 169,000; Debt: 108 Mio
    Prussia: expected income 8 Million; Army size: 80,000; Debt: 151 Mio
    Russia: expected income 13 Million; Army size: 290,000; Debt: 203 Mio
    France: expected income 3 Million; Army size: 8,000; Debt: 215 Mio
    England: expected income 10 Million; Army size: 35,000; Debt: 114 Mio
    Sardinia: expected income 3.5 Million; Army size: 25,000, Debt: 18 Mio

TASKS (for the period between July 1818 and June 1819)

Austria:
    1) Schwartzenberg’s campaign is doing well. He is hoping to defeat the centers of rebellion at Marseille and La Rochelle this year. However, the situation in northern France is twisted. Please give detailed plans for him.
    2) The Ottoman army is leaving your country, but it is still a threat. What are your orders for warman and Radetzky?
    3) Italy: If your relative at Naples does not get help immediately, the rebellion will take over the two Sicilies. This will probably pull the rest of Italy into a nationalistic riot. The mob already threatens the Pope and the riots may soon reach Venice. Even your ally Sardinia may run into trouble. What is your strategy?
    4) Go on with the German Bund. What are your ideas to make it an effective instrument?
    5) Report of your secret police: Your government is getting more and more unpopular. The disaster of your first French adventure and the defeat against the Ottoman invasion shows that the Imperial Army is in a bad condition. People also blame you, that you sent the army into another French adventure, while Muslim hordes devastate the provinces at the border. Economy is not doing fine, the conflicts in France and on the Balkans limit trade. Furthermore cheap imports of England are as negative as the deficit of your budget. Patriots also blame you for not leading the German states. The number of newspapers in the Empire is exploding and propaganda articles against the government are very common. The population shows more and more interest in the daily policy. They all put the blame on Metternich, which they see as the black sheep of the country. Everyone wants you to fire this minister and to introduce democratic reforms. The Hungarian minorities are relatively quiet and so are the Poles. However, the secret police finds signs of nationalistic activities in your Italian provinces.
    6) War affects your trade and tax income. It also increases your expenses. How do you want to balance your budget? New taxes for the wars?

Prussia:
    1) Political police reports: Your Rhine provinces are very uneasy. They are dominated by merchants and educated citizens. The trade with France broke down, trade with the German states is small for Prussia is still not member of their custom union and rebellious ideas are crossing the border from France. Most of your subjects dream liberal dreams and even support strange ideas like creating a German national state or even a free Polish state. In the eastern provinces, the old Prussian aristocrats dominate. They do not like any liberal ideas and benefit from the former Polish provinces. The Poles are getting more and more unquiet. At Schlesien the weavers are suffering from import from England and goods manufactured in the new factories. As everywhere else, new newspapers pop up and spread news all over the country. Most of the newspapers spread radical ideas.

2) Your advisors suggest giving some rights to a parliament. However, they discuss different ways of election: one-man-one-vote; votes only for those men that own land; or a 3 class system according to the amount of paid taxes.

3) Nationalists committed a first political crime. They are becoming more and more dangerous.
    4) The French rebellion can easily spread all over Europe. Next could be the provinces at the Rhine. Do you want to intervene or is this a task for the “big five”?
    5) What is your position on the Balkan conflict?
    6) Your economy is stagnating and so is your tax income.

Russia:
    1) Western Europe is at the edge. France is already in flames and Italy is starting to burn, too. Nationalists at German begin to become more active. Isn’t it time for you to interfere?
    2) Your secret police reports, that a group of Polish noblemen plan a riot. Normal citizens, student and farmers build secret organizations. What are your measures?
    3) The growing trade with the Ottoman Empire makes your economy and your income grow. However, as there are no more payments from France, your budget is negative. Banks already told you, that they are not willing to pay any more next year. Therefore, you have to reduce the gap of 10 million by reducing your expanses, increasing your income or borrowing money from somewhere.
    4) What is your position at the Balkans? Your army is concentrated along the borders to the Ottoman Empire. Please give detailed information about the deployment and the operation plans.

France:
    1) You managed to create at least some income. However, you have lost control of most provinces. How do you act with the republicans, the royalists and the foreign forces?
    2) What do you plan with the prisoners, the Austrians made at Lyon?

England:
    1) House of Lords asks you to introduce taxes on food imports. The local farmers are not able to compete with the prices of imported food.
    2) House of Commons complains, that wages and working conditions of the working class is getting worse. Many live in extreme poverty, children have to work hard. The deputies ask the government to pass laws to help the working class.
    3) Trade is going down. Merchants blame you for looking for trouble with the Americans as well as with the Ottoman Empire. This only hinders their chances. They also wonder why you do not interfere at France, instead. The most important trade with France is completely down. Your industry is still doing fine, but if trade goes down, industry will follow.
    4) If things do not change basically, your government will lose the support of the Houses of Parliaments. Then you will have to replace Liverpool!
    5) The Americans are preparing for war.
    6) Hannover: The citizens are only waiting for the end of the reign of the current King. Then the English crown will no longer rule over this territory. The people of Hannover already discuss if they want to join the German Bund or join Prussia or stay independent. Maybe you should use the time you sill rule the country to take influence on this issue.
    7) The East India Company is a disaster. It needs money to survive. Furthermore it takes money, soldiers and food to control the English rule over India.
    8) China: Any proposals to balance the trade with China?
    9) The Dutch found a base at Singapore. If they go on with their efforts, they may hinder the English trade with China.

Sardinia:

1) You became target of the Italian nationalists. They are becoming stronger and more active. Now you are at the crossroads. You can either fight the nationalists by going on supporting Austria or you can change sides and lead the nationalists and become King of a united Italy by driving the Austrians out of Italy.
    2) The conflicts all around decrease your trade and income.
    Last edited by Franconicus; 01-06-2009 at 10:38.

Franc didn't I disband men?
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The Emperor Of Austria condems the attacks by the Ottoman Empire. We have warned you not to strike us. Your nations will be greatly punished for this act!

To the Austrian people, I know your problems! War is hell, and is not pretty. Do not become like the French peasents, they are unruley. Stick together, and we will get though these problems together!

Enlightened Despot Member Vladimir's Avatar

Sounds like someone is trying to bring in the newly formed United States as a player controlled nation.

Reinvent the British and you get a global finance center, edible food and better service. Reinvent the French and you may just get more Germans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Maniac From Mars
    How do you motivate your employees? Waterboarding, of course.
    Ik hou van ferme grieten en dikke pinten
    Down with dried flowers!
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Russian Empire demands an explanation from the Sultan for this unprovoked on our Austrian allies. We demand that the Sultan makes payments to atone for this attack.

Tsar Alexander I
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

The Kingdom of Prussia stands in line with Austria; while we disgrace the attack we also do not declare war as of yet. Prussia demands that the Ottoman Empire withdraw all its troops from Austrian ground and sign a peace. We do not request payment, though bolder nations may if they choose to force war, we just ask that you leave them or suffer a united front in Euope, armies better then you can ever muster.

We await a response from the English King regarding a Alliance.

King Frederick William III,

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Winter View Post
    Franc didn't I disband men?
    My fault!

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

The bluster of Russia and Prussia concerning the Turks is confusing. May I remind them that while they pontificate about the affront of the attack, they did nothing to assist the Serbs in their struggle against the Turks. Even Austria seemed more interested in sending troops to France then defending their homeland. It is only Serbia and the British navy which have taken the fight to the Turks. Prussia asks about the alliance - I say we have showed our colours already and have taken the fight to the Turks. I look forward to these central European powers replacing actions with words and joining us and Serbia in our fight against the heathen hordes of the tyrant Sultan.

Lord Liverpool sits down on the front bench of the House of Lords while both sides of the house cheer him to the rafters.
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

I, Louis XVIII, would like to remind his Majesty, King Frederick, that there have been unsettling reports from his own country as well. I have heard that your Rhine provinces are uneasy - full of what some would call "bourgeoisie". There are even rumours of some of your more liberal factions holding ideas that would be contrary to your royal interests the creation of a German national state or even a free Polish state, for instance.

I believe I have heard this saying in some academic and religious circles - something about throwing stones in a glass house or something? There is a fine line which exists between rest and unrest. There is nothing stopping select groups of Prussian people from acting out as I have seen in my own nation. Worry not, brother monarch. I have everything planned out in France...

Louis, Re de France
    Last edited by King Jan III Sobieski; 01-06-2009 at 19:55.

Blog Entries

Post The Speech of the Chancellor

I would like to express my condolences to the family of those heroes who fought bravely and stopped the invasion of the Ottomans. Some say the Austrian army is weak. As a prime-minister of Austria and diplomat I have to reject such an idea. I have never doubted the skills of the Austrian soldiers who beared the burden against the tyrant Napoleon. What happened near Bratislava is a good proof that our soldiers are skilful warriors. These sole 2000 men repelled the attack of the Turks with unexpected enthusiasm and died for their Emperor and the Empire. They have won, the Turks retreated with great casualties. Yet it is a little comfort for us. For Bratislava was ruined, the enemy is still on our border. So, as a Chancellor of the Austrian Empire, I will send a letter to the Ottoman sultan. He will face a dilemma. He shall retreat and demobilise his army from the Danube and will stop harassing our people. Because I promise that if he continues, he will soon face not only 2 000 heroes, neither 20 000 but at least ten times more.

About the second issue that bothers the peoples of Austria. Why do we fight in France? It is true we do not fight for lands, we are also civilised people and will not enslave the French people, either. Contrary to these false rumours, our idea was to prevent another French revolution and another war of Napoleon. Austria decided to go in France and to fight a rebellion there before it grows. I remind you that Napoleon is still alive and there is always a chance, however small it is, to return. Austria could not risk. And we send men. We are not cowards. I await the other rulers of Europe to show they are also as brave as the Austrians were and to send men. It is time to put the end of chaos in France, despite it seems to be so far away from our borders. France, as each great state in Europe, should be ruled by a King as we have all agreed in Vienna. It is one crowned person who shall rule the state, as it has always been. If there are many Kings in one state, which is what the Republicans want, there is anarchy. So i suggest we should deal with the problem swiftly instead of speaking without much use.

Klemens von Metternich, Chancellor of Austria
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 01-06-2009 at 22:43.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

From the Court of Louis XVIII:

We would like to comend Chancellor Metternich for his sound reason and kind verse.

We also would like to commend our displeasure at the recent actions taken by the Ottoman Empire.

There is a big mess with the financial numbers. Sorry for that! I try to fix it, now.
    Here are the correct numbers (all in million talers) for the years 1814/1815, 1815/16, 1816/17, 1817/1818.

DEBTS (only bank account; what you owe to other countries not included!):
    Austria: 100 (year 1814/1815), 126, 128, 134.44,
    Prussia: 150, 116, 117, 117
    Russia: 200, 194, 190, 197,
    England: 120, 119, 116, 113.4
    France: 150, 155, 220, 220.3
    Sardinia: 20, 20, 20, 18.4.

TAX REVENUE (minus general expenses)
    Austria: 10 (year 1815/16), 10, 10, 9
    Prussia: 8, 8, 8.5, 8
    Russia: 12, 12, 12, 13
    England: 10, 12, 12, 10
    France: 0, 0, 0, 3
    Sardinia:4, 4, 4, 3.5.

Sorry!!

The ambassador of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA:

We are pleased to hear that the English will support the freedom of allpeople. We assume that this means that they will leave Marocco and Ageria, that they will go out of Canada and Iraland and set the Indians free! Thsi is a great day for all free people.

Cheers!

Blog Entries

134.44 Million in the hole for Austria?
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 01-07-2009 at 20:42.

Blog Entries

sorry to totally interrupt and ruin the atmosphere but how do u play these? i know this game is full just curious

{Public Statement distributed to burgesses, town centers and guild halls across France}

I, Louis Stanislas Xavier, speak not as your King, but as a fellow Frechmen. If we unite, we can end the strife and pain our nation has seen and felt over the past months. Unite with me, and this glorious nation can become glorious again!

Louis XVIII, Re de France

Quote Originally Posted by 777Ares777 View Post
    sorry to totally interrupt and ruin the atmosphere but how do u play these? i know this game is full just curious
    It`s quite simple. Every turn each player sends me his political, military or economic moves. I put all these into a giant, complex and hisophisticated 19th century simulation machine (it`s realyy from the 19th century- therefore numbers are sometimes a bit uncorrect!).

This machine calculates history for a year period, taking into account the personal deficits of each player`s characters. Then it plot the story and gives new opportuniteies for the next period.

Blog Entries

When is the deadline by the way,Fran?

Blog Entries

When is the deadline by the way Franconius?

My laptop broke down and I had the flu!

But I see that you had a good time and I will answer your messages asap.
    I am looking forward to read your decisions

NEXT FRIDAY

Cheers

Blog Entries

Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by King Kurt
    Franc

The Austrians are really annoying me so I am thinking of a dramatic next move -
    I intend to mull it over this weekend, but I wondered how the Sultan would view a secret treaty where i supplied him and used my navy to support an attack on Austria? With the Austrians distracted by the French situation it could be a good time. Moreover I intend to stir up national feelings in Poland, Hungary and Italy.

So - just a quick heads up on what I have in mind and I will firm up early next week.

Your thoughts would be welcome - have a good weekend

KK
    Austria is shocked by the betrayal of Lord Liverpool and his blindness. His unexplainable anti-Austrian course will bring misfortune to Britain. Therefore, Austria will follow the passive example of Prussia and Russia will withdraw their armies from France. The Austrian soldiers have done their best in order to crush the rebellion and have captured Lyon, the heart of the rebellion. However, Austria must defend their homelands as a priority. And the Empire now feels threatened by the machinations of Lord Liverpool and is forced to abandon a successful campaign. We are sorry for this dramatic outcome and I sincerely hope that our friend the French King will manage to deal with the new situation. We will do our best to aid the moderate royalists on our leave leaving them to administer the appeased lands.

We are also going to support the claims of the Ottoman sultan and to gurantee his lands before the conflict between our countries in order to restore the peace along our borders. We urge Britain not to interfere again in this region.

Klemens von Metternich, Chancellor of Austria, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Security
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 01-23-2009 at 09:26.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Blog Entries

Austria and Myself are indeed shocked by the betrayel of Lord Liverpool. I am quite angered to hear he would propose such Anti-Austrian courses towards us. I also send my apologies to the French King for this outcome. Like Metternich said, our troops did their best to quell the revolt, and they fought very well. We captured Lyon from the rebels, and was doing well to help the French King and his loyal people. I am pleased of what we did to help the people of France.

We are going to support the claims of the Ottomans, like Metternich said, and he covered this part very well also .

Kaiser Franz I, Emperor of the Austrian Empire.

" Hammer of the East" Member King Kurt's Avatar

Sorry boys - pressure of work means no moves or feedback from me until Monday
    As for my Austrian friends - are you wise to believe the word of a Turk??????
    I can tell you that the PM you have "discovered" is not what I wrote to the Sultan
    And why did you withdraw your troops from France when you have been asking for English troops and money for France for 10 days???
    Does this mean the offer of splitting France between us is off??
    LL
    "Some people say MTW is a matter of life or death - but you have to realise it is more important than that"
    With apologies to Bill Shankly

My first balloon - for "On this day in History"

Blog Entries

Exclamation Re: Concert of Europe

Quote Originally Posted by King Kurt View Post
    I can tell you that the PM you have "discovered" is not what I wrote to the Sultan
    And why did you withdraw your troops from France when you have been asking for English troops and money for France for 10 days???
    LL
    I can not understand what the British want to say... Austria withdtraws their troops from Britain because it is obvious that the British are plotting against Austria. As far as the word of one of the European rulers - yes, I trust his words. And I have other letters that prove your double-faced game with us. Your words above prove that!

If Great Britain has any ambitions towards the integrity of the Kingdom of France I must reply that Austria is ready to counter them. France should be independent Kingdom as it has always been. May Lord Liverpool give any evidence for his lies?

Yes, I hoped that Austria will not be the single power that would aid the French King. Unfortunately worse things happened. It was deceived.

I demand an excuse from Lord Liverpool to Austria and the Ottoman Empire.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Kurt View Post
    LL

What I also don't understand, Lord Liverpool, is this. You wish to help the Serbians against the Ottomans, though you want to aid the Ottomans against us. For what purpose?

We trust the word of the Sultan, and I do not think he would lie to us for no reason. Also, please provide proof of your lies that you are spreading. We love to see it.

Kaiser Franz I

I will send my orders out Sunday Franconius! .
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 01-23-2009 at 20:50.

As there are still negotiations going on, I postpone the deadline to Wednesday!

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

With the discovery of recent documents, and the withdrawl of Austrian troops from France, Prussia would like to inform France it now cancels any form of military help, and we will rettain our soldiers to fight against potential trouble. We wish them good luck in any rebellion.

What Prussia is more concerned about is the accusations both Austria and Britain have aimed. We are alarmed signifcantly by Lord Liverpool's accusation of Austria and Britain 'splitting' France amongst themselves. We are ready to to believe this after past events.

I would also like to announce of a Prussian and Ottoman economic alliance, which is still in negotiations.

King Frederick William,
    King of Prussia,

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster View Post
    With the discovery of recent documents, and the withdrawl of Austrian troops from France, Prussia would like to inform France it now cancels any form of military help, and we will rettain our soldiers to fight against potential trouble. We wish them good luck in any rebellion.

What Prussia is more concerned about is the accusations both Austria and Britain have aimed. We are alarmed signifcantly by Lord Liverpool's accusation of Austria and Britain 'splitting' France amongst themselves. We are ready to to believe this after past events.

I would also like to announce of a Prussian and Ottoman economic alliance, which is still in negotiations.

King Frederick William,
    King of Prussia,

King Frederick,

I do not know why you would believe such accusations from Britian that Austria was going to split up France between us. It is edivent that Liverpool is caught red handed trying to fight my nation, and now he is trying to get the attention off from his nation without making a comment or anything. He has not come forward with any proof also, which makes it even more laughable.

Kaiser Franz I

Blog Entries

I second the comment of the Kaiser
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 01-26-2009 at 14:59.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Blog Entries

Still waiting for the proof Lord Liverpool.

Page 5 of 54 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast