Thread: Building Icons

Default Building Icons

I think it would be very very good and proffensional if you made new icons of buildings. Not just a few new and keep some old ones.

Make new building icons for every building, like in Invasio Barbarorum mod. link: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88279

It makes everything feel much better and shows that there is a very good system, and does very much to the game.
    Last edited by ludwag; 10-11-2008 at 14:06.

Default Re: Building Icons

What, unlike in EB1, you mean ?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    What, unlike in EB1, you mean ?
    I believe he means that in EB1 there was some kind of desperancy with custom and vanilla buildings icons....and if EB2 can have a more unified vision...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by hellenes View Post
    I believe he means that in EB1 there was some kind of desperancy with custom and vanilla buildings icons....and if EB2 can have a more unified vision...
    yes

That is something we would love to do, but it isn't something high up on the list. We need a campaign first, we need units done, we can worry about aesthetics when we can free up some talent.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    That is something we would love to do, but it isn't something high up on the list. We need a campaign first, we need units done, we can worry about aesthetics when we can free up some talent.

Foot
    I see. Of course No1 priority are the gameplay workouts.
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwag View Post
    I think it would be very very good and proffensional if you made new icons of buildings. Not just a few new and keep some old ones.

Make new building icons for every building, like in Invasio Barbarorum mod. link: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=88279

It makes everything feel much better and shows that there is a very good system, and does very much to the game.
    I think the rule of thumb is that any decorative suggestion or request (like my request for the buildings to not look like medieval ones) should be put off for a year while they make the actual game.

Thumbs up Re: Building Icons

I am in complete agreement with you, ACIN. Sure, making building cards is a noble goal, but I would much rather be able to fight a battle than spend my time looking at pretty cards.

it is a very simple thing, just something they have to put on the list about things to do. ofcurse they need to make many other things first.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Of course there is the possibility that some able fan of EB can make those new building cards himself. This way they can help the EB team who doesn't have to worry about it then.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

And who knows, if a fan makes such a nice and showing contribution to EB, maybe he won´t just be fan anymore.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Its not required any programming skills or modeling skills to make them. I think you should ask some fans to do it

That would require fans to know what buildings are in EBII and how they are being represented. And we have high standards, so it may be that a lot of work might not make it on because of that. Its not something that we would really commission fans for. But if a fan wanted to make his own for a mini-mod there would be nothing stopping him/her.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator