Thread: frustrating romani ctd *sadface*

Exclamation frustrating romani ctd *sadface*

i've just downloaded eurobarbarome and honestly i LOVE the game
    i started playing with the romani to get a grasp of the game right now im in year 247 bc the game tends to ctd
    in the turn of carthage (i cant remeber the original name ) i've tried decreasing the
    1.population in all of their setelments to no succes

2.i don't have any rebellions going on in my faction

3.everytime just before the cames ctd's it zoom's in on iponne where i have an assasin and diplomat stationed close

4.furthermore it happend about 7 times with script on and off

5. canceling the orders in all my towns didnt help at all either

6.and since the start of the game i've diligently turned on the background script

7.i downloaded and placed all the permanent fixes to no avail the same thing happend again... so im rather at a crossroads here >_<

i really want to finish the campaign since it took me forever to figure out wat was wat and how everything worked to get to where i am and i want to finish wat i started
    i'm not sure how to upload the save game so i'll try something here =P (i uploaded it but not sure wat to do next)

hope i gave enough info!

romani save file:(i hope) http://www.axifile.com?9581844
    for the time being i'll just start a new campaign

oh and besides all of this the game is having alot of issues ever since thefirst ctd im playing with makedonia for example and this warning about some driver stopping and then recovering keeps popping up if anybody might know wat it is it would be appreciated if not i'll just see it as a problem of my system
    Last edited by XrexXxarX; 10-12-2008 at 17:36. Reason: rechecked all the info

Default Re: frustrating romani ctd *sadface*

Toggle fog of war off and check the "Follow AI movement" option in the game options menu. I have no idea why but this seems to help.
    My bloons:

Quote Originally Posted by ^RaGe^ View Post
    Toggle fog of war off and check the "Follow AI movement" option in the game options menu. I have no idea why but this seems to help.
    Wouldn't that take an awfully long time? It may work, but there has to be a less incredibly slow way.

The rebellion doesn't have to be in Carthage, it could be the faction that comes after them, or the two after that. Check the whole map for rebellions.

Wouldn't that take an awfully long time? It may work, but there has to be a less incredibly slow way.
    Why would there have to be?
    Last edited by bovi; 10-13-2008 at 07:25.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nefftron View Post
    There isn't, sometimes it comes down to that. Either to spot the exact cause, or occasionally it seems to get around the problem. Isn't an "incredibly long time" better than starting all over again?
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

i tried toggle_flow but it didnt show the settlements public order how do i get the game to show me that??

Quote Originally Posted by XrexXxarX View Post
    i tried toggle_flow but it didnt show the settlements public order how do i get the game to show me that??
    Press 'F1' and click the question mark in the corner. Click the 'show me how' button when the advisor pops up. This toggles on the perfect_spy cheat.
    My bloons:

thnx i'll try that

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    The rebellion doesn't have to be in Carthage, it could be the faction that comes after them, or the two after that. Check the whole map for rebellions.

Why would there have to be?
    wel i did i whent through every settlement in the game besides the eultheroi(even fixed one of them accidentaly) found quite a few who where almost going to rebel one of them even was in seleukia but it didnt help the game shutdown like nothing ever happend

The problem may lie in a reform marker spam. Even though you've now installed the fixes, it won't retroactively remove those extra reform markers, and once the settlement builds another building the game will crash. The good news is that it won't happen again in your next game. If that is indeed the cause, that is.

I won't be able to test your savegame for at least two more weeks, and likely more than a month. What's more, I think it may not be fixable, so I suggest that you start a new campaign. I guess you've done so now already.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

true i've started a new campaign problem is i'm kinda sick of seeing all those hellenic units so i started of with rome for a nice change of pace shame i'ts probably unfixable it took me quite some time to get where i was =P quite a few hours of my life waisted but yh if you do find a way to fix it somehow let me know k? i'll just start with baktria or something see how that works out =P

No time of your life is ever wasted if you took pleasure in what you did during that time. I suppose the search for a solution is still a waste though, hope you didn't spend all that much time on that.

================
    ================