Thread: Mod not necessarily dead

Default Mod not necessarily dead

I haven't been on the forums in quite awhile and I'm not sure about the others. But I know Krazysigmarite in person and he could pick the mod up and work on it at anytime. I think with such a small team it is hard to keep the modding process moving smoothly. Now, I am not going to speak for Krazy or the others but don't give up on this mod yet. I will ask Krazy what his plan is for this mod but unless we officially close down the mod then please down assume it is dead.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Default Re: Mod not necessarily dead

Eh, I won't give up hope, but I really don't give it much.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Indeed, the team is small. Too small. I joined this mod, started on one unit, but due to the inactivity in the dev forums, I haven't done anything on it for a very long time. It's hard to keep up motivation when nobody is doing anything...

I've been keeping tabs on this mod for almost 2 years now and I can see very little change. I think the pics of models already done shows off a huge amount of talent from the 3D artists and the discussions about the army compositions is fun. But I must ask how many members are still working on this project?
    What has been finished and what is still to be done?
    I know I might sound a bit pushy but this is my way of showing an interest in a mod I've been hoping to play and enjoy for a long time now.
    I can see Empire total war on the horizon and I've kicked ass with Scotland many times now in britannia and main game.
    If theres work that I could help with or learn to do that could help you I would be willing to put in the time.
    This thread shows once again that people appreciate the work that has been done and that you guys are still working on it and if theres even some more photos or a test game to help with unit balancing I think it would generate more interest even amoungst other modders if you guys need more members.
    As always thank you for your hard work to date and good luck in your real lives as well.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 06-18-2009 at 14:22.

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

I've haven't had a look at this in about a month & a 1/2, I can't see the progress

It would be nice to know if they're modding entirely as a hobby & if they're actually going to
    put as much effort as Bwian did. All I've seen since he's left, & more than that.. is a orc's head..

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

In answer to this forum, yes, i do believe it is, the last post besides this one was over two and a half months ago and it wasn't even made by a modder. If I am wrong here please tell me because even though this mod may be dead the pictures lokk great and it would be funner to play than that damn russian mod or at least I think it would cause I havent played it, or even downloaded it for that matter, yet.
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Goncalou View Post
    it would be funner to play than that damn russian mod or at least I think it would cause I havent played it, or even downloaded it for that matter, yet.
    The Russian mod is apparently illegal & was supposed to be deleted or something.
    & it does seem this has died indeed.

Voluntary Suspension Voluntary Suspension stilgar's Avatar

Humm the russian mod is not deleted for now, but the mod leader has left without sending news.

I was wondering if someone has in its computer the folder of this mod (not the russian one), maybe it can be uploaded and someone may continue it.

What I don't get is why the leader of this mod doesn't just release what's already done so that it can at least be used in custom battles. Seems a shame.

That's because he has 2 reasons:
    1) He is working on a very neat looking mod called "Curse of the Warpstorm". It has tanks (yes tanks), robots, skeleton hordes, unique factions, and many other neat stuff
    and 2) Read this. It would explain a lot about his inactivity.

I hope this clears some things up for you.

hey guys,

only recently discovered this here mod. Am really hoping its not dead! work so far looks very promising.
    is there a set of tools you can download to mod the game?
    if so i may see if i can get to grips with them so i can offer my services. did quite well at creating various maps and scripted scenarios for dawn of war, so not completely inexperienced :-)