Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Serious question about a hated subject - Lorica Segmentata

Default Re: Serious question about a hated subject - Lorica Segmentata

No imperial gallic helmet, but Coolus helmet! IF they should change helmets on the imperial legionaries. I only said imperial gallic ONCE, but i later found out that it is wrong. The monterfortino helmet is too gay, and coolus helmet is inside the timeframe to.

edit: Guess what I found out: they DO use coolus helmet in EB. I just diddnt notice. Becouse they had a tassel on them, and becouse of their colour and stuff.
    Last edited by ludwag; 11-05-2008 at 14:14. Reason: I said "too" instead of "to"

Quote Originally Posted by Pontius Pilate View Post
    if new evidence was found would the EB team add it in?
    Showing new evidence is something quite other than calling people stubborn, and would have a profoundly different effect.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Member Member Gatalos de Sauromatae's Avatar

Just mod it yourself after EBII release and respect the decision of EB team, please.
    PS. I am stalking in EBI and EBII board for a time and now just want to show my opinion of this thread.
    Drunken chieftan said: Where the hell are those stupid horsemen of mine?
    One of horsemen replied: We are all here, sir! However, you can't see us because you were fallen from your horse, sir.

Prefect of Judea (former) Member Pontius Pilate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Showing new evidence is something quite other than calling people stubborn, and would have a profoundly different effect.
    Not really calling the EB team stubborn, but okay, if that's how you want to think. If I wanted to insult then I would say just come out and start trashing the EB team publicly, but I don't think I did. I'm also sure I don't see the word "stubborn" anywhere in my post but whatever. Still nobody has yet to answer the question, would the EB team change their mind? Yes or no? Well since nobody wants to answer I'm guessing it would be yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatalos de Sauromatae View Post
    Just mod it yourself after EBII release and respect the decision of EB team, please.
    Would you quote me specifically where I have been disrespectful, please.
    SPQR SPQR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LS is the best! LS is the best! Come on people sing along!!

LS discussion is done, and I am sure someone will make a sub mod. I think there should be new subject about if legionaries should have tassel on their helmets. Becouse they sometimes had one, but mostly not.

Quote Originally Posted by ludwag View Post
    LS discussion is done, and I am sure someone will make a sub mod. I think there should be new subject about if legionaries should have tassel on their helmets. Becouse they sometimes had one, but mostly not.

Yes, good subject! I don't think tassels should be put on legionaries. I personally think that they were used only on special occassions, ceremonial, triumphs, etc. Also, I don't know how practical they would have actually been. Also, I don't know how long they would last in battle and on campaign, they could come loose, get snagged on something, and they're not very robust. Legionaries also look, a little, well feminine with tassels. But then again many sources say they did wear tassels while some don't. Well, that's just what i think.
    SPQR SPQR

Seeing some legionaries with tassels and beards would really give a nice impression of a real field army. It would be almost refreshing to see some sloppiness among the Roman soldiers compared to their portrayal in RTW as impeccable, clean, and super disciplined when in reality no army could possibly be like that on the frontier, when fighting against foes year after year.

Yes, good subject! I don't think tassels should be put on legionaries. I personally think that they were used only on special occassions, ceremonial, triumphs, etc. Also, I don't know how practical they would have actually been. Also, I don't know how long they would last in battle and on campaign, they could come loose, get snagged on something, and they're not very robust. Legionaries also look, a little, well feminine with tassels. But then again many sources say they did wear tassels while some don't. Well, that's just what i think.

exactly what I mean. They must look more tough and dirty like real soldiers on campaign. They probably used them when they fought against other romans and in ceremonies. But now that they have stubble, I am very satisfied allready.

64,8 stadies from the east bank of the scaldis

Quote Originally Posted by ludwag View Post
    exactly what I mean. They must look more tough and dirty like real soldiers on campaign. They probably used them when they fought against other romans and in ceremonies. But now that they have stubble, I am very satisfied already.
    well I heard that one of the features in mtw2 was that in the beginning of the Battle the armor would shine and after a while fighting it would become dull
    also the tassels where used to identify the cohorts I have seen on this forum
    just saying what i heard

Quote Originally Posted by theoldbelgian View Post
    well I heard that one of the features in mtw2 was that in the beginning of the Battle the armor would shine and after a while fighting it would become dull
    just saying what i heard
    oh yeah I forgot about that feature. yeah as the battle progress the units become covered in blood to make it look more realistic. yeah I heard the same thing about the tassels used for identification, on this forum. although some sources say they didn't use the tassels in battle.
    SPQR SPQR

Not really calling the EB team stubborn, but okay, if that's how you want to think. If I wanted to insult then I would say just come out and start trashing the EB team publicly, but I don't think I did. I'm also sure I don't see the word "stubborn" anywhere in my post but whatever. Still nobody has yet to answer the question, would the EB team change their mind? Yes or no? Well since nobody wants to answer I'm guessing it would be yes.

Would you quote me specifically where I have been disrespectful, please.
    I didn't mean you disrespect EB team but I meant we all should accept what the EB team will or will not to do for EBII. If you or me aren't satified types of armour represent in EBII, I think there will be many mods or mini-mods coming soon after EBII realease with the LS intact to the game.
    One of horsemen replied: We are all here, sir! However, you can't see us because you were fallen from your horse, sir.

You need to consider the whole thread as context. ljperreira called us stubborn. Your post indicated an agreement that you doubted that we would consider any new evidence, which is also what I would consider stubborn. Yes, you said we couldn't be that biased, which indicates that you think we are pretty biased, just not that much. I guess that since you say you didn't want to insult, this was not the intended meaning, however. Apologies for misinterpreting.

I did answer your question though. If someone posted new evidence, it would receive an entirely different response than the petitions here, which have not come up with any evidence, but rather insults. Not directed at the original poster, who asked politely but only failed to search the forum before asking.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Cbvani View Post
    With EB II having variable skins for units, will LS be a possible skin for Marian and Imperial Roman legions, even if it isn't common?
    in the defense of spam haters.
    this is jsut a stupid question by a guy who doesnt even care about the faq, neither what the teams interests are, just his ...
    soo.
    if FOOT can close this SPAM WASTE. would be good.

thanks
    Edvard0
    Only the evil will triumph if good men do nothing .
    Edmund . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by theoldbelgian View Post
    just saying what i heard
    ah I forgot that. I am looking fovard to see it in eb2. I really like it

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_purpus View Post
    this is jsut a stupid question by a guy who doesnt even care about the faq, neither what the teams interests are, just his ...
    soo.

thanks

That's right!

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

LS armour really shouldn't be used, mainly because having a armour upgrade / unit that will only be avalible in limited numbers for 5 years on a mod of this size will be a total waste of KB and Time, plus LH (Lorica Hamata)

(There always seems to be a slight tone of arrogance and down-looking when I speak with intelligence)
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy_purpus View Post
    soo.

thanks

But seriously, what's the point? It's not like it's getting uncivilized around here like in other closed threads. And also, if you close this one there will always be another LS thread in the future to replace this one. Maybe you should just sticky this thread so people won't have to look through the faq to find out about LS, here is a whole thread dedicated to it!
    SPQR SPQR

I made an LS thread, but not about including it in the campaign game, but only in custom battles.. But i have been thinking. And i think lorica hamata is much more awesome

Hey, I know, why don't we just sticky a thread about every question in the FAQ so that lazy, dull people who can't be bothered to open up an FAQ (the same people who seem incredibly unequipped to search for things on google) can have all their questions right there in front of them.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Hey, I know, why don't we just sticky a thread about every question in the FAQ so that lazy, dull people who can't be bothered to open up an FAQ (the same people who seem incredibly unequipped to search for things on google) can have all their questions right there in front of them.

Foot

Well you don't have to sticky every question in the faq, but the LS question isn't a normal question. It keeps popping up in thread after thread after thread after thread. Also, it seems like it is really starting to annoy EB members and other posters alike, so what would be bad about stopping that by making this thread clearly visible when first logging onto the EB II forum. Of course there will always still be one LS post here and there, but not as many. Well it's just a suggestion on how to solve this LS problem, I don't see anyone else trying to help....
    Last edited by Pontius Pilate; 11-10-2008 at 02:26.
    SPQR SPQR

An easier way is to just have the question and answer from the FAQ on quick-copy and then close the thread after. I think thats what I'm going to do now.

Q: Will there be Lorica Segmentata in EB2?
    A: Lorica Segmentata was not widely used within the games time frame. Even though it could be argued that it was used to a minimal extent at the very end of the time frame the team has decided not to include any Lorica Segmentata in the official EB2 releases.
    Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234