Ok, I have set up this thread for the sake of clarity and at the same in an effort of trying to keep all such related stuff as the title suggests in one single place. Here!
When reporting bugs:
- Always remember to check that your game is fully updated and running on optimal status…
- Always remember to state what redux version you are running is it v.1.1 or VI/v.2.01?
- Always remember to state upon what version is running upon. Is it original MTW/VI/ Gold/Era-Edition?
- Always remember to state if you got several installs of different versions of MTW.
- Always remember to state exactly where the bug is located or the circumstances that make it appear…
- Always remember to give an extensive description of the anomaly, bug or error. That way; chances are a lot greater that we actually identify it and thus can find some possible solutions for it.
- Always remember to cross-check if it might be a corrupted-save, the info on that is available here.
- Always consult the “known bugs” section in the redux “ReadMe”-file or the list here below before you try to report in a bug…
COMMON BUGS: (Primarily it concerns v.1.1)
- Selecting random units in MTW-Redux will usually cause the game to freeze, so don’t use that.
- Selecting historical battles will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.
- Selecting historical campaigns will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.
- Selecting the campaign tutorial will cause MTW-Redux to crash, so don’t use that.
- In campaign-mode a province or regions religions value (catholic, Islamic etc.) might drop well under the 100% standard total, this bug happens seemingly at random in a province that just had a siege or battle the turn before. It seems that it happens more often if the province is or was under rebel rule. The effect of the game minor but all bordering provinces will eventually drop their religions values to zero. Which means that most general’s recruited from these provinces will have poor piety values from start. Other than that it seems to have little effect on the game, aside from it being annoying. The only way that seems to halter this bug is to destroy the castle in province before going to next turn. Other than that I have no clue what to do here.
- In campaign-mode the game sometimes freezes from one turn to the next. Usual symptom are that some soundfile loops and are stuck. Load a save at least two “turns/years “ prior to that turn and the game will usually progress as supposed to. Don’t know for sure why this is and have no other solution to offer, sorry. Note that this is not in any way unique for redux it happens in the original as well.
The variable faction shields may be somewhat unreliable and colours sometimes don’t show up right. This is an annoying bug and I have not found a simple and good way to counter it for certain. It also seems that this problem vary from computer to computer, and from game mode to game mode. However, in the Medieval - Total War\Battle\FacShield -folder (in both "Hires" and "Lores" folders) I have put some alternate shields that might solve this bug for you. These alternate faction shields are marked with an "x" in the beginning, as in "x_germany.tga" (or "x_germany" dependant on your settings) for example. Change the names these alternates to the ordinary file-names and hopefully the problem is gone (back up both variants to be on the safe side). Other than that I have no clues to what to do here since it seems to be a hard coded issue.FIXED!
- The "name-anomaly" is a strange bug that due to hardcoded framworks some names might seem to be out of place now and then concerning the Moorish, Saracen and Portuguese factions. I have tried to camoflage it as well as possible but other than that I can’t do
anything about it. If I could I would but this is hardcoded stuff.
- Princess bug, valid for Portugal and Lithuania. Roughly about AD 720 these factions cease to generate new princesses. This is all hardcoded, if I could change all that I would. (in VI/v.2.01 it is the Norse and Lithuanians instead, the problem is the same but restricted to pagan-factions).
Russian ruler bug, the very first turn he dies and his heir takes over the following turn. This is all hardcoded, if I could change it I would.FIXED!
- The Norse and Lithuanian factions have too share Islamic event pics, again
hardcoded it seems thus I can’t change it. I put in as neutral pics as I can to mittigate it...
- Vices and virtue bug, for some reason the usual progression of these seem to freeze once it has evolved up to step 2 (out of 3-4 possible). All this seems to be hardcoded, if I could change all that I would. Possibly it might be connected to the originals era-progression but this is not absolutely certain.
- The original game, MTW, has a nasty habit of corrupting saved games now and then. Sadly this flaw is also effects the redux version as well (even if the origins of all this are clearly from the original and not redux). When these things happen there is little you can do short of go back to a healthy previous saves and go on playing from that point. Because of these circumstances it is strongly recommended that you do regular “Master Saves” so the effects of these occurrences is minimized as far as possible. Do this at least every 5th turn to be on the safe side. Also, when you do these “Master Saves” do them at the very beginning of a turn, before you do anything. That way your chances of getting a healthy save are increased. A common symptom of a corrupted save is that the game suddenly crashes and you cant get to tactical mode for some strange reason. Be aware of this and do those regular “Master Saves”, for your own sake!
For full information on known bugs, anomalies and tech-stuff, please refer to the latest "Redux_ReadMe100x.txt" (relevant sections). For VI/v.2.01-specific info please refer to the latest "Redux VI_ReadMe100x.txt" released....