Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Redux: Debug-Area...

Default Re: Redux: Debug-Area...

Small error/bug found in RXB1005/RXB1005c.... In “crusaders_unit_prod11.txt”-file, entry/row 114 – "NorseAxemen" (Norse Infantry, in game)....

Error... Listed as “CAVALRY” unit-type... It should be “INFANTRY” like its neighbouring entries...
    Effect... The Norse Infantry unit wont show in Solo-battles as infantry but as cavalry...
    Fix... Change "CAVALRY" to "INFANTRY" in the unit-type entry (using the GnomeEditor or some other such tool)...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 02-04-2015 at 03:52.

Two small bugs I've found recently:

1. http://s5.postimg.org/oxprvh7d3/00000000.jpg

2. http://s5.postimg.org/kd3lgjnnr/00000003.jpg

About that CAVALRY bug - I've though it was intentional to give pikemen/spearmen slightly higher chance against those cheap and powerful Norse Axemen.
    "Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Alright, I have confirmed both... Thanks for reporting them in...

1. “Grand Pagan Idol” missing a file...
    =============================

Error...The “Grand Pagan Idol” is missing a building-completed-sign (the colored one) for all non-pagan factions – this in the event they are ordered by player to build it (in former, conquered pagan territory) – despite it being overtly pagan tech. Only a human/player-factions can and will do this, as the AI won’t (by design).

Effect... A small black box appears instead of the proper image/GFX for it... As illustrated in previous post... No other (actual) effects on game otherwise...

Fix.... Open “X:\?\?\?\RXB1005\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings\Pagan\Coloured”... Locate the file “Pagan Idol.BIF”... Make a copy of it... Now go back to “X:\?\?\?\RXB1005\campmap\Info_Pics\Buildings\Coloured” and paste the file “Pagan Idol.BIF”... The error should be fixed... Done!

2. “Dismounted Nobles”-error message
    =============================

Error... The “Plurals” name-distinguisher is missing in “names.txt”-file (located at “X:\?\?\?\RXB1005\Loc\Eng”). Its an exclusive error/bug for Gold/VI/2.01-versions only....

Effect... Constant error message whenever these particular units are used or examined...

Fix... Make an entry manually in the “Generic INF”-section, below “Heavy Halberdiers” (by copying that entry) and replace/fill in the relevant data... As in first “NoblesOnFoot” – the internal name-distinguisher, and then “Dismounted Nobles” the in-game-appearing name... Like this...

Code:
    ["HeavyHalberdiers_Plural"]				{"Heavy Halberdiers"}
    ["NoblesOnFoot_Plural"]					{"Dismounted Nobles"}
    ["Pikemen_Plural"]					{"Pikemen"}

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    About that CAVALRY bug - I've though it was intentional to give pikemen/spearmen slightly higher chance against those cheap and powerful Norse Axemen.
    Nope, it was not intentional... Providing some "sneaky" deliberate bonuses to spear/pike-units against them - using spear-units against these guys are basically bad/poor tactics anyways... It was probably the result of some abandoned previous research and/or experiment that I later on forgot all about, and then failed to change it back before release. With a thousand things to worry about and on my mind all over the game (including the dual engines and the porting to each version etc etc) with each major RXB-release - things like that are bound to happen from time to time (especially as I work alone)...

Anything else in RXB1005? Other/further bugs, errors and anomalies (or possible potentials of such)? Anyone? ...?...

- A

I have discovered another two and nominal bugs/errors in the RXB1005/1005c...

• Norse Warriors have the wrong swords in battle, they have regular swords when they should use the Norse/nordic/barbaric-styled ones... Compare with Slavic Warriors on battle-mode to see the difference I am talking about here... Regardless, it will be fixed and that in some later release...
    • While doing solo-battles... Selecting the Orleans battle-map will result in that the castle is not placed... Supposedly due to excess in memory-usage due to other bigger textures exceeds the supposedly acceptable levels memory-usage (as I understand it). I have zero clue what texture that causes the problem here, and honestly, the entire problem is so small in nature that I will not bother working on this any time soon, if ever... I mean it was just blind luck that I spotted this stuff in the first place...

Anything else on the RXB1005/1005c?

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 04-23-2015 at 00:12. Reason: details...

Hello. Not really a bug but I want to report it anyway.

http://www.2shared.com/file/gXQb3dd9...6_pirates.html
    In this save file I am playing as the Moors and, like with my previous campaigns, piracy has gone bananas!
    I am not hostile to the rebels so as to avoid these big fleets. Is this intentional? Generally rebel forces are extremely strong. If you check out England, the English have only Mercia left, surrounded by rebels! Probably civil-war I guess. I know it's only 746 AD, but I feel like the map is suffocated with pirate navies. In my French campaign getting the pirates down to a workable number was a major and long campaign in itself! If this is intentional design then I apologise for wasting your time, cheers mate.
    I am using MTW Gold with RXB1005c v2.1

On general terms, its always better to report in something, then not to, if you are somehow uncertain about something or you find something that strikes you as odd or strange - report it in (your apology on this note is still much appreciated). That is, after you have first checked that someone else has not beaten you to it already. If nothing else, you will that way always get more clarity about it, due to reporting it in - if it is not a valid bug/error or something like that - I will probably post up some explanatory remark about it. Having said that...

It is not uncommon that England and the Norse get completely destroyed by the rebels initially in RXB1005 - they can survive too, so it can go either way for both factions. Each campaign varies, as you well know. The pirate presence on the high-seas are rather common (but not certain) initially, usually they slowly disappear after some 100-120 turns as their ports are lost and their capacity to replenish their numbers disappears - and ordinary factions want to claim the seas. The are there to ensure that trade routs and sea-lanes will have too be conquered/secured, and then defended - much in the same way as it is for lands. The player are free to trade, but in Redux he must fight for it - unlike the raw game (or basically anything else ever made for MTW). Pirates is a distinct redux-trait that I don't think you will find elsewhere, and in some RX-campaigns it can end up to being very hard simply because of unchecked pirates has been allowed to roam too freely, for too long.

I have commented on this stuff before and most of it still holds true... Here for instance... In post: 461, (the general thread) I wrote...

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    Rebels & pirates
    --------------------------
    Personally, I think that one should contain the rebels as soon as possible or when one can afford it. At least in the relevant region of interest - before they get too dangerous and strong there – as they can at times. If rebels are left alone for too long in provinces with ports and castles they will obviously grow stronger, with more troops and ships, eventually becoming truly dangerous as long as they stay there… We are more or less forced to actively fight them in Redux - sooner or later – or there might be chaos all over the map. Still, I have seen plenty of campaigns were it never comes to that as they are pretty fast reduced to obscurity in some corner. This is Redux, so it can go either way, depending on what happens in game. Anyway, allowing the rebels/pirates too many functional ports and wharfs is never a good idea in the long run….
    I checked your save, and yup the pirates are pretty strong there at the moment - but I see no direct or obvious errors. I also see plenty of functional ports held by rebels, and that explains and the cause for it. If they lose their ports, they will eventually get weaker (but all the existing ships will have too be destroyed, ordinary factions will help with that). If you allow them to keep their ports, they will probably get even stronger before they get any weaker... Basically, you must typically actively fight rebels in Redux, or they can potentially become a serious problem...

- A

This makes sense. It's just good to know that this is intentional design. This is an excellent way to make the player fight hard to open his/her trade routes, but I worry about the AI (I assume they do fight the rebels at sea too). Seems that some factions just aren't interested in shipbuilding no matter how clear the waters, and some love it.

Hello Jingo,

I think we are slowly drifting away from actual bug-talk, errors and such things on this note - I have therefore posted my reply to your comment over at the general thread, in the interest of keeping things topical right here (and you are welcome to continue discussing this subject as much as you want over there, its a better place for it anyhow).

Anything on bugs/error-related things, fire away right here folks...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 05-30-2015 at 12:02. Reason: update

Castle flags for Moors, Saracens, French, English and Byzantines have some transparent pixels which doesn't look good. Example:

"Do not fight for glory. Do not fight for love of your lord. Do not fight for hatred, honor or faith. Fight only for victory and you will succeed." - Uji sensei.

Alright, got it... Thanks... Here is fix (attachment)...

• To install... Place/drop uncompressed "textures"-folder into Redux-gamefolder (where the EXE is located)... It should be fixed instantly after that.

- A
    Attached Files Attached Files

Found another bug on RXB1005/c/e-editions...

I have noticed that all/most naptha-units has some weirdness in their throw-animation (some displaced sword or something).
    I'll fix it for the RXB1006-release. (Actually, I have already fixed it, but the release of that fix will be then).

- A

Re-download & re-install RXB1006...

As usual, some (damned) errors find their way into my release, and the RXB1006 is no exception. While its good that I can spot some of that stuff on my own, it still creates some problems in general (as one could expect). Anyhow, as it has not even been a full week since the initial release - I am basically left was left with two choices... A). Create a new patch that 50% of people probably won't even bother downloading anyhow... B). Patch Redux myself and re-upload it and recommend people to re-download and re-install it to fix them errors permanently. I decided to go with the latter...

Thus, I fully recommend and request that ALL people that currently play, or plan to play, or have downloaded RXB1006 before Dec 22, please do re-download and then re-install it to fix the various small errors I already spotted/found within the initial release (made the 16th). The new release is fully save-game compatible with the previous RXB1006, and it won't break your current game, just improve and fix it. As it so close to the original and first release, I have not even bothered updating the version-number. The new uploads are already in place, and the links are live.

Here is a small list of the changes the new upload of RXB1006 will bring...

• Fixing the Nubian warriors...
    • Various glory shields corrected...
    • Lower upkeep on Muslim nobles…
    • Removing defect quickbattle files...
    • Thresholds for honour on all hero & champion (or similar) units adjusted...
    • Castle descriptions provided wrong stability numbers…
    • Muslim Princess-feature corrected (VI-versions only).
    • Deadpage coords updated (VI-versions only).

As a compensation for the inconvenience, I have also included...

• New design-document on castle-variables in RXB1006. (bonus materials)
    • Updated design document on stability in Redux. (bonus materials)
    • +6 new orthodox portraits for generals... (bonus materials)

- A

RXB1006-VI Patched! 24.02.2017

I have (again) discovered a bunch of bugs and errors in the VI-version of Redux and I have now created a fix/patch for all errors I found. I made a new (patched) upload of RXB1006-VI that replaced the old one. All who uses VI-/GOLD-/ERAS-/STEAM-versions to run Redux are hereby highly recommended to once again re-download the new RX VI-module, and apply it on top of the previous install. It is fully save-game compatible. Anyhow, as I don’t use the VI-version personally, it usually is that very version that holds the most errors/bugs and get to be the last to be fixed - and its obviously true this time around as well. The V.1.1-version has had none of these problems/errors, all fixed and listed errors below are VI/2.01-exclusive… The fixed errors are as follows…

Wrong battlebanner - Byzantines
    Wrong battlebanner - Saracens
    Wrong battlebanner - Papacy
    Wrong battlebanner - England
    Wrong battlebanner - France
    Wrong battlebanner – Italy

Wrong BIF-plate used – Order Cavalry
    Wrong camp-map armymarker shields – Saracens (all shields)
    Wrong listing in solo battles - Norse Infantry listed as Cavalry…
    Faction unit-rosters cleaned up for solo battles – Aragon, Burgundy, England, France, Portugal, HRE, Lombards, Italy, Spain, Papacy, Poland, Hungary.
    HRE no access to unit – Order Cavalry
    Spain no access to unit – Order Cavalry

The relevant links:

http://www.moddb.com/games/medieval-...ux-vi-beta1006

http://www.gamefront.com/downloads/m...ux-vi-beta1006

Enjoy Redux, as it was meant to be folks....

- A

Alright, I have discovered yet another error in RXB1006 (regardless of version).... The stated stability values on Townwatch-buildings are off by 1%. The correct values for RXB1006 are 2%, 4%, 6% and 8% (final stage), and this can be corrected manually by accessing the relevant entries in the "descriptions.txt" in loc.

I also noticed that the shipyards-string have the wrong names attached to them in their "completed-" and "destroyed-"messages. These errors can be easily fixed in the very same way - manually by accessing and correcting the all relevant entries in the "descriptions.txt" in loc (don't forget to back up the file - before - just to be safe). Obviously, ALL these errors will be corrected with the next release or patch of Redux....

As ever, if you encounter or discover other unreported and valid (or suspected) errors, bugs and the
    like in RXB1006 - please report it in. That way I can at least attempt to fix it, and faster too...

- A

Dumb question: What is the 'Multi Edition Loc'? When I applied it, it messed up the some unit/building descriptions. Is it necessary?

In short, if you are already using an English version its not necessary for you (at all).

It is merely a back-up/reference English loc file-set for all folks actively using any non-English version of MTW somehow. If applied (and correctly installed) it enables some consistency (languish-wise) to all non-English versions - if that is desired by the user. Ultimately it also ensures that Redux can be compatible with any such versions - if we set up the folders right (that is). Otherwise Redux would possibly be split between different languishes (in game), or possibly not function at all...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 05-30-2017 at 21:42.

I have discovered some additional minor bugs/errors in RXB1006.... All will be fully fixed in the RXB1007 release... Before that release, people can still fix all this stuff manually by editing (bug 1 and 2) or changing/replacing (bug 3) the relevant files, in the relevant versions. Anyhow, the bugs are as follows...

1. Spain can't build crusades - as they should be able too... Valid for ALL versions. To fix it, use a Gnome-editor...

2. Castle-garrison limits don't display the correct values... Valid for ALL versions. To fix it, one has to manually enter the correct values, at the right place in the "Events.TXT"-file.

3. Sieges don't work properly - since you can't break the palisades or any gates without warmachines (like catapults etc etc). It seems this bug is V.1.1 exclusive... The "MODELDAMAGE.TXT"-file flawed somehow or somewhere - temporarily use/apply the original MTW counterpart as a hot-fix. Its not ideal but it will work...

Any other bugs/errors? If so, please report them in...

- A
    Last edited by Axalon; 07-15-2017 at 15:25.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345