Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default EB2 for Kingdoms only?

Probably this have been asked and discussed before but..

Quote Originally Posted by FAQ
    Q: Is EB2 going to be for the Kingdoms expansion?
    A: Yes, EB2 will be designed for Kingdoms and will only work with the Kingdoms expansion.
    I haven't followed the work done with EB2 much so this comes as a surprise to me.

Can I ask why is it for Kingdoms only?

I don't have Kingdoms and I had no plans of getting one(SecuRom could give you a hint why). But perhaps I should reconsider it now.

Default Re: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

Because Kingdoms has several improvements over the base M2TW engine, specially in scripting, which allows us to solve some very important issues that we need.

"Death Smiles at Us All,all a Man Can Do Is Smile Back."
    Maximvs Decimvs Meridivs, Commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, Iberian Gladiator.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JMRC View Post
    Because Kingdoms has several improvements over the base M2TW engine, specially in scripting, which allows us to solve some very important issues that we need.
    That explains a lot.

Oh well, this means that I need to get Kingdoms then if I want to play EB2.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Yeah, but by the time you EB is out, Kingdom should be available for a very low price, so it´s not really that big a deal.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Here in the Netherhax, you can get Kingdoms for five euro's (about 6 dollars/4 pounds) and Medieval II + Kingdoms for 15 euro's (or about 18 dollars/12 pounds)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Of course I meant Netherlands
    Last edited by Hax; 10-28-2008 at 17:22.
    This space intentionally left blank.

His problem is not that Kingdoms costs a lot of money (it doesn't really), but because SecuROM is essentially spyware marketed by professional companies.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

There are ways to get Kingdoms without SecuRom.....don´t hit me!
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

There are ways to get Kingdoms, to accept the SecuROM yet shut it off the outside world so it can't do anything the usualy Spyware does. Use a VM.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tellos Athenaios View Post
    There are ways to get Kingdoms, to accept the SecuROM yet shut it off the outside world so it can't do anything the usualy Spyware does. Use a VM.
    you too?
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 10-28-2008 at 17:47.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

No, personally I do not use a Virtual Machine -- but a Virtual Machine with a strict control over outgoing sockets by the master OS would allow you to isolate SecuROM without neccesarily sacrificing on usability.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

I see.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

This SecuROM isn't really a problem is it? I doubt it would be any harmful if the EB team seems fine on creating their mod on a game with SecuROM.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    This SecuROM isn't really a problem is it? I doubt it would be any harmful if the EB team seems fine on creating their mod on a game with SecuROM.
    It creates problems when certain other software applications are installed on your computer, I understand. Perfectly legal applications, I might add. However, it has been dubbed malware mainly because you cannot remove it: for the average user there won't be any consequences.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    ... However, it has been dubbed malware mainly because you cannot remove it...
    And this is the reason I don't want it into my computer. I don't want something in my computer that I can't get rid off!

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Ive removed Securom...and I enjoy Kingdoms...dont ask me how I did it...thats whats google for...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

what exactly does securom do? sideeffects and intended ones
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    what exactly does securom do? sideeffects and intended ones
    This summarizes it nicely:

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir
    Completed campaigns:
    Vanilla Carthage
    BI Sassanids
    EB 1.1 Casse

"I don't intend for this to take on a political tone. I'm just here for the drugs."
    -Nancy Reagan at an anti-drug rally.

Except that you lost the links when you quoted.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

few questions regarding kingdoms/ securom

1st off- what exactly is spyware? this might seem obvious to you lot but i honestly have no idea what it is. what makes it so bad? and..

2- is there any way to buy and install kingdoms without getting the spyware on? cheers
    Pull the trigger and hope it clicks

1 - Google.
    2 - Yes, you can buy the game, then install the pirated version. Then you will have an installation without Securom and still have bought the game, and you may have to jump through some hoops to get it to work properly. You cannot install the game from CD without Securom riding stealthily on its back.

I do this maneuver when they make games horrendously hard to use legally. Relic actually BANNED by email account without telling me why, when I first registered the Company of Heroes expansion, and I got no response at all on my request for customer support, so I thank the crackers who made me able to play the game I paid for. I'm never buying a Relic game again though.

I certainly have Securom installed from all the other games that it sneaks in on though, and had to update Securom to make Fallout3 work at all.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

ok but what IS SecuRom and what does it do, how will it affect my comp/games
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Wikipedia exists for a reason. Use it.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

wow, i just read up on it and CA must be malicious sadists to put this on kingdoms.

to majd, and any other people who are curious, i think im right when i say that securom is a spyware program (one that monitors what you do) and ensures that you don't download things, and that instead everything on your pc is legit. not only is this quite unfair as many people download a lot of stuff for their pc's, it's known to screw up and start complaining that an update for a game is "invisible data" (as i saw in an article regarding sims 2) and sometimes even begins to wreck the actual computer itself (i saw an example of it sayin that a harddrive was out of space when it didn't even have any files on it!)
    if you want to read up it on more i have a couple of links here for you:

http://chrisleiker.net/2007/09/13/what-is-securom/
    http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=964472

But back to the actual problem of it, to Foot and all other mods Id like to suggest that there should be a sticky clearly detailing what securom is, that it will be included with kingdoms and what people should do in the event they want to get by it, since im pretty sure you must be getting annoyed with new members constantly asking what it is (guilty) and i personally think it's unfair to assume people know all this themselves. not that youre to blame for it, of course, but some might walk into this with their eyes closed and get a very rude awakening. cheers

It's not our job to tell people what side effects they get from software that we don't sell.

================
    ================

Have to agree on bovi on this one. Its not our place to inform people about SecuROM, or suggest methods of removing it. As individuals we can not agree with its implementation, but as a team releasing a mod we don't have a position on the matter.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

If anybody whants to use kingdoms without securom pm me...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Fair enough guys, you're absolutely right, but I gotta say thanks to everyone, both mod and member, whose mentioned Securom here, cos now I know all about it, and count myself indefinitely lucky

What exactly are the benefits of Kingdoms over regular M2TW?

The new stone forts, I believe. From what I've been hearing, the EB Team have great ways of implementing that feature.

I know, boiling oil is in it and larger unit sizes, but other then that, I don't know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast