Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

Default Re: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

I think they plan on implementing them as secondary settlements in a province or something. I don't know, one member was hinting at it a while back. Pretty cool, huh?

After a quick wikipedia I see there is also "heros" in Kingdoms with special abilities, on first thought it sounds like a useless idea, but if you can give certain brilliant generals this hero ability it could simulate a fight against a tactical genius like Hannibal better.

Exclamation Re: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

After a quick wikipedia I see there is also "heros" in Kingdoms with special abilities, on first thought it sounds like a useless idea, but if you can give certain brilliant generals this hero ability it could simulate a fight against a tactical genius like Hannibal better.
    Oh God, no! Hannibal wasn't a great general simply because he could miraculously give his troops +4 attack by using a special technique. That's gross. Besides, EB has stated many times that the historical Hannibal won't be included in the mod. It's about making your own Hannibal.

I thought the special abilities were more like, an extra powerful rally cry that boosts morale and stops desertion for a time. Bonuses to stats is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by ACIN
    I thought the special abilities were more like, an extra powerful rally cry that boosts morale and stops desertion for a time.
    Although it's pretty cool, it's still undeniably ridicuous. What made Hannibal's abiity to rally troops more effective than other, common generals? Probably his closeness to his men with whom he campaigned with for a long time, and also the knowledge that his men had nowhere to run (in the Italian campaign, at least). It would be foolishness, I think, to see this represented by a special ability of a particualr superhero general.

If the EB Team begs to differ, then they probably have a good reason to do so. In which case, I'll jump with joy. Until that, I will steadfastly oppose the inclusion of "action figure super heroes" in EB.

Yeah, I guess its kind of pointless. So other then the increased unit size, boiling oil and stone forts, there is nothing else that makes Kingdoms better?

Thumbs up Re: EB2 for Kingdoms only?

Quote Originally Posted by ACIN
    Yeah, I guess its kind of pointless. So other then the increased unit size, boiling oil and stone forts, there is nothing else that makes Kingdoms better?
    We'll just have to wait for EB to confirm any such coolness, i.e. Bovi. For my part, I am not in possesion of kingdoms and, for all the world, should be studying for Macroeconomics right now.

There are a lot of new scripting features. We'll have a much better toolset to recreate what we had in EB1, in much simpler and more efficient code. Also there are new features that we couldn't find out how to make with what we had in RTW.

The recruitment slots in settlements will make recruitment better, we can now control the composition of armies better through greater availability and/or replenishment of certain troops than others. It will be hard to create armies of only elites (and even harder to make another if you lose the one you built up over a couple of years), and we can make units available only if the region is populated with a given "religion".
    Last edited by bovi; 12-09-2008 at 08:57.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Bovi the Great
    There are a lot of new scripting features. We'll have a much better toolset to recreate what we had in EB1, in much simpler and more efficient code. Also there are new features that we couldn't find out how to make with what we had in RTW.
    Omg, as if the hint of much faster AI turns (smaller script) wasn't enough, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Bovi the Great
    The recruitment slots in settlements will make recruitment better, we can now control the composition of armies better through greater availability and/or replenishment of certain troops than others. It will be hard to create armies of only elites (and even harder to make another if you lose the one you built up over a couple of years), and we can make units available only if the region is populated with a given "religion".
    We will also actually be fighting against (and with) realistically-composed armies! YES!!! Good-bye, silvershield stacks! YES!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Well that retraining thing be sorted? It was incredibly annoying to have to spend several turns simply to recruit ten men from 3 different kinds of units.

No. Just train full units instead.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Well that retraining thing be sorted? It was incredibly annoying to have to spend several turns simply to recruit ten men from 3 different kinds of units.
    Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    No. Just train full units instead.
    What he said.

Or, consider for RP purposes that the time allotment for retraining units is to train new recruits up to the old unit's experience level. Many EB1.x players don't retrain experienced units for this very reason. Well, the contrapositive of this reason, but anyways.

-Glee
    Sheer musical genius: Gould on Mozart

Balloons: ("Welcome to EB" from T.A.)

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan
    I do not understand the situation of which you speak. Enlighten me at once!

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

10 men? do you mean... 100 men? or is your computer so crappy you actually use tiny unit size (ugh tiny battles look like such a waste of time)
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    I do not understand the situation of which you speak. Enlighten me at once!
    Depending on the size and type of your town, you had a number of recruitment slots, which allowed you to recruit up to three new units a turn, rather than just the one for RTW and EB. Unfortunately, this means that it can take ages to retain an army rather than the 1-3 turns it took on EB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    10 men? do you mean... 100 men? or is your computer so crappy you actually use tiny unit size (ugh tiny battles look like such a waste of time)
    Probably. I put it onto huge ^_^

You can train 5 units per turn in Stainless Steel Citadels (and maybe others as well, but I only play that mod).

Additional great features from Kingdoms are that you can instruct AI reinforcements on how to act while in battle by giving them a "stance" and no longer have to watch them simply charge at full pelt against the nearest enemy. I believe the speed of the game can also be further increased for those annoying moments when you are waiting for your troops to become fresh again or that one swordsman you cant be bothered to chase, rout off the field.

I would be very interested to know if there is any way to use the Ai troops "stances" (which you can change mid battle btw) on other units in your main stack and not just reinforcements?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12