Thread: Eras Total Conquest beta

Default Eras Total Conquest beta

Current beta

Since this was requested I'm releasing the beta version of this mod for beta testing. It can be downloaded here:
    http://files.filefront.com/conquest+.../fileinfo.html

You'll also need this patch to make the mod work correctly.
    http://files.filefront.com/conquest+.../fileinfo.html

Use the files in this patch to overwrite existing files. The 'conquest.cfg' goes in the 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War' folder, the 'export_descr_unit.txt' goes in the 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data' folder, and the 'battle_models.modeldb' goes in the 'C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\conquest\data\unit_models' folder.

Testing

This mod still has some bugs in it and I need the following information to fix them.

Battle crash

If the mod crashes while loading for battle mod this is usually because of a missing texture. To fix this I need to know the faction you were playing as, the units you were using, the faction you were fighting, and the units they were using.

End of turn crash

If the mod crashes during the end of a turn I need the error log (C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\logs\system.log.txt) to determine why it crashed. If you post the whole thing use code tags, to reduce the amount of space it takes up.

About the mod

This version only features the Crusades campaign (1230). This is the only one I've made so far. I am planning to make an Empires campaign (1547) that covers the whole world but I'm having some unknown map problems (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=198872). I may also make a Renaissance version that occurs between these two if I can find a suitable start time.
    4 Seasons (6 Empires battle for supremecy); 3.0 version
    Total War Eras (start at 970, 1080, 1200, 1300, 1400, or 1500); 2.4 version
    Eras Total Conquest (start at 1230, 1346, 1547); 1.2 version

Default Re: Eras Total Conquest beta

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    if I can find a suitable start time.

1320? Wasn't that right around the time of the beginning of the Black Death?

Maybe it only loads for Spain because they're the only ones with colonies during that time period? If it is a map with NA/SA in it.
    Last edited by Wladyslaw IV; 10-29-2008 at 04:50.
    Eras Total Conquest, your Eras TW for Kingdoms.

I was thinking about starting the Renaissance campaign when the Black Death occurred (a nasty shock for the player).

The problems with the Empires map is complex because Gigantus can get it to work fine but I can't. However I have not been able to determine why.

I've got the Empires' map working, so I should be able to make this mod.

I've found the following bugs in the beta:

If you try to look at Crete (Hêrákleion) after building a road there the mod will keep reloading.

The following faction's Captains do not work on the battlemap:
    Aragon
    Crusader States
    Latin Empire
    HRE
    Papal States
    Spain
    Venice

I've managed to fix both of these errors and I'll upload a patch as soon as I can.

UPDATE: when I was beta testing the Crusades campaign I found several buggy traits that kept causing the mod to crash. I've fixed these so the Crusades campaign now seems to work correctly (I've also gotten the custom battles working).

Regarding the Renaissance campaign I've managed to finish it but it keeps crashing for an unknown reason (either relating to adoption or settlement devestation). Since this campaign is set later than the Crusades campaign I don't want to release it yet in case the bugs at the start of this campaign show up part way through the Crusades campaign. Once the bugs are fixed I plan to release this version of the mod, then start work on the Empires campaign.