Thread: 52 playable factions!

64,8 stadies from the east bank of the scaldis

Default 52 playable factions!

tis is not my idea
    it stands on the second page of new factions and is ottered by I am herenow
    just saying because it is a splendid idea and it looks like no one has reacted to it
    it goes like this:
    I have a suggestion as to how to get 52 playable factions. Why not have two campaigns which are identical, except with Campaign A only the first 26 factions are playable, and with Campaign B the last 26 are playable. Sort of like what RTR 7.0 wants to do, except with two campaigns instead of 20.

With Kingdoms promising multiple campaigns, you could just have:

EB Main Campaign (A to L)
    EB Main Campaign (M to Z)

in your main menu and, hey presto, 52 playable factions.

you don't even have to have all faction slots occupied
    in this way you guys are only limited by the number of different units

if it is not possible(please be possible) then say it to me please

Default Re: 52 playable factions!

This has been brought up before and is not something we want to do at all. What would be we do with 52 factions when only half are playable. In Campaign A do we have the Romans or Arche Seleukeia, but then those factions equally belong in Campaign B. Can you imagine playing a campaign without either of those - I mean Jese, AS occupies a full quarter of the map! Two 500 unit slots shared between 52 factions means less than 100 units per faction (plus regionals) which is just not doable.

So no, this is not an idea we wish to follow at all.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

it doesn't say that the factions wouldnt be there they would just be unplayable by the player in that campaign but in the other campaign they would be playable and other factions not, indeed 52 is a bit much but you don't have to fill in all of them, its just an idea if you want to expand beyond the few new slots that came free

As I said we've discussed it but we certainly are not going to follow it. We've got plenty of work just getting 10 new factions in.

Foot
    Last edited by Foot; 10-30-2008 at 00:33.
    EBII Mod Leader

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Yeah, the man is right! I´ve checked this method out in detail, and it just ain´t worth it.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

ah ok so I thought it was a problem that there where too few faction slots

may you keep on trampling people forever with your wisdom foot
    I salute you

What the hell!? Foot simply stated that the EB Tea has already discussed this and has decided not to use it. In no way did he trample you. If he had, I would have let you know.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by theoldbelgian View Post
    it doesn't say that the factions wouldnt be there they would just be unplayable by the player in that campaign but in the other campaign they would be playable and other factions not, indeed 52 is a bit much but you don't have to fill in all of them, its just an idea if you want to expand beyond the few new slots that came free
    And if that was going to be possible, it would have to be one campaign for each extra faction, so that they could add the important factions in all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by General Appo View Post
    What the hell!? Foot simply stated that the EB Tea has already discussed this and has decided not to use it. In no way did he trample you. If he had, I would have let you know.
    i didn't say he trampled me
    I just said I liked it when he tramples people it sorta makes my day
    yes i am a litle sadist person

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Well, couldn't you have rival factions for most of the existing factions? Such as the "barbarian" tribes, who always had competitors of the same culture? The main faction will be playable and the rival factions will have pretty much the same unit roster but will be there only for gameplay/historical realism purposes - non-playable of course. The Gaulish Celts already have this with the Aedui and Arverni, but you could do it for the other factions as well, albeit with identical units and only whenever it is historically accurate to do so.

Okay, I don't know how much clearer I can make this. We have discussed this idea and rejected it. That means we won't be using it. Bringing up solutions to problems that we aren't going to have is delaying the inevitable. Leave it be. If you wish you could try producing a mini-mod that plays this way when EBII is released, but this is not something we have any plans of pursuing and it is something we've thought about.

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader

Quote Originally Posted by theoldbelgian View Post
    i didn't say he trampled me
    I just said I liked it when he tramples people it sorta makes my day
    yes i am a litle sadist person
    Alright, I misunderstood your post and took it for sarcasm. I should not be so quick to judge such things over the internet.
    The Appomination

What I would like to see, (but probibly won't, as this would take a mountain of new research) would be two campaigns taking place at different time periods within the EB time frame. I suppose a mini-mod would not be out of the question, but I'd have to leave that to other people, as I have no techno-fobo-logical aptitude myself.
    The likes of which you have never seen...

It would be great if some of the fans were willing to take that upon themselves. For a while there was development of the EB Late Period Project, but it never got off the ground. Good starting dates would probably be around 172 BC and 72 BC, which leave the option for resurgences of several Mediterranean states.

It is something that I hope fans seriously consider. With sub-mods such as Asia ton Barbaron, the potential is obviously there. It is just more of a matter of whether the fans want to get organized and put things together. Just, please, no lorica segmentata.

Yes, it would be great to have the kind of fan enthusiasum to pull such a project together. The skill too, someone like me would be worthless for anything but research, if that; I may be a history major, but my University has a very limeted amount of material pertaining to the clasical period that can't be easily found on the internet.

Great idea, but like I said it would have to be fan created, we can't hardly ask the EB team for any more than they've already given us. I'm personally shocked that they're going through with the effort of making EBII at all, they've already busted thier asses on EBI for so long; it's an insperational testement to thier dedication that the long-standing mod members are still at it.
    The likes of which you have never seen...

Quote Originally Posted by abou View Post
    It would be great if some of the fans were willing to take that upon themselves. For a while there was development of the EB Late Period Project, but it never got off the ground. Good starting dates would probably be around 172 BC and 72 BC, which leave the option for resurgences of several Mediterranean states.

It is something that I hope fans seriously consider. With sub-mods such as Asia ton Barbaron, the potential is obviously there. It is just more of a matter of whether the fans want to get organized and put things together. Just, please, no lorica segmentata.
    Actually, for a starting date of 72 BC the LS is conceivable, presuming of course that the gameplay exceeds the current end at 14 AD. You would be able to use the unit slots of the Camillan troops for sure, and as the Marian reforms happened in 107 BC I would think that the whole Polybian roster would be gone by then too.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

I was considering that the game would still end at 14 AD. At least that would decrease the need to be modeling a lot of new units by the fans. Even then, I think a case could be made that when we see LS depicted in art it was more a matter of differentiation between Roman and Auxiliary troops (i.e. Trajan's Column) rather than a concrete indication of equipment.