Thread: A custom battles demo....

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Default A custom battles demo....

To give this mod a breath of life I would suggest to release whats currently done in the form of custom battles-demo....
    This way the work thats currently done doesnt get lost and the hype stays alive plus someone can always be inspired and pickup the work....
    What do you think?
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

Default Re: A custom battles demo....

I like the sound of that

If MySpace had a system failure and completely crashed, 90% of today's teens would die. 9% would laugh untill they no longer could and 1% would die from laughing. If you are part of the 1% that would die from laughing so hard, copy and paste the whole thing into your signature

That's what i suggested a month ago.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

The reason they didn't plan on doing this was apparently because all they made was not ready
    to be used in battles. I don't understand Y, but that may have changed by now. But it is unlikely
    it will happen. & that may take up more of their effort which they don't seem to have as much of
    as b4..

Well you know maybe we just dont want all of our work showing up in "Markofchaos total battle." Judging from what those russians have already done they should have no problem ripping models and textures from us... I'm still sickened that some of you think its ok for them to use Mark of chaos models. It just goes to show you dont care about the work we put in to make our own stuff. Anyway Ibefore we can release a custom battle demo wed need to make Icons for all of our units otherwise no one will know what anything is. Trust me I have considered recommending that we do that, but like I said you know those damn russians.

I don't think that most of us approve of their use of the mark of chaos models, I know me and revan have called them out for it on several occasions but if you don't have the unit cards then I am fine with waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Daitus View Post
    Well you know maybe we just dont want all of our work showing up in "Markofchaos total battle." Judging from what those russians have already done they should have no problem ripping models and textures from us... I'm still sickened that some of you think its ok for them to use Mark of chaos models. It just goes to show you dont care about the work we put in to make our own stuff. Anyway Ibefore we can release a custom battle demo wed need to make Icons for all of our units otherwise no one will know what anything is. Trust me I have considered recommending that we do that, but like I said you know those damn russians.
    FGS, Daitus, I'm still waiting for your reply. Add your messenger/e-mail.
    Revan Shan / Mayorcete / Teuton Arrasador

Miguelito Productions' views:
    The best vids in YOUTUBE!
    Miguelito Productions supports:
    SWGEmu / Warhammer Total War / MERP (Middle-Earth Role Playing for oblivion (The Elder Scrolls IV) / Shattered Lineage, for Oblivion

Master of Puppets Member hellenes's Avatar

Well you cannot judge people that have 0 comprehention...of the word copyright and IP...Russia is the land of Jack Sparrow afterall...
    Impunity is an open wound in the human soul.

ΑΙΡΕΥΟΝΤΑΙ ΕΝ ΑΝΤΙ ΑΠΑΝΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΑΡΙΣΤΟΙ ΚΛΕΟΣ ΑΕΝΑΟΝ ΘΝΗΤΩΝ ΟΙ ΔΕ ΠΟΛΛΟΙ ΚΕΚΟΡΗΝΤΑΙ ΟΚΩΣΠΕΡ ΚΤΗΝΕΑ

The best choose one thing in exchange for all, everflowing fame among mortals; but the majority are satisfied with just feasting like beasts.

I don't think really any1 here approves of what the Russians did btw.
    But I'd actually be quite fine with a demo with no modded unit cards & banners etc, as
    long as the units work.

& u seem to have some kind of hatred for the Russians? I don't think they were intentionally
    copyrighting the Mark Of Chaos stuff.

Judging from what those russians have already done they should have no problem ripping models and textures from us...
    On the other hand, there are a bunch of unwritten modding rules on most serious modding sites. None of those will let them upload their mod anywhere, so they'll probably have to stick with torrent sites and... less serious modding sites. And if they come up with the idea to take other mods' models without asking, it won't really get much better.

So what your actualy saying is through fear that someone out there likes what you've done and wants to use it or add it to what they're doing.

So if we want to play warhammer armies we have these few options:
    1. spend the money and time and buy the real thing. Nah too much effort want to play on comp

2. get mark of chaos.

3. get russian version cos it's likely going to release they're mod.

Well I'm playing 2 role play games on this forum and an Arma gaming clan and more games than I wish to count, but I still come here hoping you guys will say we've done this, heres a screen shot.
    I guess my point is I could play warhammer in Civ 4 and Dawn of war. But I'll be reluctantly buying mark of chaos if you guys aren't going to release anything then I'll probs get empire and play throught 3 modded versions or Rtw, Mtw2, plus empire.
    I was hoping to take on the world as Bretonnians or start a roleplay camp or fight multiplyer WTW.
    I was hoping that you guys would go down the path of Arma modders who release versions and people play and give feed back to improve it.
    Last edited by Marcus Agrippa; 11-07-2008 at 20:43.

Alexandre Le Sueur
    Chevalier of The Order of the Fleur de Lys
    Servant of France and Bretagne

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Agrippa View Post
    3. get russian version cos it's likely going to release they're mod.
    This is apparently never going to happen, the admins of the forums they post
    on say that they're going to delete it as soon as it's released, becuz that's apparently
    the only time that it is illegal. Most of you guys seem to have not noticed the massive
    discussion we had b4 which I believe was on the WC3 topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantsalot View Post
    This is apparently never going to happen, the admins of the forums they post
    on say that they're going to delete it as soon as it's released, becuz that's apparently
    the only time that it is illegal. Most of you guys seem to have not noticed the massive
    discussion we had b4 which I believe was on the WC3 topic.
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Code_Knight View Post
    Do you guys want a sub-forum? If so I'll arrange it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by grailknight View Post
    Really?
    This has nothing to do with the discussion, but anyway: Hey, are you grailknight from the old zodiak-productions forums? :)

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

OMG WHEN DID CAPTAIN AL SHOW UP.
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    This has nothing to do with the discussion, but anyway: Hey, are you grailknight from the old zodiak-productions forums? :)
    I dont remember. I might have signed up for that forum, but I can't remember, and I cant remember if I went by that name or not (usually go by grailknighthero).

WOULD YOU BE THE SELF-PROCLAIMED ARCHBISHOP OF FUNK?

Quote Originally Posted by grailknight View Post
    I dont remember. I might have signed up for that forum, but I can't remember, and I cant remember if I went by that name or not (usually go by grailknighthero).
    Oh, then you're not, cause grailknight was a very active member there.

:(

And I miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt View Post
    :(

And I miss him.
    Me too baby... me too.

He's rarely, if ever, on msn anymore as well D:

Unsurprising though, seeing as last I spoke with him, he was finishing up his first year at University for nano technology/biology or watnot.

Definitely not me, Im third year comp sci.

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

http://www.moddb.com/mods/call-of-warhammer-total-war

If i'm not mistaken, the ruski have gotten onto Moddb, unless this is us.
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

thats the russians

If MySpace had a system failure and completely crashed, 90% of today's teens would die. 9% would laugh untill they no longer could and 1% would die from laughing. If you are part of the 1% that would die from laughing so hard, copy and paste the whole thing into your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Abokasee View Post
    If i'm not mistaken, the ruski have gotten onto Moddb, unless this is us.
    Little mistake was happen - this is not russian, it's ukrainian mod. Take look on the inscriptions on screenshots. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Old_rover View Post
    Little mistake was happen - this is not russian, it's ukrainian mod. Take look on the inscriptions on screenshots. ;)
    You wrong.
    This is russian AND ukranian mod. SiCH is russian speaking portal for all exUSSR community.