Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UPCOMING DEMO, and included content

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Default Re: UPCOMING DEMO, and included content

I've been here as long as anyone, but it still mystifies me why Bwian just up and left. He invested so much of his time into this, you think he'd at least still check up and make a few posts/give suggestions from week-to-week, or month-to-month. It's been about or over half a year since he even visited.

And here's what someone was talking about with Chariots.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...66#post2091766
    Last edited by Spankfurt; 03-09-2009 at 05:21. Reason: asdfghjkl;
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

I talked with him and it seemed his RL situation was somewhat tight so he had to drop it all completely as it soaked up a lot of time so I was not all to terribly surprised.

And to everyone thinking and posting "it's dead," patience is a virtue...
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

exactamundo

If MySpace had a system failure and completely crashed, 90% of today's teens would die. 9% would laugh untill they no longer could and 1% would die from laughing. If you are part of the 1% that would die from laughing so hard, copy and paste the whole thing into your signature

Awesome Cold One Knight Member Goncalou's Avatar

I know patience is a virtue, although i never really did say the mod was dead. Bwian probaly does have a good reason for not even checking on the mod, and Pertwee never say what you just said again, ever, please. Yaaaaaagh!!!!! I really want this mod to come out. I can barely play empires because i want this mod so badly! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
    It's a fool's race to be run, if all is lost if it be won.

exactamundo

lol

If MySpace had a system failure and completely crashed, 90% of today's teens would die. 9% would laugh untill they no longer could and 1% would die from laughing. If you are part of the 1% that would die from laughing so hard, copy and paste the whole thing into your signature

If i ever find out a word you don't like i'm going to fill the screen with it, and if i know where you live i'll spray paint it on all your walls. Like c'mon. Goddamit Pertwee! Aaaagghhhh!!!!

but it still mystifies me why Bwian just up and left
    I made it pretty plain to the rest of the mod team, and it was personal and no business of anyone's. If anyone was actually interested, then they could always have tried a pm..... Sometimes things crop up that are far more important than a PC game, and they have to be dealt with, however long it takes.

Besides....who says I never check the forum from time to time?

Incidentally....the 'someone' who was talking about chariots ought to have been pretty obvious. The name shold have given it away somewhat! Yes, chariots are possible....and the necessary animations and skeleton is freely available for anyone to use in a mod.

Beofre anyone asks, though ... no...I have no intention to return to this mod or to work on it again. I have begun a new project exploring hte boundaries of what the M2TW engine is capable of, and making some new and slightly more extreme units which I am loosely grouping together as a mod.

I have chariots, I have flamethrowers, I have wheeled units and I have a giant undead warriior that smashes troops around. I also intend to have a load of fun stuff from rocket firing walkers to volley guns and bomb throwers.... and best of all, since it's all from my amagination, there is no pressure to make a unit 'just so' and no discussions on detail :)
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!

:O Is there a forum for this awesome stuff?

Oh hey Bwian, I haven't seen you in a while and the factions in that mod on the link seem pretty cool.

I did not mean any offense by anything I said Bwian! It simply mystified me. The contrast of keeping very active on a daily basis to not posting in 6 months (Doesn't mean you weren't checking :P) Just mystified me, as I keep up to date with many different communities, and they aren't that easy to leave on a whim.

Not offended. But sometimes, things happen in life that cause you to look at things in a different way. I had more impartant business to attend to that took up my time, and to be honest...running a team was not something I wanted. It was easier for me to work alone to my own pace, rather than involving lots of people and co-ordinating their efforts. The 'team' was an extra pressure I just didn't have the time or the will to cope with.

Once you start down a team road, you can't just turn back. You can't just sack all the people who have volunteered to help and start working alone...you have to take the other option, and depart. Once you do that, though, you have to leave completely, or you end up interfering with decisions that are no longer yours to make. It's easier to make a clean break then and just not post at all.

With my current project, though, I have planned from the outset to avoid this. There will be no team, and it will be a solo effort. That way, I have no worry about managing a team, and can just do my own thing at my own pace. I'm paid to manage teams at work...so there is no relaxation there for me!

Awwwwweeee Bwian :( You were probably the best modder, in the way of skins and animations, I have seen as of yet. Sorry for the way things turned out.

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt View Post
    Awwwwweeee Bwian :( You were probably the best modder, in the way of skins and animations, I have seen as of yet. Sorry for the way things turned out.
    His skins couldn't be compaired to those of Alletuns and Krazy's but his coding/animating and skeleton work was a massive loss to this team when he left.

I'd give anything for Krazy and Alletun to be working with the russians, they are the best 2 skin artists i have seen in a mod team, but the russians have done great ammounts of work and are almost ready to launch. Would be fantastic to see Alletuns black orcs and Krazys high elf stuff in it!

Russians are cool and all, especially Reznov from Call of Duty World at War, but they do or at least they did, I haven't checked on it in a while, have material from Warhammer Mark of Chaos so i don't think they can do stuff like that yet. But then again I don't know much about modding.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123