Thread: Mod Questions

Friendly Resident Knight Member Fußball's Avatar

Default Mod Questions

I have a few questions for you in regards to editing your mod. Which, by the way, I am very much enjoying at the moment. Excellent work. I am curious as to which folder the values for build times are and which values are the build times. And should adding upkeep for the Mongol/Timurid specific units be too detrimental to the aforementioned factions or would it simply sap their cash somewhat once they settle? I'm assuming it would sap them enough to not give them the ability to expand as fast as having a majority of units that need no upkeep. And if so, would like to know how to, perhaps, add a large sum of cash to their purse so as to compensate for the upkeep cost issue. Thanks in advance.

Tschüß!
    Erich
    Last edited by Fußball; 11-12-2008 at 07:08.

Things are getting better. Well, not as good as yesterday, but definitely better than tomorrow! ~Old Russian Joke

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Mod Questions

Sure.

The building times are in the buildings file (EDB) and are clearly marked there.
    Unit upkeep are in the units file (EDU) and are the third cost value (usually a fraction of the number to its left)

It shouldn't be overy detrimental, but it would weaken the hordes somewhat.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Thanks for the quick responses. Two more questions if you will, I am not sure if one of CA's patches ever cleared these... Does your mod or the latest patch have fixes for roads not adding to trade income? And does your mod fix the Venetian armor bug? If not would you be so kind as to point me in the direction of a link so as to reverse the line or tell me yourself? Thanks again.

Tschüß!
    Erich

Things are getting better. Well, not as good as yesterday, but definitely better than tomorrow! ~Old Russian Joke

Hiya,

The first one, no. I think roads not adding income is fine, especially to keep the game challenging so that you cannot build roads everywhere to enjoy both fast travel and more cash.

The second one, yes, that's fixed.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Was about to add another question with edit but you tackled those so fast... Are Transylvanian Peasants available in campaign in your mod?

Tschüß!
    Erich
    Last edited by Fußball; 11-13-2008 at 01:29.

I believe so. From the tavern line for Hungary.

Why thank you my good man, you have been most helpful.

Tschüß!
    Erich