Thread: Looted Wonders - An Idea

Default Looted Wonders - An Idea

First off, EB is great and I'm looking forward to EBII. There's just one little thing that's always bothered me, and it deals with Wonders.

Lets say I'm playing as Carthage, and have taken Rome but don't want to hold it yet. Now, I should be able to loot the city and tear down every building. That's fine. But the wonders, such as the temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus, are once gone, gone forever. If I loot it for cash, the Romani can't rebuild it. This seems to me as historically inaccurate - that particular temple was destroyed and rebuilt a few times. (see here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_...apitoline_Hill) )

Is it possible to make it so that certain wonders can respawn, but with 100% damage, if they are looted? And then cost a LOT of money to repair, since repairs are instantaneous which is unrealistic? I think my idea can be done with the script and in the buildings document.

Now, certain wonders could be once destroyed, gone forever, like the Tomb of Alexander. If that had been looted in history, I doubt it would have made its way back to Alexandreia ever again.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

Default Re: Looted Wonders - An Idea

It's a good idea and I don't think it would be impossible to do. However the EBII team may decide that this isn't a first priority, so if it is possible it would probably be in a later release. However I obviously don't know, it's up to them. Like the idea though.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

This is certainly possible, but it will be an exploit. You can then tear down the wonder every turn for its cash, as you get as much from destroying a damaged building as you do from an intact one.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

umm but then It can be implemented, anyways most of the EB players are role players

it could be an exploit, but its the choice of the user to exploit it or not, (kinda like the regional mics and gov sistem exploit)
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

Does the AI even repair?

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Another thing is if those wonders would give a lot of public order bonuses. So destroying it would cause you more trouble than leaving it there.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Foot
    Does the AI even repair?

Foot
    Yes they do. At least I have seen them done it.
    Last edited by Ibn-Khaldun; 11-15-2008 at 21:26.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Does the AI even repair?
    Absolutely, and quite a lot too. Just in my current Baktria campaign I´m trying to get Seleukids cities to revolt by sabotaging their public order buildings. Frustrating thing is the Sele´s keep repairing them every turn, and of course they never run out of money. And somehow seem able to raise the public order from +30 to +85 pretty much whenever they want without actually doing anything.
    I know, I know, lowering taxes, but still, it´s annoying.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

this does sound like a good idea, exploitations or no. I mean, how many Solomon's Temples does Judaea go through in a month?
    "An army of Sheep led by a Lion will always defeat an army of Lions led by a Sheep"
    -Arabic Military Maxim
    "War doesn't decide who is right, only who is left."
    "In order to test a man's strength of character, do not give him adversity, for any man can handle adversity, but instead give him POWER.
    -Abraham Lincoln
    "A man once asked me who my grandfather was. I told him I didn't know who he was, and didn't care. I cared more about who his grandson will be."
    -Abraham Lincoln

Yeah, I like this idea too.

Exploiting this feature wouldn't be any different from using the add_money cheat. If players are going to use exploits to upset the intended balance of the game, then it's just like masturbation. It might make you feel good, but do it in the privacy of your own home and don't talk about it in polite company. Those who do it for real know they're getting a better deal...

On a related topic, I presume the AI doesn't ever destroy buildings? I've never seen it do it in EB1.1, either with wonders or regular buildings.
    One balloon for not being Roman

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Foot View Post
    Does the AI even repair?

Foot
    from personal experiance: It seems that the AI gives a bigger damn repairing the most unnecessary buildings, but no effort in maintaining a proper army. M2TW is a little better, but the same rules apply.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

from personal experiance: It seems that the AI gives a bigger damn repairing the most unnecessary buildings, but no effort in maintaining a proper army. M2TW is a little better, but the same rules apply.
    I always hated that. If they ever bothered repairing, they should also try retraining. It does wonders, you dumb AI.

Good thing M2TW AI is more able to be modded.

I still have trouble believing that, ACIN. But you brought my hopes up nonetheless.