Thread: The CIA are defeatists?

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Default The CIA are defeatists?

CIA Chief says Al Queda is extending it's reach.

Since we're winning Iraq, we're destroying Al Queda!

Oh, wait.....
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Part-Time Polemic Senior Member ICantSpellDawg's Avatar

Default Re: The CIA are defeatists?

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishFish View Post

Oh, wait.....
    We reach the furthest when falling off of a ledge.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 11-15-2008 at 22:01.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."
    -Eric "George Orwell" Blair

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    (Lincoln's First Inaugural Address, 1861).
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Formerly: SwedishFish Member KarlXII's Avatar
    San Diego, California, United States. Malmö/Gothenburg, Sweden. Cities of my ancestors and my favorite places to go!

Quote Originally Posted by TuffStuffMcGruff View Post
    We reach the furthest when falling off of a ledge.
    So you have nothing to say? Have a nice day!
    HOW ABOUT 'DEM VIKINGS
    -Martok

Our agenda has been to make Al Qaeda uncomfortable in unstable areas. Pushing extremists into areas with firmer government control is a win.

Al Qaeda wouldn't last under authority - it is when shielded by erratic regimes that it can strike optimally. The fight should get easier in areas that know stability. Of course we should monitor the situation carefully and use force whenever necessary, particularly in areas with weak government control or impediment.
    Last edited by ICantSpellDawg; 11-15-2008 at 22:52.
    "That rifle hanging on the wall of the working-class flat or labourer's cottage is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

"If the policy of the government, upon vital questions affecting the whole people, is to be irrevocably fixed by decisions of the Supreme Court...the people will have ceased to be their own rulers, having to that extent practically resigned the government into the hands of that eminent tribunal."
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Retired Senior Member Prince Cobra's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh, wait.....
    Iraq is a swamp and it can not be won. The locals simply will not accept a government supported by the western regiments.Fact. Everything else is the political analogy of science fiction.

Al Queda... You can not destroy a ghost. Al Queda became symbol of the world terrorism but world terrorism is not only Al Queda. I think the two are confused and this is done often deliberately for political purposes. Yet if I am to believe to the news that Al Queda is recovering (which is maybe true) then it only shows the failure in the Eastern adventure of USA. Well, failure for some, profit for others.

(sarcastic) Interesting lies... ahem news.

Our agenda has been to make Al Qaeda uncomfortable in unstable areas. Pushing extremists into areas with firmer government control is a win.

Al Qaeda wouldn't last under authority - it is when shielded by erratic regimes that it can strike optimally. The fight should get easier in areas that know stability. Of course we should monitor the situation carefully and use force whenever able, particularly in areas with weak government control.
    Disagree: Al Queda and similiar org feel fine where there is no authority (Iraq now; Afghanistan during the Talibans: they were a state but only in name, not that situation has changed so much)
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 11-15-2008 at 23:00.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

More and more the "war on terror" is feeling like the "war on drugs", that has worked well.
    What, you never seen a Polock in Viking Armor on a Camel?

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Asen View Post
    Disagree: Al Queda and similiar org feel fine where there is no authority (Iraq now; Afghanistan during the Talibans: they were a state but only in name, not that situation has changed so much)
    What part of my statement did you disagree with?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blog Entries

What part of my statement did you disagree with?
    That had left from another sentence. Disregard. That sentence meant that this comment of CIA is non-sense. BTW the paradox is that instead of creating stability with the Iraq invasion the region was shattered once again and not in favour of U.S.A.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

That had left from another sentence. Disregard. That sentence meant that this comment of CIA is non-sense. BTW the paradox is that instead of creating stability with the Iraq invasion the region was shattered once again and not in favour of U.S.A.
    I believe that the occupation has finally brought about the beginning of a durable and legitimate authority in Iraq. This authority will, simply, give people the best alternative to arbitrary and tyrannical rule and provide a security umbrella that does not extend over terrorist activity.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blog Entries

I believe that the occupation has finally brought about the beginning of a durable and legitimate authority in Iraq. This authority will, simply, give people the best alternative to arbitrary and tyrannical rule and provide a security umbrella that does not extend over terrorist activity.
    Well, I am not very sure if the natives feel in this way. Iraq is on the verge of civil war and the foreign regiments are considered by the locals(from all the factions except the government) as occupators. This is how they see the situation I think. Just look what happens in Iraq now(the chaos on the street) and you'll understand the people.

Saddam was a tyrant but maybe there could be other way than entering like a war elephant in a glass store.
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 11-15-2008 at 23:13.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

Well, I am not very sure if the natives feel in this way. Iraq is on the verge of civil war and the foreign regiments are considered by the locals(from all the factions except the government) as occupators. This is how they see the situation I think. Just look what happens in Iraq now(the chaos on the street) and you'll understand the people.

Saddam was a tyrant but maybe there could be other way than entering like a war elephant in a glass store.
    Did you write that 6 months ago?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Darkside Medic Senior Member rory_20_uk's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You don't win funding for your department by saying that the enemy is defeated, is of no threat and your grandmother could 'ave 'em.

No, the threat is growing, is real and unless 30% of GDP is placed in your control, the world will end. Only Herculean on the current budget has meant that bombs are not going off all over the place.

An enemy that wishes to die for their country is the best sort to face - you both have the same aim in mind.
    Science flies you to the moon, religion flies you into buildings.
    "If you can't trust the local kleptocrat whom you installed by force and prop up with billions of annual dollars, who can you trust?" Lemur
    If you're not a liberal when you're 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by the time you're 35, you have no brain.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute talk with the average voter. Winston Churchill

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

What chaos, things have never been more quiet. I think Rory nailed it. Friend of mine lives near immigration centre and I met a lot of iraqi's from there, most are packing up to move back or are at least playing with the idea.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    What chaos, things have never been more quiet. I think Rory nailed it. Friend of mine lives near immigration centre and I met a lot of iraqi's from there, most are packing up to move back or are at least playing with the idea.
    I think they are going back home because they have nowhere to go. Playing with the idea: most probably. I've checked: there are 11 victims from the foreign regiments for November(the month is not over)... no data about the Iraqi(and thir casualties are more). The fact that there is a decrease in the casulaties does not mean a lot since they increase and decrease periodically. Quiet? Another reason to fear.
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 11-16-2008 at 16:04.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

I think they are going back home because they have nowhere to go.
    Nah, they are free to stay but most iraqi's we have here had an actual life in Iraq (and the connections to get out), and they can always puppy-eye the swedes who are so full of multicultural desire that the only concern for the iraqi's is trying not to break their necks while trying to put their heels down on the fishy-smelling road to the open door. Things are actually shaping up and the people actually want to go back, why would they want to go back to a hellhole like that, maybe it just isn't that much of a hellhole anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    Nah, they are free to stay but most iraqi's we have here had an actual life in Iraq (and the connections to get out), and they can always puppy-eye the swedes who are so full of multicultural desire that the only concern for the iraqi's is trying not to break their necks while trying to put their heels down on the fishy-smelling road to the open door. Things are actually shaping up and the people actually want to go back, why would they want to go back to a hellhole like that, maybe it just isn't that much of a hellhole anymore.
    How many Iraqi people do you mean btw?
    Maybe they miss their reltives...Maybe they simply miss Iraq... And they are ready to face the risk to go back...But I'm really far from thinking the situation in Iraq is under control... The problem is if they know it and that casualties will continue to be given...
    Last edited by Prince Cobra; 11-16-2008 at 16:40.
    R.I.P. Tosa...

How many Iraqi people do you mean btw?
    Maybe they miss their reltives...Maybe they simply miss Iraq... And they are ready to face the risk to go back...But I'm really far from thinking the situation in Iraq is under control... The problem is if they know it and that casualties will continue to be given...
    Don't know how many live there, it's a pretty big place. Know 10 or so pretty well but they aren't too chatty about it, we sometimes take them along and you get a few flashes of information but they are pretty positive about Iraq's future that I can tell you.

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by m52nickerson View Post
    More and more the "war on terror" is feeling like the "war on drugs", that has worked well.
    Why do you hate America?
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.