Thread: Question i can't find an answer to

Default Question i can't find an answer to

Hi I already looked in the faq but can't find the answer,why is it that in eb 1.1 i cant upgrade the blacksmith? i even have huge cities but my weapons won't go higher than bronze,is this on pourpose? if yes will it be in eb 2 as well?

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Default Re: Question i can't find an answer to

In short; yes, its on purpose, and no, armour is a whole different kettle of fish in M2TW.

I've never played mtw2 what do you mean?
    and why were the blacsmith upgrades not added?
    p.s. also why couldn't i find the answer to that anywere?

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Armour of upgrades in M2TW, if memory serves me correct, can change the appearence of the unit (ie they wear new armour), and if you recruit a unit thats starts with say chain mail, and that is what your armoury level is at, you don't get any armour bonus. So its not exactly a straightforward +1, +2 system.

I might be mistaken about the armour upgrades, but rest assured that the stat system is not only intricate but highly sophisticated (at least that's how it comes across to me). You probably haven't found an answer because there isn't a straight answer to give. The armour upgrades are small part of the whole system, not to be considered in isolation.
    Last edited by Parkev; 11-16-2008 at 11:56.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Question i can't find an answer to

Because this is the forum of EB2. For EB1 questions, go to the EB1 forum.

I presume blacksmith upgrades weren't added because, realistically, you can't improve the quality of, say, chainmail that much. It's unrealistic to have chainmail-wearing soldiers with the armour values of breastplates. In fact, since EB's armour values are already statted on what the soldiers wore, I'd rather see the blacksmith removed entirely, but that's just a personal opinion.
    Last edited by Ludens; 11-16-2008 at 11:59.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Tanks to all for your answers that was exactly what i was looking for.
    And Ludens i know this is the eb 2 forum,i posted this here because it included an eb 2 question.