Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 released

Default Re: EB 1.2 released

So do we have to uninstall everything again? Or can we just download this into RTW file or EB file?

Sorry I am sure this is explained but I am on a bad wireless connection and downloading everything again would be a nights work.

AVE

PP

This installs over EB 1.1. It should be a clean 1.1 install, so if you have any submods installed for EB you should reinstall EB 1.1

Foot
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator

Thanks

Just into the RTW folder? or into EB?

pp

Who is playing 1.2 now? Should I go now? I just gave up on a Roman campaign in 1.1. I was at 174 BC but was in CTD hell.

Does this include all the patches to make the game more stable that I downloaded earlier?

I love the mod, incredible work!

PP

Quote Originally Posted by me, the release post
    Double-click the EB installer file and follow the instructions on screen. Make sure that you select the RTW folder, IE the one where RomeTW.exe lies under. Also make sure that you remove the boilerplate text that comes after the folder that you choose.
    So yeah, the RTW folder. The fixes for 1.1 are included, but the sprites fix was again forgotten unfortunately. Even if you've installed the sprites fix for 1.1 you need to get the 1.2 fix for the same, as it has an updated DMB fix that was not part of the 1.1 fix.
    Last edited by bovi; 11-25-2008 at 19:59.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

All right!!! Perhaps now I can finally complete a campaign (EB 1.1 doesn't like my computers, it seems), but first I really got to buy me a brand new system for some more spectacular EB fun!

Thanks!

I require some help (yes, mentaly too, but not what i had in mid at the time :P )
    I try to unpack the 1.2 fixes in the EB / data directory and i keep geting an error (not able to copy or some such) is there something i am doing wrong, or some required program etc? I know i am ignorand but i will apriciate an answer. Thanks in advance.
    Dont fight for what you want, fight for what you can have.

Thanks for the help. 1.2 up and running. And now for those traitors in Rhegium!

PP

Quote Originally Posted by Iraklis View Post
    I require some help (yes, mentaly too, but not what i had in mid at the time :P )
    I try to unpack the 1.2 fixes in the EB / data directory and i keep geting an error (not able to copy or some such) is there something i am doing wrong, or some required program etc? I know i am ignorand but i will apriciate an answer. Thanks in advance.
    Hmmm, you're not able to overwrite the old files??
    I love the smell of bronze in the morning!

Campaigns completed: Vanilla Seleucid, EB 1.2. Carthaginian, RSII Pergamon

Quote Originally Posted by Iraklis View Post
    (not able to copy or some such)
    Please be more precise about what the error message says. Which program are you using? 7-zip is the one I've recommended in the fixes post, and that should be sufficient for this purpose. Not to mention free.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

EBII Hod Carrier Member QuintusSertorius's Avatar

I've got 1.2 complete on eMule now, and am sharing it. I doubt I'll play it any time soon, not really in the mood for games of late. Which gives a goodly amount of time for bugs and new versions of mini-mods on EB to come out.
    It began on seven hills - an EB 1.1 Romani AAR with historical house-rules (now ceased)
    Heirs to Lysimachos - an EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR with semi-historical houserules (now ceased)
    Philetairos' Gift - a second EB 1.1 Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Which gives a goodly amount of time for bugs and new versions of mini-mods on EB to come out.
    EB: Now producing bigger and better bugs, even faster!

================
    ================

Do I have to uninstall EB 1.1 to install this?

Only if you have any minimods. Otherwise it is a patch that installs on top of 1.1.

What about all the fixes released? Are those included in EB 1.2 because I just reinstalled EB 1.1 and havent put them in yet.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

"All" the v1.1 fixes are in v1.2. Install v1.1, then v1.2, then the v1.2 fixes.

There are already fixes for 1.2???

One might think that my signature with a HUGE link to them would make people aware of them. Since it's me who posted the release, I mean. And the 1.1 fixes. And multiple times in this thread, among them the one directly before your own post.

================
    ================

Hi,

Can someone upload the lastest patch onto badongo?
    Having troubles with megaupload and filefront, I don't have edonkey or torrent programs.

Sorry for the late responce, getting married in a month and i have tons of things to do here and there... The message i get is (rough translation from greek to english) "action restricted" and i am using win rar (have Vista at the time).

That would probably be "access denied"... You may have to get administrator access, if you're not running as the administrator right now. You didn't install under Program Files (whatever the Greek equivalent is called), right?

================
    ================

I have had lots of crashing problems(1 in 3 battles, either during battle, or mainly when the loading screen comes up) with v1.1, so I want to try again.

So I will install RTW 1.5, then EBv1.1(without the fixes?????) and then EBv1.2. Is this correct?

Thanks for any replies.

In a matter of fact i did... So if there is nothing than can be done i will just leave it as is. Thanks a lot for the help tho :)

There isn't "nothing that can be done". You can install outside of Program Files, as the 1.1 installer tells you to.

Digby, you're essentially right. Get RTW 1.5, install EB 1.1 into it, then EB 1.2. Finally install the fixes for 1.2.

================
    ================

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: EB 1.2 released

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    One might think that my signature with a HUGE link to them would make people aware of them. Since it's me who posted the release, I mean. And the 1.1 fixes. And multiple times in this thread, among them the one directly before your own post.
    Some people have signatures disabled, or use forum skins that don't display signatures. And personally, I have a tendency to ignore everything in a signature, because it's rarely relevant anyway.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Oh, I see. I thought signatures were always displayed. I've added a link in the "important information" sticky now.

================
    ================

EB 1.2 is working out great, thanks EB team!

Irrelevant post.
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 11-29-2008 at 15:19.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Disregard Tellos' post. You cannot open the fixes with the installer. Your problem is that you have installed EB under Program Files.
    Last edited by bovi; 11-29-2008 at 06:50.

================
    ================

I can't believe I missed this for eight days! It's 1.0 all ove again..
    All I have to say is: thank you EB team for all your efforts.
    ξυνòς 'Evυáλιoς κaí τε κτανéoντα κατéκτα
    Alike to all is the War God, and him who would kill he kills. (Il. 18.309)

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast