Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 released

Default Re: EB 1.2 released

Hi

I am very happy because I can play EB, that is great modification because of the EB team hard and honorable work.
    Recently I installed EB 1.2, I am playing with Romani faction the year is 199 BC and have conquered 93 settlements, unfortunatelly for some reasons after installing in the Krete island (Kydonia) the hellenic culture recruitments (like krete archers) has turned to nomadic (like nomadic slingers), the others aspects of the game seem to be ok.
    Please provide me with help in this regard.

Thank you for your efforts.

You got to 93 settlements by 199BC, by now? Are you sure you've activated the script?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

AVE EB team!

Great job. Off and running and to the Polybian Reform in my Roman Campaign without a single bug so far.

THANKS FOR SUCH GREAT WORK!

pp

Vicious Celt Warlord Member Celtic_Punk's Avatar

what is the unit in the first post? The Celtic Viking and I are tryin to figure it out lol
    'Who Dares WINS!' - SAS
    "The republic stands for truth and honour. For all that is noblest in our race. By truth and honour, principle and sacrifice alone will Ireland be free."-Liam Mellows

Who knows? If it's a enough day we may all end up Generals!"

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celtic_Punk View Post
    what is the unit in the first post? The Celtic Viking and I are tryin to figure it out lol
    I believe that is the new Sweboz general.

Hi

sorry for the late respond. Please be informed that Marian reformation has occured in my game (after conquering 86 settelments because I turned the number of settlements in script to that and for Imperial reformation I changed the year 30 years after Marian reformation. To concolusion I just chenged the year for Imperial reformation and changed the number of settlements for Marius reformation before installation of EB 1.2) and it has passed 3-4 years now.
    please let me know what I have to do to make the recuirement of Krete island back to normal.

I ll apperciate your help

I don't know. Possibly we've mixed up a Nomad province with Krete for the recruitment... Are you saying that it was correct for a time, and then became different? Or perhaps you've built up the MICs there recently and just didn't notice it before now?

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

With all the changes in the client rulers/generals, what happend if I adopt a general? Will cause a CTD if I play a battle with him?

Thanks in advance
    Completed campaigns:
    1.1 Quarthadastim
    1.1 Arverni

Actually playing:
    1.2 Koinon Hellenon

It should be okay. At least we asked the beta testers to adopt away, and none of them had any problems.

================
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    I don't know. Possibly we've mixed up a Nomad province with Krete for the recruitment... Are you saying that it was correct for a time, and then became different? Or perhaps you've built up the MICs there recently and just didn't notice it before now?
    Yes it was correct for its time (before installing EB 1.2) I could recruit Kretian archers within my city MICs but after installing it turned to nomadic.
    That would be kind of you, if you could write me how to change MICs functioning back to normal. I wonder if other guys have the same problem as well.

Ah, then my suspicions about your very rapid advancement was right. 1.2 is not savegame compatible with 1.1. It says so in the release announcement. You'll have to start a new campaign.

================
    ================

Ah, then my suspicions about your very rapid advancement was right. 1.2 is not savegame compatible with 1.1. It says so in the release announcement. You'll have to start a new campaign.
    This is not really pleasant to start new game after all I have done with Romani faction. Do you know a way to make kreten back to Hellenic (but not with uninstalling EB 1.2)? Or do you suggest to wait for EB 2?
    Anyway I say once again: EB is amazing and thank you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody - Somebody View Post
    This is not really pleasant to start new game [...]
    Is it more pleasant to continue a now-broken save?

[...] after all I have done with Romani faction.
    Well, lots of people well into 1.1 campaigns have decided to finish them before moving to 1.2. As Kurtis Blow once said: These -- are -- the breaks...

-Glee
    Sheer musical genius: Gould on Mozart

Balloons: ("Welcome to EB" from T.A.)

This is not really pleasant to start new game after all I have done with Romani faction. Do you know a way to make kreten back to Hellenic (but not with uninstalling EB 1.2)? Or do you suggest to wait for EB 2?
    Anyway I say once again: EB is amazing and thank you all.
    No. No. No. Thank you.

Just start a new campaign, using another faction might be a good variation too.

================
    ================

I'm sorry for not being here to help, but I'm glad you managed to get this version out in the open. The team never ceases to amaze.
    Last edited by Thaatu; 12-04-2008 at 17:16.

Finishing your campaign in an older EB version is probably the best way - thats my opinion at least. All late versions are awesome enough so its still a great experience even if there might be a newer and better version out. I'm also still continuing my 1.1 save game.

Another option would be to install EB 1.2 to a different folder and start a second campaign and then play both campaigns. Its too confusing though to RP two campaigns simultaniuosly - if you ask me...
    Men create the gods in their own image. (Xenophanes)
    Do not concern yourself with my origin, my race, or my ancestry. Seek my record in the pits, and then make your wager. (Arcanis)

Finished campaigns:
    RTW Seleucid Empire

The Exile - Basileion Kydonias AAR

will cities still vanish when i build a type IV gov. and then withdraw my general from the city?
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

Cities don't vanish.

================
    ================

very good in 1.1 they did (well they were still there, but like ghost-cities)

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    very good in 1.1 they did (well they were still there, but like ghost-cities)
    Can u explain this further?

when you build a type 4 governement and have the city ruled by a FM, it can happen, that when you withdraw this FM from the city, the city "disappears". What i mean is, that it becomes transparent on the strategymap, as if it was not your city. You still can click on it and build stuff etc., but if you want to see it "lighted up" like your other cities (incl. stuff like the visual display where you see that something is built or recruited in this city) you have to move a spy or a unit of soldiers near that city.

here's an up-to-date example from my Hayasdan Campaign (EB 1.1)

Last edited by SwissBarbar; 12-06-2008 at 20:48.

Quote Originally Posted by SwissBarbar View Post
    when you build a type 4 governement and have the city ruled by a FM, it can happen, that when you withdraw this FM from the city, the city "disappears". What i mean is, that it becomes transparent on the strategymap, as if it was not your city. You still can click on it and build stuff etc., but if you want to see it "lighted up" like your other cities (incl. stuff like the visual display where you see that something is built or recruited in this city) you have to move a spy or a unit of soldiers near that city.

here's an up-to-date example from my Hayasdan Campaign (EB 1.1)

That's a RTW bug and I think it is just chance that it happened to have anything to do with the client-ruler system in your instance. Move a family member to/from that town, it should reappear. If not, just wait and it will eventually gain its sight back.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    That's a RTW bug and I think it is just chance that it happened to have anything to do with the client-ruler system in your instance. Move a family member to/from that town, it should reappear. If not, just wait and it will eventually gain its sight back.

yes, you're right, if i move the FM back, the town appears. and if i remove the fm again it disappears again.

i asked because gov IV seem to be more important in EB1.2

Savaran Commander Member Hound of Ulster's Avatar

Is this version of EB mod-foldered?
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Ar nDuctas' O'Dougherty clan motto

'In Peace, sons bury thier fathers; In War, fathers bury thier sons' Thucydides

'Forth Eorlingas!' motto of the Riders of Rohan

'dammit, In for a Penny, In for a Pound!' the Duke of Wellington

what-foldered?

Quote Originally Posted by Hound of Ulster View Post
    Is this version of EB mod-foldered?
    Yes, EB v1.2 is completely mod-foldered.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    I suppose its only trivial (considering the new Client System anyway), but the only time I've had a city "disappear" was when I moved a client ruler out of Kabalaka as Hayastan (I was seeing how far I could march him into AS territory for some reason).

Who knows the mysterious ways of RomeTW.exe ?

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

Sorry if this has been asked, but this thread has something like 5-6 pages and I do not have time to read all of it (Search Function did not find anything), so here is the question: Is it OK if I have modded EDU when I install 1.2? Would the changed units stats affect 1.2? I have backups and I could replace the modded version with the backups, but I would like for the stats to remain the same in 1.2 without having to go through and mod them again.

Also, I was going to install Darth Stalin's Cohors Evocata/Imperial Cohort/Imperial Gallic Helmet skin fix on my 1.1, which I am still playing since I have to finish my Romani campaign. So, will that cause any incompatibility with 1.2? Or does 1.2 actually fix that problem by itself, meaning that the skin fix will cause incompatibilities?

The EDU is overwritten when you install 1.2. If you put the old one back, you will have an inconsistent installation. Finish your campaigns on 1.1 before upgrading to 1.2, you'll have to start a new campaign then as it is savegame incompatible. As for which submods that are compatible with 1.2, you'll have to see what is said in each of those.

================
    ================

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

If you put the old one back, you will have an inconsistent installation.
    So the EDU has been changed in 1.2?

Also, did 1.2 fix those skin inconsistencies (Cohors Evocata and Cohors Imperatoria)?

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast