Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: EB 1.2 released

Default Re: EB 1.2 released

Yes, it's changed. I don't remember if anything was done about them. Perhaps the release notes has something about it, most of the changes are listed there.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Russia/Europe in the summer, Florida rest of the time

What are you talking about? EDU, the two skins or both?

I checked the release notes, and nothing seems to be there about the Cohors Evocata/Imperatoria skin fix. Does anyone else know? C'mon, I'm sure there are plenty of people playing 1.2 right now!!!

I was talking about both, in succession.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Correct about that being the new Sweboz general. And good luck when you have to fight them. Swabian Body Guards are powerful foes.

Quote Originally Posted by bovi View Post
    Unfortunately, we cannot have different portraits from the regular ones of your faction. Also we cannot choose their names, so they will get names from the faction you control.
    So there's no way that this can/will be changed in the future? It was awkward when my new Carthaginian-installed tyrant of Syracuse had the name of something like Bodashqurt.
    Otherwise, the client system seems to be pretty nice.
    Balloons collected:
    Campaigns completed: Vanilla Armenia, Vanilla BI Western Roman Empire and Berbers

No, no chance. We'd have to go back to the old implementation to get there. This new implementation is conceptually worse, but seems to be more stable.

================
    ================

maybe this was already reported

torrent for 700+ mB file (EB1.1.exe) is dead.
    Torrent file that can be downloaded from EB homepage has only sumotracker (down), although the file is tracked on few other trackers (no seeds at any though).
    Currently downloading from filefront (slow), will seed (if files match).

You should update homepage torrent with additional reliable trackers.
    Last edited by kisli; 01-12-2009 at 16:36.

I thought that was done automatically when I added them in the client? At least, it shows seeds for me using those other trackers. I'll put up a new torrent file with the other trackers.

Edit: Hope I've done it right. Try now.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-13-2009 at 08:52.

================
    ================

So ...finally
    After years of ignoring EB after playing an old version which wasn't good in my opinion (0.8)
    I managed to download and install EB a second time, because I read only positive comments on this Mod ...and it is just awesome ! No other Mod can reach this awesome work ...
    And now I have to post here ...thank you for this mod.
    But there is one thing I cannot get along with ...I play with Epeiros an conquered Sicily, south italy, grecce and parts asia minor (dont know the name in English)
    But ..all was great until ...lusotanan (because i can't spell it right, i will write iberian from now on)
    They managed to defeat Carthagians in Spain (ok this is not unusual I think) but then these barbarians were doing a campaign I couldn't imagine ...they eliminate arverni AND aedui they gained whole gaule. And now they are pushing back both sweboz and the romans ... I am very sick about this ...I was happy to imagine how my phalangitai march into the heart of europe defeating all these barbarians and slave them into protectorates
    Now I keep my eyes on conquering the east ...but there is a similarity to the west, one superpower destroys the others ...the Ptolomai have eastern asia minor, the whole middleeast ...they even got India ! seleucids have just one settlement left, saaba and hayasdan are both protectorats of this diadochi state which should have stayed in egypt, and pontos was eliminated around 250bc ..no its 209 BC. And the stupid romans aren't going to become a superpower ...they just try to gain my settlements in south italy which they can't take because i defend them very good ....ARGH

So after being a bit frustrated, I read the 1.2 notes for the first time ...
    iberian mimosity now fixed blabla;
    I dont want to offense your great work but ... I think you helped them too much
    Do factions have any advantages when they are going to be destroyed ? Some bonuses when just 1 settlement is left ?
    And are you planning to do some work on somekind of patch or new version ?

So ...good luck and best wishes for EB II

and sorry for my crappy English, I'm German
    Last edited by Friedrich Barbarossa; 01-13-2009 at 17:52.

I think you may have not started the background script?

Anyway, we did not make any balancing changes to Lusotannan. We only changed that they are likely to go to war with Carthage, rather than Pontus (which was rather useless). It's great that they for once managed to do well.

================
    ================

This is probably a stupid question, but when you install 1.2 does the version number change in the main menu. Mine still says 1.1 even though I installed 1.2.

Also, is it possible that I installed 1.2 wrong? I as this because of what I mentioned above, but also because when I build a type IV government it still spawns a client ruler. I installed the 1.2 file in the same folder as my 1.1 installation along this file path (C:\Users\*myusername*\Games\Rome - Total War\EB.

Check your EB folder, if that itself contains an EB folder you've installed it wrong. Delete the latter EB folder and install EB1.2 in C:\Users\*myusername*\Games\Rome - Total War.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

That must have been what it was, I re-installed and everything is good now. Thanks.

In previous version of EB I was able to assassinate family members...now - there's no way for doing that (only some sgents). The biggest chance of success for my assassinate was 8%, and he was agent lvl10.

How can I fix that??? 'Cause Assassins are becoming completely useless...

You could add an effect of negative personal security on the UnitSize trait levels I suppose. That will affect all generals.

================
    ================

1. So, if general has less bodyguards - it's easier to kill him? In M2TW there was a file which you could edit and it gives a greater chance for success of your agents - assassinss, spies and merchants - is there anything similar here, or do I have to reduce the No of bodyguards?

2. I'm playing with Macedons, and I'm having 24-30 horsemen with my general, while Seleukids, Pontic, Epirus are having 30-50 bodyguards. Is this suppose to be like that?

Btw, thanks for your last answer.

AI generals are awarded influence much more easily than your own FM's. Influence apparently has effect on the size of the bodyguard, as well as the personal security of the general.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Is it possible to make some building that would be able to convert Huge city into your culture? That would be very usefull, because this way you have to hurry to conquer some far away cities, if you want to avoid public disorder...and it would look more nice! For example building costs same as the imperial palace, but needs 20 turns...

No, not possible.

================
    ================

pitty...thanks for answer!

On a tree-covered mountain in Anniston, Alabama, USA

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaj Drevni View Post
    1. So, if general has less bodyguards - it's easier to kill him? In M2TW there was a file which you could edit and it gives a greater chance for success of your agents - assassinss, spies and merchants - is there anything similar here, or do I have to reduce the No of bodyguards?
    export_descr_character_traits is the file you seek. GoodAssassin and GoodSpy are the traits that give your agent his chance of success.

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!
    -- Aristophanes, if he played EB

But remember that opening export_descr_character_traits with plain windows notepad will crash your EB. You need Notepad+ or similar program to alter this file.

On a tree-covered mountain in Anniston, Alabama, USA

Right. I just use Wordpad. It's export_VnVs that is the real bear.

Ah! the Generals! they are numerous, but not good for much (especially if they're Languorous)!
    -- Aristophanes, if he played EB

I play Rome on the hardeste difficulty that I could choose in the game. After 30 turns I was surprised that I don't get any resistance.

I have not seen or met any rebel units. The Gauls north from rome is not doing anything. They just stay in town. Safot Softim Biqarthadast on sicilia is also not doing anything. They don't even move there troops around on sicilia. Only the Greeks attack me a little bit in the start of the game.

I only get in battle when I attack because the enemy does not attack me.

Is that normal in 1.2 ?

You're only 30 turns in the game... That's less that 8 years... of course that's normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mediolanicus View Post
    You're only 30 turns in the game... That's less that 8 years... of course that's normal.
    Ok, But that was not normal in the old EB. Normally Safot Softim Biqarthadast attack the other cities on sicilia.

I Will try to play some more turns.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pomse View Post
    I play Rome on the hardeste difficulty that I could choose in the game. After 30 turns I was surprised that I don't get any resistance.

I have not seen or met any rebel units. The Gauls north from rome is not doing anything. They just stay in town. Safot Softim Biqarthadast on sicilia is also not doing anything. They don't even move there troops around on sicilia. Only the Greeks attack me a little bit in the start of the game.

I only get in battle when I attack because the enemy does not attack me.

Is that normal in 1.2 ?
    Have you started the backround script? Without the script, the AI will go broke and do nothing.

To activate the script click on one of your towns, then click on the advisor's picture in the top left, then click the "show me how" button. This must be done ever time you start a new game or load a saved game.

If the script is active, then it just may be random chance that has slowed your AI.

I took some generals when I played with Makedonia and won more then 10 battles - yet my general was only good tactician +1 command and the other thing that gives +1 command. He was Sharp/Scharismatic/Vigorous, but that didn't get him anywhere. When I looked in descr_character_traits, I saw that treshold was set too high. I mean 64 for legendary commander? I think that's impossible (correct me if I'm wrong).
    When I edited descr_character_traits, it crashes the game. So how can I edit teh file?? (I have wordpad)

p.s. suggestion - you should make that if your general (with let's say 2 stars) fights an enemy general (with 8 stars) and wins, and the battle ratio is 1:1 (or tougher for you), that you always recieve +1 or +2 command (upgrade in command stars...). What do you think?

It's much harder to get command stars in EB than in RTW Vanilla.

AI generals get 5 stars or so from the EB script (or another file, I'm not sure).

This is because AI generals always suicidally charge into your lines. This way they'll live longer and boost nearby units to give you a harder fight.

AI got bonusses, you (are supposed to) have the brains.

Command stars are not important if you don't use your generals as Kamikazes. It's morale traits that are important. Check your generals on those.
    Which doesn't mean it's impossible to have lost of Command starts. I have an 8, a 6 and a 5 star general in my campaign, but that's nothing compared to their morale boosters.

Quote Originally Posted by Frequently Encountered Issues Thread
    I'm trying to mod EDCT and any tiny change I do means the game crashes.

Stop using Notepad to edit Unicode files, it has no idea how to treat those.
    Get a free Unicode-aware editor. There are lots available, but Crimson or Notepad++ should be sufficient. Google them.
    I think that wordpad can't edit Unicode files either.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 02-08-2009 at 12:33.

have a problem. I noticed alot of my Roman FM get the trait Pedantic. 1 year in Roman academies and they all turn into pedantic scholars.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast