Thread: new idea for eb 2

Default new idea for eb 2

hi. this should not be high priority either, but I will remind you anyway.
    In other mods they have made new skies. Lots of different new skies. And they will make the feeling of playing another game than normal rtw. And it makes new atmosphere.

pictures from realism mod (eb is much better):

Default Re: new idea for eb 2

That's a bit of a problem since our skies guy is indefinitely inactive.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

but maybe you can ask someone from another mod if they can do it. or if they can borrow us some skies. like Invasio Barbarorum. They asked us for a wall, and maybe they can give us some skies if they have some.

it was just meant so that you can put it on a list of things to have. maybe in a patch or something.

Please tell me it's just my stupidity; but what does a skymod for RTW add to EB II which is for M2TW?

Seeing as we already got a perfectly good skymod for RTW included with EB I... I'm failing to see the point?

EDIT: That is to say if M2TW uses virtually the same thing as RTW for skies, then we can use our EB1 work; if it does not we will have to wait until either someone releases such a skymod to the public...
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 11-22-2008 at 16:38.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Prefect of Judea (former) Member Pontius Pilate's Avatar

yes, new skies would definitely add much more atmosphere to the game. although, you would have to come up with new ones for the MTW2 engine and can't use any from RTW mods. but since this isn't a top priority, the skies might have to wait, maybe they would be an update once EB II comes out. by the way, the skies in the pictures look very nice, although maybe a little too dramatic? is that from RTR?
    SPQR SPQR

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

LS is the best! LS is the best! Come on people sing along!!

yeah. I diddnt like them very much, but the only pictures if found from rtr. look at that strange mountaint. Its in bactria. btw, I couldnt open them in imageshack. Are you also having problems with that?
    Last edited by ludwag; 11-23-2008 at 00:17.

EB1 has batter skies you know.

does eb have skies?

Prefect of Judea (former) Member Pontius Pilate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ludwag View Post
    yeah. I diddnt like them very much, but the only pictures if found from rtr. look at that strange mountaint. Its in bactria. btw, I couldnt open them in imageshack. Are you also having problems with that?
    yeah, that mountain is really weird. makes the scene look a bit epic though. no I don't have problems with imageshack, well, none that I know of.
    SPQR SPQR

LS is the best! LS is the best! Come on people sing along!!

How did that mountain get that shape? Are the rtr guys just very unproffesional? It looks cool though. I like the picture.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

How did that mountain get that shape? Are the rtr guys just very unproffesional? It looks cool though. I like the picture.
    the mattahorn perhaps?
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Do you just write things without thinking about them? Insulting another modding team on our forums is a good way of getting yourself a bad rep.

Thread closed because question has been answered.

Foot
    Last edited by Foot; 11-24-2008 at 00:36.
    EBII Mod Leader
    Hayasdan Faction Co-ordinator