Thread: Temples

Default Temples

I'd like to point out a pretty big error that has yet to be resolved: in anchent cities (although they may be consacrated to a deity) there was always more than just one temple, I don't think i need examples for this, as almost every european can confirm that in his city there are more than one anchent temple (if the city is old) or church (if not) so i was hoping the EB team could maybe put more than one temple for city, and sorry if htis has already been asked but i can't read every single post.
    PS of course it may be hard-coded but still......

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Thumbs up Re: Temples

Little boy, you vastly underestimate the EB team's superior intelligent. Do you honestly think that they, educated archeologists and historians, wouldn't know there would be multiple temples in a single settlement? To be honest, it sounds as if you're trying to take advantage of multiple temple bonuses, i.e. cheating.

Anyways, let's wait for an answer from an EB member to see how they're thinking of implementing this thought into EB2.

Default Re: Temples

Oh and of course an old vet like yourself wouldn't understand that i was asking aside from wonders if it was possible and if it is why in no mod they have done it.....but i don't understand your reply are saiyng thy can't and hence increased the bonuses in each temple? or what?
    PS i know they knew that's why i said i don't need examples........

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Lol. I was joking, that's why there's a little clown-smiley () in my response. Anyways, I wanna see how the EB Team will deal with this in EB2.

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

The EB team has already explained many times that the temple you can build only represents the major god worshipped in the city, not meaning that it´s the only temple in the entire city.

Some members have hinted that this will be dealt with differently in EB2.
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

Unless a major-screwup happens, the temple system in EB2 will be different.
    "Debating with someone on the Internet is like mudwrestling with a pig. You get filthy and the pig loves it"
    Shooting down abou's Seleukid ideas since 2007!

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The one god per town in EB1 was a hold-over from vanilla. After all the work that went into traits and ancillaries that deal with indivual gods, it would be hard to rework the entire temple system. But since EB2 requires the whole system to be reworked anyways, it will be reworked differently then EB1. And remember that M2TW temples work differently than RTW temples, with each religion having only one choice of temple, which vanishes when another religion conquers the town.

I've thought about making a minimod that changes temples in EB1 so that each culture has its own temple with overlap in cultures that would assimilate other's gods. Like one temple complex for Hellenic/Roman/Phoenician/Egyptian gods, one complex for Zoroastrianism, one complex for Gallic/Iberian/Germanic gods, and one for steppe religion. But the complexity of the traits and ancillaries has scared me off.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 12-07-2008 at 22:52.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    And remember that M2TW temples work differently than RTW temples, with each religion having only one choice of temple, which vanishes when another religion conquers the town.
    That begs the question: how many religions can be put into the game?

Man, I can`t wait to see the role of religion in EB2, considering it has a much larger impact on gameplay in M2TW. This`ll turn out awesome, I`m sure...

EDIT:
    Last edited by Megas Methuselah; 12-08-2008 at 05:21.