Thread: Map Preview: South America and the Caribeean

Default Map Preview: South America and the Caribeean

In late June, our head mapper, Tommyknocker, began rebuilding the map, realizing after his prior experience on Stainless Steel that it was important for gameplay to incorporate the settlements before implementing the terrain. At the time, he was also unhappy with the previous results that had been achieved with blocky coastlines, overly steep mountains and the lack of lakes and rivers.
    Therefore, here are some screenshots of completed regions in South America and the Caribbean, showing every settlement so far placed in the game. Factions have not yet been implemented in these shots, so don't worry. We'll do something about all those English. . .

Colombia

Northern Andes

Western Venezuela

Eastern Venezuela

Orinoco(navigable) & Trinidad

Southern Lesser Antilles

Northern Lesser Antilles

Puerto Rico

Hispaniola

Jamaica and Cuba

Northern Cuba

Bahamas

Bermuda

Special thanks should also go to our second mapper, Icefrisco, for his role in settlement placement. You'll be seeing a preview of Central America sometime in the near future.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Read my Aedui AAR-"Across the Waters: A Story of the Migration"
    And the sequel "Sword of Albion"

Default Re: Map Preview: South America and the Caribeean

Excellent maps. This is my first post on the org though I have been lurking for a while. I must say that this looks like it will be a great mod. Good work!

Excellent map, my regards to TK and the rest over at The Frontier.

I do worry about the high settlement density, but I suppose balancing comes later.

Impressive. :)

@Pakal: Welcome to the .Org and thanks for your kind words. Progress has been somewhat slower than we had expected, but they say haste makes waste, so maybe that's not bad.
    @Fuzz:Thanks, I'm sure Tommy will be happy to hear that. As for settlement density, I'm sure things will be changed somewhat, but all told we've tried to represent things as to their historical importance. That said, changes to the settlement line-up will probably be made on a historical basis. The density will be far different out on the Plains, trust me.
    “He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.”-Proverbs 16:32

Well, historical is always the way to go.

Very keen on seeing your teams' work on the Plains, based on how good this is!

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Very nice map. You're making good progress it seems!

A mod which includes the America has always interested me so I will be keeping a close eye opn this mod. Good luck!

Thanks, we'll need all the luck we can get.

Smile Re: Map Preview: South America and the Caribeean

Great map.
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.