Argh. I am sick of fighting feild battles against armies with artillary. In the field I think that they are way overpowered. Even if I refrain from using them, my enemies still will. I am playing mods that give the AI huge cash scripts, but I would like to remove or reduce the AI's ability to use siege eqipment and cannons.

I am not quite sure what files/lines to change. Should I remove the seige buildings from the game or make their recruitment zero? Is there a way to have other functions for the seige buldings if I leave them in like bonuses to law and happiness? Is there a way for only the player to recruit siege weapons and cannon like putting the recruitment to two turns? At two turns will this ensure that the AI will never build seige weapons?

Do you think that the AI will be affected on the campaign map without access to seige equipment? I am unsure what part they play in auto-calc battles. I know that without seige equipment my feild battles wont be so bothersome. What are some other ways that you would recomend on how to remove or greatly reduce the AI's use of seige equipment and cannons. Thanks.