Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Testudo Legionaries

Ming the Merciless is my idol Senior Member Watchman's Avatar

Default Re: Testudo Legionaries

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    You know, I would one up you except I can't find the video of Bradley IFVs fighting Nazgul on youtube.
    "Putting the 'armour' back into 'armoured cavalry'", huh...?
    Last edited by Watchman; 01-12-2009 at 20:01.
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

-Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Shhh, don't give him ideas. Banzai'll probably put Nazgul, Bradleys, Jedi Knights and Rowdy Roddy Piper into this mod before he's done. I think he said flamethrowing wooly mammoths are next.
    οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
    Even as are the generations of leaves, such are the lives of men.
    Glaucus, son of Hippolochus, Illiad, 6.146

64,8 stadies from the east bank of the scaldis

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn-Khaldun View Post
    Finally a unit that does not have to worry about archers and slingers!
    actually i can see slingers do some serious damage against those guys
    you know the whole no red squishy meat stuff that protects the bone against the breaking force of a stone coming in against several kilometers an hour
    i would say that these guys are the ultimate weapon of the romans against the phalanx
    i mean where would you prick these guys with your long pointy stick

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Hmmm...is it just me or would those guys be pummeled by elephants?
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

"Club dudes... to the front!"

I'm surprised nobody's yet pointed out the most obvious counter, either - doggies! "Let loose the dogs of war!"
    "Let us remember that there are multiple theories of Intelligent Design. I and many others around the world are of the strong belief that the universe was created by a Flying Spaghetti Monster. --- Proof of the existence of the FSM, if needed, can be found in the recent uptick of global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters. Apparently His Pastaness is to be worshipped in full pirate regalia. The decline in worldwide pirate population over the past 200 years directly corresponds with the increase in global temperature. Here is a graph to illustrate the point."

Not your friend Member General Appo's Avatar
    As far away from you as possible. Scuzzbucket.

Ahem.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    /me releases the hounds. :-p
    The Appomination

I don't come here a lot any more. You know why? Because you suck. That's right, I'm talking to you. Your annoying attitude, bad grammar, illogical arguments, false beliefs and pathetic attempts at humour have driven me and many other nice people from this forum. You should feel ashamed. Report here at once to recieve your punishment. Scumbag.

What happened to this thread? I asked a very serious question to a very serious issue, whether the testudo would be in EBII.

Also I am very proud of my katyusha rocket batteries; both fighting with and against.
    Last edited by Banzai!; 01-13-2009 at 05:26.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Thumbs down Re: Testudo Legionaries

Banzai, if you ever did a quick search or actually bothered to read other threads like an intelligent person would, you might have noticed the EB Team's knack at claiming "We don't know at this time" in answer to the many questions regarding Roman units. IMPO, I believe it to be safe to assume that as an answer to your stupid question.

Remember, stupid questions deserve stupid answers, be it spam or otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
    Banzai, if you ever did a quick search or actually bothered to read other threads like an intelligent person would, you might have noticed the EB Team's knack at claiming "We don't know at this time" in answer to the many questions regarding Roman units. IMPO, I believe it to be safe to assume that as an answer to your stupid question.

Remember, stupid questions deserve stupid answers, be it spam or otherwise.
    Ouch Meth. That was harsh. What happened to you man, you used to be about peace, love and spam.

Biotechnlogy Student Member ||Lz3||'s Avatar

Don't listen to him, he was probably joking... Your work is awesome Banzai

About your question, I'm not sure, I bet the EB team doesn't know yet heheh, so I wouldn't wait for an answer now hehe. Your question was not stupid.
    Last edited by ||Lz3||; 01-13-2009 at 09:47.
    Spoken languages:

Mini-mod pack for EB 1.2 for Alexander and RTW
    (just download it and apply to get tons of changes!) last update: 18/12/08 here
    ALEXANDER EB promoter

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

well Benzai to be honest (now that I looked), even though the testudo is clearly innovative, and I like the idea of porting a testudo into M2TW, it has one small problem (judging by the pics): the testudo is ineffective-the men seem to be keeling over. Is it possible to alter bonuses per formation in M2TW, or is it hardcoaded? if hardcoaded (I suspect so), the I'm afraid it won't work in M2TW.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

It is hard coded but Testudo is in the engine I believe.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12