Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Empire Total War system requirements

Default Re: Empire Total War system requirements

hey satch that is my motherboard :) thnx for the info

i buy from my mate who has his own mini buisniss so i get wholesale. so i can get the 4760 for 120$ AUD
    which is the 512. i think the 4830 is quite a bit more expensive and i dont wanna spend alot of money cos im a bit strapped for cash.

is there any real difference between the ATI and the MSI card. i get confused but iirc there both radeon cards but the GPU on the ATI is an AMD and hte GPU on the MSI is and MSI one. is this correct? is there any difference?

Cheers knoddy
    "How come i cant make friends like that"
    "You need to get out more"
    "Im in another galaxy, how much more out can i get"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Beane View Post
    I'd say that will probably run the game on Medium graphics.
    Thanks, I guess I'll find out in a month.

Quote Originally Posted by knoddy View Post
    hey satch that is my motherboard :) thnx for the info

i buy from my mate who has his own mini buisniss so i get wholesale. so i can get the 4760 for 120$ AUD
    which is the 512. i think the 4830 is quite a bit more expensive and i dont wanna spend alot of money cos im a bit strapped for cash.

is there any real difference between the ATI and the MSI card. i get confused but iirc there both radeon cards but the GPU on the ATI is an AMD and hte GPU on the MSI is and MSI one. is this correct? is there any difference?

Cheers knoddy
    Not really how things work. AMD own ATi, who design the graphics cards and manufacture the graphics chip. The assembly and sales are then done by vendors like MSI, Sapphire etc. The cards will be mostly the same as the reference designs made by ATi, they follow the same blueprint. The differences are normally just in the RAM used and the aesthetics of the product (different colout PCB, different GPU cooler etc.).

You'll be buying a card from someone like MSI or Sapphire, very few people get their hands on ATi reference cards (pretty much just reviewers and the vendors). The differences between vendors are pretty minor.

ah k sweet thnx again for explaining. Ill probs go for the 4670 with 512 but ill look into the 4830 and see wot sort of cost it will set me back.

thanks for the help mate

cheers Knoddy

I just got a new laptop for school. Was wondering what your opinion on it was as far as running ETW goes.

Vista
    Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.2Ghz
    4GB RAM
    Here's what I'm nervous about: Intel GMA X3100

The GMA meets the shader (3.0) and RAM (512mb) requirements, but I still have heard some iffy stuff about it. Anyone here have any input? I don't know much about video cards. Thanks.

looks fine cept for the card i honestly have no idea bout it never seen it b4.

Exclamation Re: Empire Total War system requirements

am getting mine by STEAM ,, as were i am from MALTA it takes 10 days to come if i order from play.com ,, so am happy getting it on the 3rd :):)

i am new to steam this will be my first buy ,, i woder how long it will take to download,, anyone has an idea????????

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Steam generally goes at the maximum you normally download.

I normally download 450kb/ps, thats what I get on steam. That goes at about 1gig per hour, so adjust for your speed/empire's size.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lubey View Post
    Here's what I'm nervous about: Intel GMA X3100
    Thats an integrated graphics card.

The memory at 512 MB isn't really 512MB iirc, it just use your Ram (or HD) space to act as graphics memory.

Anyways, its going to be kind of iffy whether that laptop can run the game. I'd start praying as soon as the installation finishes that the game works....
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Do you think it will run with my specs?

3 Gigs RAM
    2 Gigs Processor (dual core)

My vid card is ok, but I am wondering about the processor speed. It is only 2 gigs, but it is dual core, and the specs say 2.4 single core. You think they will let me at least try to run it? :P Also, I got more memory than is needed, so that can help.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Will an AMD athlon 64 X2 4200+ be enough processing power? It is the only part of my system I am not sure about.

The Laughing Knight Member Sir Beane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Do you think it will run with my specs?

3 Gigs RAM
    2 Gigs Processor (dual core)

My vid card is ok, but I am wondering about the processor speed. It is only 2 gigs, but it is dual core, and the specs say 2.4 single core. You think they will let me at least try to run it? :P Also, I got more memory than is needed, so that can help.
    You should be able to run the game fine with those specs, don't expect to be able to manage high graphics or really large battles without slowdown however.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    Will an AMD athlon 64 X2 4200+ be enough processing power? It is the only part of my system I am not sure about.

I think this is probably fine. You'll probably want to get a second opinion though.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . By your powers combined I am!
    . ----------------------

You should be able to run the game fine with those specs, don't expect to be able to manage high graphics or really large battles without slowdown however.

I think this is probably fine. You'll probably want to get a second opinion though.
    Thanks Sir Beane. I just wasn't sure if the low number could cut it.
    Hammer, anvil, forge and fire, chase away The Hoofed Liar. Roof and doorway, block and beam, chase The Trickster from our dreams.
    Vigilance is our shield, that protects us from our squalid past. Knowledge is our weapon, with which we carve a path to an enlightened future.

Everything you need to know about Kadagar_AV:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadagar_AV View Post
    In a racial conflict I'd have no problem popping off some negroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vuk View Post
    Thanks Sir Beane. I just wasn't sure if the low number could cut it.
    While it might be a low number on the face of it, both cores working together should push the power over 3.0 Ghz at least. Of course if ETW does not support multi-core processors then you (and many others) are sadly going to be disappointed.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Yeah that GMA barely runs Medieval 2. Luckily I have another laptop I'm pretty sure will run it.

Good, thanks.

I reside in the state of North Carolina and sometimes Johannesburg South Africa.

I'm in a position to be worried. I have a laptop that is at the top of it's upgrade level. It meets the minimum requirements with the possible exception of the CPU. I have a dual-core 1.6GHz CPU. (this is the part that worries me)

also

2GB of RAM
    GeForce Go 7400 which I think meets the video card requirement.
    more than half of a 140GB hard drive.

Can anyone tell me if this system will play ETW?

I'm getting ready to deploy to Iraq and don't want to buy the game if I can't play it until I get back in 2010. That would just drive me crazy.

Thanks

SG
    A weapon is a tool for changing an enemy's mind.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would think that it would struggle a lot on low specs. Even if both cores are utilised, it won't be running any big battles.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

I reside in the state of North Carolina and sometimes Johannesburg South Africa.

I'm expecting it to struggle. I just wanted to know if it would run it even on the lowest settings. Nice to have some entertainment that can make me forget about work for a bit when I'm a long way from home and work is all have to look forward to for a year or more. When I get back I'm buying a kick-butt gaming desktop, but don't want to buy a new laptop just before I leave.

Thanks.

SG
    A weapon is a tool for changing an enemy's mind.

you could try the demo and see how u go it should be out soonish.

umm..yeah. the Intel GMA x3100 is a very poor video card. If you can't upgrade, I would say you're either running on lowest settings and still some lag, or no playing at all. But that's just me, I can't stand lag

Quote Originally Posted by peacemaker View Post
    umm..yeah. the Intel GMA x3100 is a very poor video card. If you can't upgrade, I would say you're either running on lowest settings and still some lag, or no playing at all. But that's just me, I can't stand lag
    Ok thanks. I have another laptop that'll probably run it.

Antwerp for the moment and before that Arklow, Dublin, London, Lyon, Munich and .. well here and there basicly

Talking Re: Empire Total War system requirements

I'm hoping to play it decently enough can't wait to try it out :), and if it doesn't run smooth enough I'll have to wait for a couple of months for a new machine

hoping for the best
    New lords, new laws

No path of flowers leads to glory, mine is paved with blood and gore

Default AW: Empire Total War system requirements

Hi,

I´m thinking about uprading my graphics card for ETW. I´m using a GF 8600 GT (256 MB) at the moment.

Should I go for a Radeon HD 4870?

Or rather a HD 4850X2, which costs nearly the same?

Bonus question: Is my power supply (500 W) sufficient?

Hey,
    I didnt know where to put this post sorry and I kinda need some help. I am having some I think graphics issues and I was wondering if I could message someone who knows alot about that and tell and show them the problem I am having. I suppose I could just say it on here and you could give your opinion.
    The problem I am having is that I am getting alot of little black squares or different color squares that pop up really fast when I play almost all of my games. There are lots of little squares that are really fast that just pop up all over. I updated my drivers and still nothing. Anyone got any ideas? Again sorry I didnt know where to post this.

Default AW: Empire Total War system requirements

If it´s not a software problem, you should check the temperature of your system. Cleaning the fans may help.

hmmm i wonder if i can run it on my PC, just ordered collectors edition

Specs:
    Intel e8400 3ghz overclocked to 4ghz
    4gb dd2 ram 1066mhz
    300gb velociraptor 10krpm
    4870x2 2gb
    24" screen 1920x1200

Quote Originally Posted by wolf999 View Post
    hmmm i wonder if i can run it on my PC, just ordered collectors edition

Specs:
    Intel e8400 3ghz overclocked to 4ghz
    4gb dd2 ram 1066mhz
    300gb velociraptor 10krpm
    4870x2 2gb
    24" screen 1920x1200
    You'll have no problems at all with those specs. I imagine you'll be able to run the game on very high settings with no lag.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

You'll have no problems at all with those specs. I imagine you'll be able to run the game on very high settings with no lag.
    actully im running medieval 2(+kingdom) with these specs and im getting bugs and the game is crashing when im trying to load a saved game or going into a fight(battle map) and whenever i open the game i get some error from microsoft framework or something like that but i just skip that.
    Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf999 View Post
    actully im running medieval 2(+kingdom) with these specs and im getting bugs and the game is crashing when im trying to load a saved game or going into a fight(battle map) and whenever i open the game i get some error from microsoft framework or something like that but i just skip that.
    Any ideas?
    All I can say is that it probably doesn't have anything to do with the power of your hardware. It sounds like it could be a bad install. Are you running any mods? They can often cause crashes and bugs. Post a detailed description of your problem in the Tech Support forum or the Medieval 2 Fourm. They will be able to help you more than I can.

~ I LOVE DEMOS ~

. -- ---------- --
    . ----------------------

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast