Thread: Steam

Blue Eyed Samurai Senior Member Wishazu's Avatar

Default Steam

Ok, so we need Steam to play Empire right? I don`t have Steam on my laptop at the moment but I do have an old copy of Half Life 2. Should I reinstall Half Life in order to have Steam before Empire is released? Can I just download Steam from somewhere?

I`m only asking because I only ever used Steam for playing Half Life 2 and Counter Strike Source and that was years ago. I`m not familiar with it anymore.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Blue eyes for our samurai
    Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    For your home is now the Org
    By Gregoshi

The Abominable Senior Member Hexxagon Champion Monk's Avatar

Default Re: Steam

There's a link to download the steam client here. Look for the green text on the left side of the screen.
    Last edited by Monk; 01-25-2009 at 11:45.

Thanks Monk. I`ll check it out right away.
    "Wishazu does his usual hero thing and slices all the zombies to death, wiping out yet another horde." - Askthepizzaguy, Resident Evil: Dark Falls

"Move not unless you see an advantage; use not your troops unless there is something to be gained; fight not unless the position is critical"
    Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi

You dont need to own any steam games to download and install steam so just go ahead...

You dont need to buy the game on steam either it will be enough to register it ( which is good news as steam got expensive since theyve converted to € ... )

regards

TGI
    Last edited by tgi01; 01-25-2009 at 16:26.

I think I will just install from my copy of Half Life 2 as the only net connection I have is a local free one which is sooooooooooooooooo slow . Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Sun Tzu the Art of War

Red blood for his sword
    Your ronin days are over
    By Gregoshi