Thread: A Thank You and a Question about Geishas

Default A Thank You and a Question about Geishas

Hello,

first of all I'd like to say thank you for creating such an excellent mod. Recently I pulled out my copy of Shogun: Warlord Edition and tried playing it...but it just didn't feel right. And then I came across this mod - it has everything I ever wanted: lots of clans, more units, political marriages, ships, etc, etc.

So, thank you.

The only thing which confused me a bit was the geishas concept. I've searched the forum, but found no definite answer: as I understand geishas were removed from the game, but the latest beta release states that they are actually included, but not sure what to do with them. So, can they be built in the game? If so, how (I tried doing it via the old Shogun tech tree)? Can they be used? I think basing them on Inquisitors is a great idea, since geishas are a very special kind of assassin and need to infiltrate the household and the trust of their target...so the higher his piety is, the less likely he is to admit them to his household, or hire them at all (which is unhistorical generalizing of course, but makes sense) – so why this was not adopted? Or was it and I just don’t know how to build geishas?

Thank you once again,

Andrew

Default Re: A Thank You and a Question about Geishas

The Geisha in Samurai Warlords is like the inquisitor in MTW. The Geisha is trained with the infamous teahouse. Better Geisha are trained with the famous teahouse and the legendary teahouse. Here is a download link for the tech tree provided by Dale which shows the prerequisites for buildings.

Samurai Warlords Tech Tree

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and the tech tree – it’s exceptionally helpful. So geishas can be built too – this mod is perfect.

I’ve built the geisha unit/agent, but can’t assassinate with her (can’t drop her on other units) – I thought this was due to all factions being Orthodox, but then I can still build geishas/inquisitors. Is there something else I should know about using them (i.e. another prerequisite or date or something?)

Many thanks in advance for your help,

Andrew

The Geisha is used to shift a province to orthodox religion. If the orthodox percentage is low to start, the Geisha may initiate and investigation which can result in executions. You cannot directly assassinate with the Geisha as that capability in STW made the unit too powerful.

Incidentally, you may want to eliminate ships from the mod because you can easily outplay the naval AI. Also, I would recommend getting rid of the xbow unit and the kensai. The kensai is especially bad because it's impossible to properly play balance single man units in this combat system.
    Last edited by Puzz3D; 02-03-2009 at 04:02.

_________Designed to match Original STW gameplay.

Beta 8 + Beta 8.1 patch + New Maps + Sound add-on + Castles 2