Thread: Economy

Default Economy

Hello

i was wondernig, is the economy modable ? i mean, import/export; coins; food/natural resources.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

Default Re: Economy

Some parts of it, but it is not extremely moddable.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    Some parts of it, but it is not extremely moddable.
    Thx for your reply.

Can you trace back from where your imports are coming? If so, imagine this scenario, you control the city A and this city needs a lot of food coming from other region, say B. Now this B region is extreme important for you because if it falls in your foe control your city A is going to struggle cause of the lack of food (for instance low food stocks= -50% public order/ and decline of urban population severely effecting your economy).
    Second scenerio, you control city A and your allie or neutral with trade rights control the region B. Now, your foe or other faction attacks the region B, in this case you would be tempt to assist your allies and defend the region B. Especially if you want to attack the other faction in the future.

You can already have all imports and exports of your city listed. Just open the city details info and click on the pushcart icon. Then you will be shown a list with all imports and exports.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by machinor View Post
    You can already have all imports and exports of your city listed. Just open the city details info and click on the pushcart icon. Then you will be shown a list with all imports and exports.
    True, but is it possible to implement something like i said before? i mean can you add real strategic importancy for goods you import from other city (like the grains Rome import from Egypt). If so, i believe it will mean great strategical gain.
    One more thing, now that EB will be use permant forts as minor cities (brillant), the possibilities are countless. Imagine this situation, Hanibal is in italy his army is sacking the countryside area thus reducing food production (public order/economy/urban population/taxation) then he decides to move south, in south italy he captures that great granary/city [(forgot the name)/ This could be represent by a PST]. This loss would be major pain in the ass spreading hunger for all roman south cities.

There´re other possibilities, for instance blockade major ports will be even more important as well as the control of the sea

I understand your intention, but blockading ports already IS a major pain in the ass. Although mostly only if the AI does it.
    Ever had you most important trade ports blockaded all at the same time? Even if it lasts for only one turn, your income goes down quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by NickTheGreek View Post
    "Dahae always ride single file to hid their numbers, these tracks are side by side. And these arrow wounds, too accurate for Dahae, only Pahlavi Zradha Shivatir are so precise..."
    <-- My "From Basileion to Arche - A Makedonian AAR" Memorial Balloon.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucio Domicio Aureliano View Post
    Hello

i was wondernig, is the economy modable ?
    I wish this economy was modable...

/OT
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by machinor View Post
    I understand your intention, but blockading ports already IS a major pain in the ass. Although mostly only if the AI does it.
    Ever had you most important trade ports blockaded all at the same time? Even if it lasts for only one turn, your income goes down quite a bit.
    It really does hurt, especially in the ports around the Aegean, it seems. The cost of boats in EB is rarely worth blockading though. The annoying advisers in vanilla M2TW say that you actually steal the ports income of you enemies, is this true?