Thread: enjoying the wait

Default enjoying the wait

Dear EB team,

I know every so often you get someone posting saying "when is it ready, when is it ready??!?" often with various little smilies attached, etc. I'd just like to say, I am thoroughly looking forward to the release of EBII, but I am more than happy to wait, because it fills me with glee thinking how wondrous it'll be when it comes out.

So this is a keep-going, you're-doing-great, your-fans-remain-fans kinda message! I have every confidence in the mod being the best thing since sliced bread.

Kind regards
    zg
    inde consilivm mihi pavca de Avgvsto et extrema tradere, mox Tiberii principatum et cetera, sine ira et stvdio, qvorvm cavsas procvl habeo.

Default Re: enjoying the wait

I concur, although an "official reasonable estimate" (like "this year") would be nice. I'd love to play E:TW, get tired of it and come back to glorious Rome.

Terrible Tactician Member Shadowwalker's Avatar

Seconded, but without the "I want an estimated time" appendix.
    EB II will for sure be glorious and nothing glorious comes without wait.
    As long as waiting lasts I will play EB (as soon as I have found the energy to reinstall it again after the persistent crash that stopped my last Qart'Hadastim campaign shortly before victory ), maybe some of the M2TW mods of other timeframes (really looking forward to The Last Kingdom for example) and of course Paeninsula Italica II (as soon as it is released).

And I like to thank you people of the EB team for helping PI team and giving permission to use some of your work. That's very kind of you.
    Finished EB Campaigns: Kart-Hadast 1.0/1.2 | Pontos 1.1 | Arche Seleukeia 1.2 | Hayasdan 1.2 | Sab'yn 1.2 | Makedonia 1.2 (Alex)
    Lost Campaigns (1.2, Alex. exe): Getai | Sab'Yn
    Ongoing campaigns (1.2): SPQR (110 BC) | Sab'yn (217 BC) | Pontos (215 BC)
    from Populus Romanus

"The state of human ethics can be summarized in two sentences: We ought to. But we don't." (Tucholsky)

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Gaza Campaign?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    Gaza Campaign?

Yes, please.
    I can wait, but it sucks having to do so. Thats why I'm trying to learn skinning, so my nooby self can help out.

Quote Originally Posted by mikil100 View Post
    Yes, please.
    I can wait, but it sucks having to do so. Thats why I'm trying to learn skinning, so my nooby self can help out.
    that is a great idea, and i commend you. making oneself useful seems ideal, rather than complaining about the wait or what have you.

for a while, i was desperate to at least know a vague estimate of when it'd be vaguely ready. but with two 'vagues' in one sentence, it becomes simple to see that the finish date must be very unpredictable. better to sit back, and enjoy the wait (or, of course, get involved in becoming useful).
    inde consilivm mihi pavca de Avgvsto et extrema tradere, mox Tiberii principatum et cetera, sine ira et stvdio, qvorvm cavsas procvl habeo.

We are trying our best to do things faster however it's pretty hard when you don't have support like the old days, many skinners and modelers have just disappeared.

Last edited by Tux; 02-12-2009 at 22:40.

Sharp/Charismatic/Languorous Member Novellus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alin View Post
    We are trying our best to do things faster however it's pretty hard when you don't have support like the old days, many skinners and modelers have just disappeared.

Are those models in your last post from EB2?
    Last edited by Novellus; 02-13-2009 at 03:26.
    My Balloon! -Strategos Alexandros- "What to do with the Epeirotes?"

Why did the Romans fall?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Because everyone got sick of the Lorica Segmentata!

Yeah I'm too learning skinning.

Seriously there's a shortage of good skinners out there these days. An experienced skinner with one or two mod contributions is worth his weight in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileos ton Ellenon View Post
    Yeah I'm too learning skinning.

Seriously there's a shortage of good skinners out there these days. An experienced skinner with one or two mod contributions is worth his weight in gold.
    experienced is the key though, haha. It does seem to take some practice to get used to photo shop. I still have a lot of practice to do before I'm familiar with PS.. but I suppose any helping hand means a quicker release. =)

Near East TW Mod Leader Member Cute Wolf's Avatar
    In ancient Middle East, driving Assyrian war machines...
    Blog Entries

Just Work hard and CHEERSS..... (and work hard yourself to get better machine.... a lot of script in M2TW = maybe slower) ..... I myself has a part time as Basic and Organic Chemistry assistant.... trying to buy the newest VGA card with 2 Gb Video RAM...

My Projects : * Near East Total War * Nusantara Total War * Assyria Total War *
    * Watch the mind-blowing game : My Little Ponies : The Mafia Game!!! *

Also known as SPIKE in TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Novellus View Post
    Are those models in your last post from EB2?
    Where who when?! That's just a cross...

Last edited by Tux; 02-13-2009 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by Cute Wolf View Post
    Just Work hard and CHEERSS..... (and work hard yourself to get better machine.... a lot of script in M2TW = maybe slower) ..... I myself has a part time as Basic and Organic Chemistry assistant.... trying to buy the newest VGA card with 2 Gb Video RAM...
    When I heard about EBII I made a vendetta to update my system. Went a little overboard and got a new computer with the radeon 4850, i7 920... its on vista sadly but 3 gb ram is nice :)

I am serious that my main reason for upgrading was EBII... I'm a crazed fan. lol

Where who when?! That's just a cross...

A cross? What exactly is your idea of a "cross"?

Jesus Christ was not nailed to a three-span arrow projector if that's your idea of a "cross"!

I'm only joking. I liked the response! Cross!

Why did the Romans fall?

A cross? What exactly is your idea of a "cross"?

Jesus Christ was not nailed to a three-span arrow projector if that's your idea of a "cross"!

I'm only joking. I liked the response! Cross!
    You'll see in our next preview what it is, which should be published on 1st of April since progress has been really slow.
    So enjoy the wait thinking about that cross or who knows what it is...
    Last edited by Tux; 02-14-2009 at 12:29.

You'll see in our next preview what it is, which should be published on 1st of April since progress has been really slow.
    Ah, I see; I eagerly await to learn more of this "cross".

But I fear it shall keep me awake for every night until then! CURSES!

Why did the Romans fall?

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

1st of April might not be the best day to publish fantastical things.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

I've been triyng to contact the EB team because i've learned modeling and skinnig with 2 great programmes, C4d and Photoshop, i've sent PMs and posted in The EB II Help Required Thread but no one has even dignified me with an answer. it's ok if they don't want my help but at least tell me!!!!!!
    It's been 2 weeks.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Ah, I see; I eagerly await to learn more of this "cross".

But I fear it shall keep me awake for every night until then! CURSES!
    Ohh then happy dreams and power to the cross.

Quote Originally Posted by antisocialmunky View Post
    1st of April might not be the best day to publish fantastical things.
    Why not, since you can anounce wonderfull things like this is our last preview because we cannot finish what we started or who knows what other similar things.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus View Post
    I've been triyng to contact the EB team because i've learned modeling and skinnig with 2 great programmes, C4d and Photoshop, i've sent PMs and posted in The EB II Help Required Thread but no one has even dignified me with an answer. it's ok if they don't want my help but at least tell me!!!!!!
    It's been 2 weeks.
    Nice to hear that however if you wan't in then you must submit some of your work(some units or something similar to what we are doing) so we know if we should accept you in the EB family also the reason why you didn't get any answer is that you didn't contacted the right members, some may be away or aren't assigned to this kind of stuff or it takes some weeks until we decided about this. So think about these things first but the most important you must show something that let us know you'll be usefull thus try to make some nice models or textures and after show them.

Nice to hear that however if you wan't in then you must submit some of your work(some units or something similar to what we are doing) so we know if we should accept you in the EB family also the reason why you didn't get any answer is that you didn't contacted the right members, some may be away or aren't assigned to this kind of stuff or it takes some weeks until we decided about this. So think about these things first but the most important you must show something that let us know you'll be usefull thus try to make some nice models or textures and after show them.
    I did it, i posted some of my work but since i'm still a newb at it i've only been dealing with architecture.
    Why don't you try reading my post it's the last one in The EB II Help Required Thread.Plus i contacted tk-421, EB recruiter. i was told to contact him in some sticky subject, i don't remember wich one though.
    Last edited by Cyrus; 02-14-2009 at 19:08.

Italians do it better! Chi dice donna dice guai. Abbi donna di te minore, se vuoi essere signore. Donne e buoi dei paesi tuoi. Fiume, grondaia e donna parlatora mandano l'uomo di casa fuora.
    And my personal favorite: "Non rimuovere il confine antico fissato dai tuoi padri". In english: "Do not remove the anchent border placed by your fathers". It looses something in the translation......

Puh-leeze.