Thread: What to do with a cuckold?

Default What to do with a cuckold?

So in my game with sicliy (Yes I have many games going at moment, this is what happens without empire)

Things were going nicely. I had taken tunis in a crusade, take antioch in a crusade. Sucess was mine, and life was good.

Slowly though a mysterious trait began to grow on my hier. At first his wife was...shall we say loose -1 to authority, but eventually that changed to a -4 and the saying was, "men sleep with her and laugh in his face." Wow...that's a new low that's the last time I marry my hier to a polish chick.

So now he's got authority 2, and the armies of the world assemble. Milan has devistated me, leaving me only with Naples and Tunis, everything else is gone. Naples is soon to be attacked and even if I keep tunis not sure I can make a tunis come back.

So what do you do with sucky leaders? Ship voyages of no return? Die in battle? Just hope they die of old age soon?

When I played RTW BI I used to put my bad leaders on a ship and send them on what I liked to call "The one way trip to carthage."

It may be cruel but really this guy has authority of 1, i didn't even know you could get that. He owned 20 provinces at one point with authority of 1. It so sad

Beware! Relentless Looter! Member Flavius Merobaudes's Avatar

Default Re: What to do with a cuckold?

This whole cuckold thing is a strange trait, as at least I don't know how to influence it. Seems to depend totally on the bxtch you're married to. Maybe it would help to have your heir sack some settlements to make up with fear what he lacks in authority. You said she's polish? Well, exterminate your way through their cities. Revenge!

Could be your God Member Abokasee's Avatar

Well in MTW you would simply assasinate him, but in MTW2 the best way is to give him a glorious death, shame there isnt a option to "Execute suspects" and get some authority back, and maybe some dread / chivalry from it (could go either way)
    Now with transparent layers!

Lost on the Internet? Go back to start.

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Basically kill him in battle (its not actually easy, I ended up with a really tough general like that actually - unless you just actively try to suicide him by cancelling orders to his unit while he is surrounded) or ship him off.

Cuckold develops mainly from being away from homelands and having the gay type traits.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Yes, by all means, have mercy on the poor soul and send him off to battle to join the ranks of that happiest of Hittites - Uriah.

Prince Louis of France (KotF) Member Ramses II CP's Avatar

Drown him at any convenient green arrow crossing. I find that I have to do this a lot with French generals in particular for some reason. Just slow the move pace down by hitting space bar, start him walking across the green arrow, and hit backspace a few times while he's right in the middle. One less dingbat messing up your kingdom.

I didn't know you could drown people like that without engagement. Interesting find
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    I didn't know you could drown people like that without engagement. Interesting find
    Lol make a map with a really big sea crossing (more than one turn's journey) and watch the AI suicide all its generals trying to get across.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

The Backspace button does something? Is this really true? How come we've not heard of this before? (My excuse is that I've been travelling and babystitting so much the last 5 months that I have only played about 6 hours the whole time.) What a convenient way to liquidate a bad king.

Backspace is a stop command. But when I used to try that while an army (not a lone general) was crossing the green arrow at say Spain, he'd stop on the arrow, then get bumped back to where he was a tile before.