Thread: Bribing armies

Default Bribing armies

Have any of you ever had any success bribing enemy armies? I know it's a bit 'cheap' tactic but def. a great alternative. I however never manage to bribe armies...I always get "just rejected". Do you just need better diplomats and less loyal enemy armies...or is bribing too hard in this game?

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: Bribing armies

Nearly impossible past early game unmodded.
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah, bribing, I remember that feature from Rome. It seems to have disappeared...

I almost never even try. I tried to bribe Florence(?) at about turn 20 in my present Retrofit campaign but it keeps being just rejected. I imagine if I had 50k florins it might work. Whenever I try to bribe field armies the price is unbelievably high and then all the units would disband anyway. I just ignore this "feature".

since i started playing heavy again, about a week ago, a total of 0 successful bribes.
    although i wasnt really focusing on a high bankroll or good diplo's.

what i find to be horrible is that in many situ's most of the army would disband anyways.
    very little point to bribe an army if you dont even get it.
    basically paying them off to go away.
    (or not paying them at all, and they attack you, b/c bribes dont work.. lol)
    Last edited by cambovenzi; 02-17-2009 at 21:27.

UPDATE:
    i went out of my way to try and bribe a few things for a minute.
    i managed to get a low level french diplomat for a little over 1000 gold!
    such value!

in case anyone was wondering, i used a lvl 7 or 8 diplomat.

Heaps Gooder Member aimlesswanderer's Avatar

I only ever bother trying to bribe good "rebel" family members, especially if my family is dopey or has an aversion to reproduction. In the beginning I never have any money anyway, and by the time I have lots I will just kill their armies/agents instead with my armies or assassins.
    "All things are born from darkness, and all things return to darkness". Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind

I keep getting my Welsh armies bribed and losing them from the Scots and the my territory.How do you prevent this?