Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Official ETW Hardware Problem Solving Thread

Default Re: The Official ETW Hardware Problem Solving Thread

thanks

Okay, so I have the game running without any crashes, and I'm enjoying it, but the only thing is that to make it playable I had to put the settings on low. I'd be fine with that, but the thing is I feel like my rig should be able to handle higher settings than that. Indeed, ETW thinks my rig can handle higher settings than that; almost nothing is grayed out as unavailable (only one check box).

Here is my hardware:
    Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    GeForce 8500GT 512 mb
    Windows Vista-32

I defrag once a week, I turned off a lot of non-essential processes, I have tons of room on my hard drive (I even increased my virtual memory allocation), I decreased the in-game resolution, and I increased the power settings to Al Gore alert levels. I realize I'll need a better video card and probably more RAM to run on the ultra settings with all the extras, but I figured this would be good enough to run on medium-high and maintain a smooth framerate in all but the must hectic of battles. Am I wrong, or is something not right with the performance I'm getting?

Before I started playing around with all the individual custom settings I figured I'd ask if maybe there's something I'm missing here.
    Cry "Havoc," and let slip the dogs of war!

Mine constantly crashes from both campaign and battle games. Can somebody please help. Here is my system:

Time of this report: 3/14/2009, 21:59:07
    Machine name: HOME-5BB1502475
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.080814-1242)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    System Model: NVDAACPI
    BIOS: )Phoenix - Award WorkstationBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
    Memory: 958MB RAM
    Page File: 597MB used, 946MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

THANKS!
    Last edited by jsberry; 03-15-2009 at 03:09.

Senior Member Senior Member Barkhorn1x's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jsberry View Post
    Mine constantly crashes from both campaign and battle games. Can somebody please help. Here is my system:

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_qfe.080814-1242)
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3600+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz

THANKS!
    First of all you barely have enough RAM to run it and - what kind of video card do you have?
    "Après moi le déluge"

Quote Originally Posted by Barkhorn1x View Post
    First of all you barely have enough RAM to run it and - what kind of video card do you have?
    Thanks Barkhorn. How do I find out my video card type?

Thanks Barkhorn. How do I find out my video card type?
    Run "Dxdaig" again.

This will get you to the DirectX screens. Hit the Save Information button on the bottom. This will save a notepad file of all of your info. Open this file - go to the third "block" of information, "Display Devices" - and copy over the first 11 lines to a reply. That will tell us what we are working with here.

RAM:
    RAM is now dirt cheap*** and you should really max out what you can fit into your mother board. You will need to find out what type odf mobo you have and the type of RAM that it can accommodate. XP will make use of 3 Gigs and change so if your mobo can accommodate 4 Gigs then that is what you want to put in your box.

***I bought on newegg.com recently for $13.00 per Gig.
    Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 03-16-2009 at 20:57. Reason: More information
    "Après moi le déluge"

Here's my Display info. Is this the problem, or the RAM? (if it matters, MTW1 crashes too). Thanks!

Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 6100 nForce 405
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 6100 nForce 405
    DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_03D1&SUBSYS_26021019&REV_A2
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9148 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 8/16/2006 03:35:00, 4496128 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: n/a
    Mini VDD: nv4_mini.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 8/16/2006 03:35:00, 3959712 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71E3E-4091-11CF-1550-080603C2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x10DE
    Device ID: 0x03D1
    SubSys ID: 0x26021019
    Revision ID: 0x00A2
    Revision ID: 0x00A2
    Video Accel:
    Deinterlace Caps: {212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(UYVY,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {212DC724-3235-44A4-BD29-E1652BBCC71C}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

OK - I was afraid of this. You actually do not have a video card - you have an integrated graphics card that is part of the mobo.

Chip type: GeForce 6100 nForce 405

You are basically dead in the water here as that 256MB is not card memory - but actually the mobo stealing from your RAM. Im guessing you have a Dell or an HP - those b'st'rds are famous for providing a fairly decent CPU and then stiffing you on the RAM and GPU. Your rig is just not a gamers rig and you will not be able to play any games of recent vintage.

In order to play you need to:
    - Buy a decent GPU and install it. Go to newegg.com and get at least a 512MB card
    - When you install it you will have to go into your mobo BIOS and revise the display setting from Integrated to stand alone card (this should be easy)
    - Buy as much RAM as your mobo can handle - it is cheap and it helps

Sorry for the bad news but that's the way it is.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Blog Entries

In order to play you need to:
    - Buy a decent GPU and install it. Go to newegg.com and get at least a 512MB card
    Ebuyer if you're British. By decent we mean later models from 2006-present day

- When you install it you will have to go into your mobo BIOS and revise the display setting from Integrated to stand alone card (this should be easy)
    Do you know how to do this?

- Buy as much RAM as your mobo can handle - it is cheap and it helps
    MOHR RAM

RAM solves most problems to do with crashes etc. If you've got XP, two gb will be fine, Vista, you'll need four gb.

Quote Originally Posted by Subotan View Post
    Do you know how to do this?
    Should be a straightforward BIOS setting change. But I've never had on board graphics so I've never had to make these types of changes myself.

Which brings up a related piece of advice. Be sure to get the dimensions of the video card before you buy. Cards today are pretty large and your need to make sure it will fit in your case.
    Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 03-17-2009 at 19:41.
    "Après moi le déluge"

THANKS!
    second the advice about ram, but for both ram and video card make sure it'll fit in your machine as
    that is a somewhat old processor. you can google for how to id a motherboard, i found biosagentplus.com
    worked on mine for free but i wouldn't recommend using their paid service to get driver/bios updates.
    should always get those for free from the manufacturer. Anyhow, clicking the BIOS entry on that id'd my m/b.

your memory is almost certainly DDR, your video card might be AGP or PCIe which is why you need to check before you buy one.

Memory: may I advise you to see this interesting thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484 -I think that could in some cases quite helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by green tea View Post
    Memory: may I advise you to see this interesting thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484 -I think that could in some cases quite helpful.
    nice link, i'd mod this up if modding was an option. it won't help jsberry as he only has a gig of ram but it may help me ( once i get done with RtI, i'm an incredibly slow player of this game ).

Anyone else experiencing isues on an core i7, Nvidia gtx 200 series and DDR3 system on vista?

Or better yet, could anyone tell me if my hardware is causing the insane amounts of CTDs I get?

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Praeparet bellum Member Quillan's Avatar

Should be a straightforward BIOS setting change. But I've never had on board graphics so I've never had to make these types of changes myself.

Which brings up a related piece of advice. Be sure to get the dimensions of the video card before you buy. Cards today are pretty large and your need to make sure it will fit in your case.
    Odd side note to this one, I just had to stick a video card in one of the computers here at work because the on-board IGP was going out. The BIOS for that particular system doesn't have an option to disable the built in video; instead it had a setting that defaulted to using the video card in the slot as priority over the IGP, so it was automatic.

The setting is usually found in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS, though.
    Last edited by Quillan; 03-18-2009 at 15:24.
    Age and treachery will defeat youth and skill every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bopa the Magyar View Post
    Anyone else experiencing isues on an core i7, Nvidia gtx 200 series and DDR3 system on vista?

Or better yet, could anyone tell me if my hardware is causing the insane amounts of CTDs I get?
    See that link posted by Green Tea above.

Quote Originally Posted by Quillan
    Odd side note to this one, I just had to stick a video card in one of the computers here at work because the on-board IGP was going out. The BIOS for that particular system doesn't have an option to disable the built in video; instead it had a setting that defaulted to using the video card in the slot as priority over the IGP, so it was automatic.

The setting is usually found in the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS, though.
    Good info. for those who want to upgrade.
    Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 03-18-2009 at 17:23.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Ok, so, its possible that CA new that this would be an issue, yet didn't bother to tell people about before thay bought the game, because right now, Empire for me is broken utterly, it was a waste of a hundred dollars.
    Last edited by Incongruous; 03-19-2009 at 05:56.

Sig by Durango

Now that the House of Commons is trying to become useful, it does a great deal of harm.
    -Oscar Wilde

Ok, so, its possible that CA new that this would be an issue, yet didn't bother to tell people about before thay bought the game, because right now, Empire for me is broken utterly, it was a waste of a hundred dollars.
    You didn't really describe your issue so no idea if that memory link is the cause.
    is it happening on battle map or campaign map?
    after a long time playing?
    in huge battles with lare unit sizes?

My CTDs are irritating but they happen on the campaign map primarily, like when I ask a ship to go to a port, or sometimes just clicking on a fleet. When I alt-tab back to windows and check memory I it's
    well under 1GB so I know i'm not near the memory limit that link talks about and it doesn't affect me.

I'm just getting crashes due to the unfinished debugging, irritating but I expected it as that's how M2TW was and rome before it and maybe MTW but that's too long for my shoddy memory to recall. If I was sensible I'd have waited a bit longer, but M2TW was like 4 months for first patch and this was 1 week so i'm hopefuller.

Quote Originally Posted by sassbarman View Post
    never had any problems playing any games except this one. my monitor will just ramdomly shut off and not come back on even though my pc is still running. this has never happened before its so weird.
    I don't know if you're still having this problem, but I had this problem a year or so ago, and finally determined that it was a shot power supply.
    Realists deny reality, and embrace an ideology where talk is productive and governments are sincere.

Already posted this in the guild-new members-entrance hall section:

Hello everyone, I've joined the forum just for this...
    Everytime I try to load a game in Empire it crashes to desktop and I get a:

AppName: empire.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: empire.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 0015e15c

What to do?
    My DxDiag:

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: Radeon X1950 Pro
    Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.
    Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor (0x7280)
    DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&SUBSYS_207217AF&REV_9A
    Display Memory: 256.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play-bildskärm
    Driver Name: ati2dvag.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0010.6925 (English)
    DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
    Driver Attributes: Final Retail
    Driver Date/Size: 2/25/2009 22:41:10, 325120 bytes
    WHQL Logo'd: Yes
    WHQL Date Stamp: n/a
    VDD: Saknas
    Mini VDD: ati2mtag.sys
    Mini VDD Date: 2/25/2009 23:58:57, 3565568 bytes
    Device Identifier: {D7B71EE2-31C0-11CF-126F-78003BC2CB35}
    Vendor ID: 0x1002
    Device ID: 0x7280
    SubSys ID: 0x207217AF
    Revision ID: 0x009A
    Revision ID: 0x009A
    Video Accel: ModeMPEG2_C ModeMPEG2_D ModeWMV8_B ModeWMV8_A ModeWMV9_B ModeWMV9_A
    Deinterlace Caps: {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(YUY2,YUY2) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    {3C5323C1-6FB7-44F5-9081-056BF2EE449D}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {552C0DAD-CCBC-420B-83C8-74943CF9F1A6}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,2) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {6E8329FF-B642-418B-BCF0-BCB6591E255F}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,1) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_PixelAdaptive
    {335AA36E-7884-43A4-9C91-7F87FAF3E37E}: Format(In/Out)=(NV12,0x3231564e) Frames(Prev/Fwd/Back)=(0,0,0) Caps=VideoProcess_YUV2RGB VideoProcess_StretchX VideoProcess_StretchY DeinterlaceTech_BOBVerticalStretch
    Registry: OK
    DDraw Status: Enabled
    D3D Status: Enabled
    AGP Status: Enabled
    DDraw Test Result: Not run
    D3D7 Test Result: Not run
    D3D8 Test Result: Not run
    D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Yes I've updated my driver for the gfxcard.
    And yes I can load an earlier saved game but it still crashes when the turn ends (after the pirates have moved) and I don't have an earlier save so the only solution seems to be to start the campaign all over. Very frustrating!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help me

Quote Originally Posted by chris111 View Post
    Already posted this in the guild-new members-entrance hall section:

Hello everyone, I've joined the forum just for this...
    Everytime I try to load a game in Empire it crashes to desktop and I get a:

AppName: empire.exe AppVer: 1.0.0.0 ModName: empire.exe
    ModVer: 1.0.0.0 Offset: 0015e15c
    /snip/
    Yes I've updated my driver for the gfxcard.
    And yes I can load an earlier saved game but it still crashes when the turn ends (after the pirates have moved) and I don't have an earlier save so the only solution seems to be to start the campaign all over. Very frustrating!
    how much memory do you have?
    if you have enough and get that error, maybe this link is useful http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=238484

if it's not memory you may be stuck until they get the next patch out, your video card can handle playing at that resolution and the error shows up in empire.exe so it's not your video card. And I assume you have some free disk space..

Senior Member Senior Member Forward Observer's Avatar

I also have an I7-940 CPU and a GTX285 1gb card with 6 gigs of 1600 mhz ram and was up to about a CTD every 15 to 30 minutes. I am running Vista 64 bit also. I also experienced most of my crashes in the strategy map, and occasionally upon exiting or entering the battle map. Constantly losing progress when one has just won a tough battle is no fun, so I had simply stopped playing.

Then yesterday, I came across a post at the Steam forums about Nvidia drivers. It seems that the last two driver releases --182.08 on March 3 and 182.06 on Feb 18 were made so close to the release of the game that CA had no opportunity to play test the game with them. The poster mentioned that he had simply gone back to the previous driver release 181.22 which was made at the end of January and it had all but eliminated his CTD's

I did exactly the same yesterday morning and have not had a single crash in two straight days of playing--at least 14 hours of play time by now. I'm retired, so I can play as much as I want.

I don't know if anybody else has suggested this yet, and it may not work for everybody, but it can can't hurt to try it.

Cheers

P.S. I never got a memory problem message with any of my CTD's--only a Vista message that said Empire had stopped working with the option to close or to seek help on the web, and close anyway.
    Last edited by Forward Observer; 03-22-2009 at 01:54.
    Artillery adds dignity to what would otherwise be a vulgar brawl.

I need help. At first the game didnt really work altogether but i managed to fix it by downloading a graphics driver off NVIDIA. Although it aint perfect, it works but for some reason it takes literally ten minutes to load. I'd like to know if i can fix this problem without having to buy a whole new computer. I'll accept buying a new graphics card though...

PS: can someone tell me how you post your "DxDiag" or something like that so i can help

Thanks in advance
    I'm saving Private Ryan...money on his car insurance

Quote Originally Posted by risker View Post
    PS: can someone tell me how you post your "DxDiag" or something like that so i can help
    Thanks in advance
    These instructions are for XP only:
    - Start
    - Run
    - Type in = dxdiag
    - Allow the application to complete
    - Hit the Save Information button and save the text file to an accessible location

Copy ONLY these two sections to a post:

- System Information
    - Display Devices = first 11 lines

...then we can tell you what's what.

Tips:
    - If you have less than 2 Gigs of RAM that is an issue
    - If you have less than a 2.5 Gig CPU that is an issue as well
    "Après moi le déluge"

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/24/2009, 22:38:58
    Machine name: CRONIN-2343FBF0
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: P31-DS3L
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 3326MB RAM
    Page File: 445MB used, 12719MB available
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

---------------
    Display Devices
    ---------------
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
    Manufacturer: NVIDIA
    Chip type: GeForce 9500 GT
    Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0640&SUBSYS_400A1682&REV_A1
    Display Memory: 1024.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1680 x 1050 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
    Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7824 (English)
    Ok, I've solved the majority of my problems so far, but a pre-existing problem eludes me and all my attempts.

Basically, I only just switched to the 9500 and added some extra RAM, was going to anyway but this problem predates to when I was running an 8600 with one gig.

In ETW, MTW2+K and DOW2, the cursor "flickers" at varying speeds, and seemingly at random when moused over a manipulable game objects.

Here's the thing, when I got DOW2, this didn't happen. In any game. It was running a bit sluggish though so I updated my drivers, something I hadn't done in ohh, about a year ( I know...) That's when it started happening.

Tried to roll back, tried every available driver version I had available to no avail. So, I'm not entirely certain it was a driver issue at all, might have been a coincedence, besides, it's remained with the new GPU.

Highly irritating and it's only with these games, no others.

These instructions are for XP only:
    - Start
    - Run
    - Type in = dxdiag
    - Allow the application to complete
    - Hit the Save Information button and save the text file to an accessible location

Copy ONLY these two sections to a post:

- System Information
    - Display Devices = first 11 lines

...then we can tell you what's what.

Tips:
    - If you have less than 2 Gigs of RAM that is an issue
    - If you have less than a 2.5 Gig CPU that is an issue as well

I have a vista. thanks anyway...your tips are helpful.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In vista, in the search bar, type dxdiag.

that should do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

ok i still dont have as much info as some of you here but here it is:

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 3/25/2009, 14:49:05
    Machine name: ------------
    Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Basic (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080917-1612)
    Language: French (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: HP-Pavilion
    System Model: RZ576AA-B14 a6020.be
    BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 3800+, ~2.4GHz
    Memory: 894MB RAM
    Page File: 992MB used, 1059MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 10
    DxDiag Version: 6.00.6001.18000 32bit Unicode

note that the game is already installed.

thanks again in advance...

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

You have less than 1 GB of RAM. Simply not enough.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Quote Originally Posted by A Very Super Market View Post
    You have less than 1 GB of RAM. Simply not enough.

...yes, that looks like the issue. And get 4 gigs if you can as Vista needs RAM.
    Last edited by Barkhorn1x; 03-25-2009 at 16:59.
    "Après moi le déluge"

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast