Thread: VanillaMod & Kingdoms - again

Default VanillaMod & Kingdoms - again

Hi FactionHeir!

First of all thanks for your great mod - it's the first one ever (i mean - since shogun) I decided to give a try - and all the great work you've done.

Secondly I'm trying to use MV with Kingdoms and I have few quetions. I made a .bat looking like this:

kingdoms.exe @VanillaMod.cfg --features.mod=mods/crusades

I run it and - voila - crusades starts and runs smoothly. The problems is I'm not sure if it really runs in VM mode or not.

So my first question is: how can I check if it does? Compare the number of agents with smth?

Another one is - do you think my .bat makes sense? Or maybe it should rather look like:

kingdoms.exe --features.mod=mods/crusades @VanillaMod.cfg ?
    stranger in strangeland

Relentless Bughunter Senior Member FactionHeir's Avatar

Default Re: VanillaMod & Kingdoms - again

Hi stranger_2,

Unfortunately VanillaMod will not work with Kingdoms's small campaigns - it should work with a Kingdoms.exe Grand Campaign without problems though. Reason is that the small campaigns are mods in their own right. In addition, they have their own scripts and unique traits that would conflict with VanillaMod ones.

Hope that helps
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? Check this thread out for your performance needs
    Got low fps during siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

thanks for the answer FactionHeir!

Quote Originally Posted by FactionHeir View Post
    Unfortunately VanillaMod will not work with Kingdoms's small campaigns
    Oops, that's so bad... would it be possible then to use at least parts of it, like your improved 2H animations?
    stranger in strangeland

Hmmm I don't think even those would work with the kingdoms small campaigns because mangonels have an additional animation I think, but I'm not 100% sure on that. You can certainly try using the anims and they can be used at any point during a campaign, so you can always change back.
    Playing on a different timescale and never get to see the new world or just wanting to change your timescale?
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus many annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this! (included in VanillaMod 0.93)

I too would be interested in the idea of using the Vanilla Mod with the Kingdoms exe (that is, to simply substitute the 1.5 for the 1.2 exe), so that I could play the vanilla mod for the Grand Campaign, but also take advantage of some the enhancements that Kingdoms exe has added (e.g., controllable reinforcements, additional scripting commands, etc.).

So, my question is, are there any items that have been fixed in the Vanilla mod that Creative Assembly has addressed in the Kindgoms 1.4 or 1.5 exe? (Since any such fixes might require changes in the Vanilla Mod files to make them compatible with the 1.5 exe).

For an example of what I mean, in the discussion of the Retfrofit mod 1.0 at TWC, Unspoken Knight noted that the Kingdoms exe fixed the existing bug that the the global starting action points were not overridden by the particular character type starting action points in one of the AI files.

I have pretty much fixed anything that is not hardcoded.