Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Invasio Barbarorum

Default Invasio Barbarorum

Is this game made by the same people as europa barbarorum?

Im downloading it now iv heard its very good :)
    From Olaf the Great

"Fight for your country -- that is the best, the only omen! ..." - Hector

Default Re: Invasio Barbarorum

If you mean Invasio Barbarorum: Flagellum Dei, I don't think so. I think that mod was made by a guy named Attila Reloaded, and it was I think a revamp of RTW: Barbarian Invasion. The part Flagellum Dei was Attila the Hun's nickname and meant, "whip of god."
    "Insipientis est dicere, Non putarvm."

"It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought."
    -Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio Africanvs

Lives: Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio (A Romani AAR)
    Lives: Alkyoneus Argeades (A Makedonian AAR)

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lionhard View Post
    Is this game made by the same people as europa barbarorum?

Im downloading it now iv heard its very good :)
    none of he versions have much to do with EB's team. currently, multiple people run multiple sections of the mod: IJ is currently being tweaked by Julianus heraclius, IBFDRR is being tweaked by Ihaty and Ramon, and Rio's IBFD: well, the name says is all. overall its led by Ramon, and they are going to start work on IBFD RO (restitutor orbis) once IBFD8 and IJ3 are done.

as Africanus said, it was started (unofficially), by Attila reloaded, as he made a realism model pack for Rome total war; the mod did not really develop its modern character until later. that said, Attila reloaded did indeed start it all.

but yes, I hope you enjoy the mod-its a great mod. IJ3 and IBFD8 will be even better. they will also have revamped lakhmids.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 03-14-2009 at 19:51.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

But how similar is it to EB in its level of accuracy? Is the set up similar? -M
    My Balloons:

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

It is about the best mod out there for the BI timeperiod. It isn't exactly like EB, though. Not 100% historically accurate, but far better than BI. Scripting isn't as complex as EB.

I play it. I can't speak to the historical accuracy as I don't have any techical knowledge in that are. However the mod is very enjoyable and fairly well done.

You must be careful to get the correct version and the correct fixes for that version as it can be buggy if you do not.

It is by no means as polished as EB, but it is a far sight better than the vanilla and it is very good. It just has the "not quite finished" feel to it.

Again, I enjoy it, so it in my opinion it is worth the download and install.

EB is far more polished, complete though.

Have fun.

I wish the EB team would make a mod for Barbarion invasion. That Invasio Barbarorum mod has loads of bugs, its not too much different than the Vanilla BI but i supose its better :S.

tynnmahn u said its not quite as polished and doesnt feel as well finished as EB. i must dissagree that EB is polished and completed their are so many small bugs and small irritating inaccuracies such as the year in history stopping randomly, saka nobles unit card comes up with peasants from the original Vanilla version and their are a few other unit cards missing as well as random glythes in diplomacey.

I still think a new patch should be invented to sort the campaign out
    From Olaf the Great

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Year in history stops precisely at 207 BC, because it was such a monstrous effort making the damn thing.

The EB team has moved on to M2TW. No more RTW. Why would they work to stamp out such trivial "glitches" and put a much more important project on hold?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Yea, and when EBII is finished and they move to the next version they will also leave clitches. Why work on a already released version right?
    Last edited by Phalanx300; 03-15-2009 at 00:56.

Quote Originally Posted by tynnmahn View Post
    I play it. I can't speak to the historical accuracy as I don't have any techical knowledge in that are. However the mod is very enjoyable and fairly well done.

You must be careful to get the correct version and the correct fixes for that version as it can be buggy if you do not.

It is by no means as polished as EB, but it is a far sight better than the vanilla and it is very good. It just has the "not quite finished" feel to it.

Again, I enjoy it, so it in my opinion it is worth the download and install.

EB is far more polished, complete though.

Have fun.
    accuracy: if its roman or sassanid, its very good (not perfect).

barbarians (i.e germanic and celtic people), are also accurate, but again, not perfect.

If you play IJ2.0, the berbers are accurate as well, but in none of th versions are the Arabs accurately depicted. that will come in IJ3.0* and hopefully IBFDRR8.0.the sassanids and romans are also revamped for IJ3, and I'm telling ye, the sassanids will be spectacular (an understatement)

*there are still javelins in there (barely), and cavalry tends to have bows (especially w/lakhmids), but its still a massive improvement for IJ3. as o how I know? there is a preview at total war center for them, and certain lucky members fro over there got to test the Alpha...
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 03-15-2009 at 01:23.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

Slixpoitation Member A Very Super Market's Avatar
    Vancouver, BC, Canada, North America, Terra, Sol, Milky Way, Local Cluster, Universe

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    Yea, and when EBII is finished and they move to the next version they will also leave clitches. Why work on a already released version right?
    What is he asking to be patched? Units cards have never been mixed up for me, and I haven't ever had any glitch that wasn't present in stock RTW. How can the team change the AI?
    WELCOME TO AVSM
    Cool store, bro! I want some ham.
    No ham, pepsi.
    They make deli slices of frozen pepsi now? Awesome!
    You also need to purchase a small freezer for storage of your pepsi.
    It runs on batteries. You'll need a few.
    Uhh, I guess I won't have pepsi then. Do you have change for a twenty?
    You can sift through the penny jar
    ALL WILL BE CONTINUED

- Proud Horseman of the Presence

Member thankful for this post:

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

I don't really see anything past MIITW currently for EB unless you really want naval battles. I say they wait until Shogun2 or Rome2 show up to do it since most of the Classical Warfare mechanics will be there and the new tech/AI/Naval will be more developped than in Empire.
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

People r saying why patch an old game? so why has their been patches released since the origional release of EB? for the exact same reason to fix small issues. A game like EB should never be left its a great game and to see small defects left is just upsetting :(.

P.s is their another rome total war coming out?
    Last edited by lionhard; 03-15-2009 at 15:17.
    From Olaf the Great

IB is my favorite mod for the migration periode (even though I can't say which of the dozend variations I have excactly running).

Quote Originally Posted by Phalanx300 View Post
    EB is not a commercial company and does not charge money. That follows a) the team does not have to patch anything to please paying costumers and b) would not move to any new engine only to have something new to release. The M2TW engine offers much better oppertunities to make EB than the RTW engine did, so it was only natural to finish EB1 and continue with EB2.

Disclaimer: my posts are to be considered my private opinion and not offical statements by the EB Team

EB 1.2 is unbelievably stable for the amount of content added to the original game, the complicated scripting, superior graphics, etc. The team has done a great job of releasing bug fixes for major things which cause ctds. If there is something you stumble across such as an incorrect unit card or spelling mistake, you can always ask in the forums and someone will tell you how to fix it. I think perfection is a bit much to expect, but EB comes as close as I've ever seen a mod for RTW come to it. Remember that they are limited by hard-coded elements and the engine itself so issues with AI, dipomacy, etc. are usually things EB cannot fix, and things which all mods are going to suffer from. Fans of EB like it for many reasons, but that doesn't mean it's the perfect mod for everyone. For me however, it's the only mod.
    "Insipientis est dicere, Non putarvm."

"It is the part of a fool to say, I should not have thought."
    -Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio Africanvs

Lives: Pvblivs Cornelivs Scipio (A Romani AAR)
    Lives: Alkyoneus Argeades (A Makedonian AAR)

EB on ALX player Member ziegenpeter's Avatar

Guys, you dont nedd to defend EB. Its a pitty that other mods arent more inspired by this masterfulpiece of art. Especially IBFD has a lot of potential but it doesnt reach the feeling of beeing complete (I cant really put my finger on. is it the traits? backround information? or the native languages?).
    By the way, the migration period is my preferred time era - lots of germanic tribes swarming across europe. Nevertheless I stick to the sweboz!!!

"A wise man once said: Never buy a game full price!"
    - Another wise man

Quote Originally Posted by ziegenpeter View Post
    Guys, you dont nedd to defend EB. Its a pitty that other mods arent more inspired by this masterfulpiece of art. Especially IBFD has a lot of potential but it doesnt reach the feeling of beeing complete (I cant really put my finger on. is it the traits? backround information? or the native languages?).
    By the way, the migration period is my preferred time era - lots of germanic tribes swarming across europe. Nevertheless I stick to the sweboz!!!

all the above really.

the problem is that there aren't as many working on IBFD compared to EB. its really like comparing the two different timeperiods they work in: EB is organized, thurough, built around a large number of modders of high skill, underan overall leader. IBFD is more organic, erratic, and only a few "strongmen" modders actually working on it. also more decentralized

in fact, IIRC there are no permanent specialized historians working on the team; they are often transients, or unnofficial*.

However, as I have said, IJ3 will be different; same with IBRR 8.0. Julianus heraclius and Ihatemonday have been tweaking IBFD as best as possible. the former ATM is tweaking the traits system he has recently put in, and is ironing out the campaign script; the latter I have not been as dedicated to, as I was never called to help him, but he has been preparing a voicemod and IIRC a new script for IBFDRR.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 03-18-2009 at 01:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrahim View Post

unnofficial*.

However, as I have said, IJ3 will be different; same with IBRR 8.0. Julianus heraclius and Ihatemonday have been tweaking IBFD as best as possible. the former ATM is tweaking the traits system he has recently put in, and is ironing out the campaign script; the latter I have not been as dedicated to, as I was never called to help him, but he has been preparing a voicemod and IIRC a new script for IBFDRR.
    I think you forgot a star...?
    But its good to hear there are improvement s for IBFD. I'd like to see more o it and if I stop working and continue my studies, ill probably have the time to support them.
    But arent they already working on IBFDII?

- Another wise man

I think you forgot a star...?
    But its good to hear there are improvement s for IBFD. I'd like to see more o it and if I stop working and continue my studies, ill probably have the time to support them.
    But arent they already working on IBFDII?
    yes, they are working on it; in fact, they have recently finished a teaser (akin to the Gaza campaign), called Africa Vandalorum. you can also see it in the TWcenter forums.

but its really low key ATM. the wait is for IJ3 and IBFDRR8 to be done, and stabilized. after that, the plan is a section goes to IBFD2 (under ramon), the rest to the last BI supported version: IBFD RO (Invasio barbarorum: restitutor Orbis).
    the spoiler below is for demonstration purposes-not to promote a mod:

EDIT:

here is the new lakhmid army (thank me for pushing the reforms through: my user name at TWcenter is Gen.JamesWolfe (GJW for short)). you can PM Legio Caesar about this (to be sure):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185336

the new romani:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175023

Julianus heraclius killed himself making them more accurate-hope you like them. (I was being metaphorical-he's OK)

new sassanids:(no complete preview yet; note neon clibs (nickname)):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154298

new Kidarites:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=196395
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 03-18-2009 at 03:01.

Rampant psychopath Member Olaf Blackeyes's Avatar

IBFD is a minor upgrade from BI, mainly in faction positions. The Campaign is buggy and rather confusing. I get random glitches all the time.
    And y is it the when the AI Goths siege a city it is Auto-sacked/you lose that army?

It has A LOT of potential, but noone seem to really care.

My own personal SLAVE BAND (insert super evil laugh here)
    My balloons:
    My AAR The Story of Souls: A Sweboz AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=109013

Quote Originally Posted by Dayve View Post
    You're fighting against the AI... how do you NOT win?

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Blackeyes View Post
    IBFD is a minor upgrade from BI, mainly in faction positions. The Campaign is buggy and rather confusing. I get random glitches all the time.
    And y is it the when the AI Goths siege a city it is Auto-sacked/you lose that army?

It has A LOT of potential, but noone seem to really care.

did you read what I said?

true, it deserves more, and more is coming, but you must wait on it man...

I think its an awesome Mod yes. I dont hate it at all. And yes but im talking about the CURRENT release version. When IBRR 8 comes out ill change my opinion.

My balloons:

Quote Originally Posted by Olaf Blackeyes View Post
    This never happened to me...

@ Ibrahim: The new units a really an improvement. As well as these http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=188889

But theres another thing I dont understand: They are making like 4 diferent versions of IBFD but since I prefere playing germanics, I wont play IJ and so I wont get these nice and shiny units. I know its basically my problem but I think they'd have more succes by putting their strengthes together.

It is probably my second favorite mod with ArthurianTW( I dont play ATW because its not mod foldered but it has a great ambient...!)
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 03-18-2009 at 14:16.

- Another wise man

This never happened to me...

@ Ibrahim: The new units a really an improvement. As well as these http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=188889

But theres another thing I dont understand: They are making like 4 diferent versions of IBFD but since I prefere playing germanics, I wont play IJ and so I wont get these nice and shiny units. I know its basically my problem but I think they'd have more succes by putting their strengthes together.

It is probably my second favorite mod with ArthurianTW( I dont play ATW because its not mod foldered but it has a great ambient...!)
    IIRC, you should also get those new models in IBFDRR8, so don't worry too much. that mod is very germanic in nature..

also, you should see more accurate models in IBFD RO overtime; but remember, they won't hare models with the other 3 IBFD's, as the mod is a century too early.

lastly, I know all four should join forces officially, but as I said, its decentralized, so that's eaier said than done. they o help one another though not as much as they should.
    Last edited by Ibrahim; 03-18-2009 at 18:18.

just FYI...

the open beta for IBII has been released...http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=818

it runs on Kingdoms
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Thanks for the IB2 heads up!

Does anyone else find the M2 battle engine to be just horribly clunky? Not frame rate wise, I'm getting a steady 30-35 fps, but almost as if everything is in slow mo, units don't feel like they respond well, sometimes just stand around while only a few on each side fight, etc? I don't think I ever noticed this with vanilla M2 (bad as it was otherwise), but it's been a major factor in my not sticking with some of the nice mods for long.
    Balloons from Andronikos, Frontline1944, HunGeneral, m0r1d1n, Alsatia and skullheadhq

My EB Faction Wallpapers:
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=120204

Iv decided i hate Invasio Barbarorum its full of bugs and constantly crashes. I tryed changing the options which it tells you to if you experience problems with the map and it wont let me. Mods shouldnt be hard to adjust, infact u shudnt have to adjust them. Shame its not all it should be cas it wud be a good game :(
    From Olaf the Great

@ Ibrahim: Thanks for your information, you mean RO is 100 years earlier so they dont mix the skin with the other three, right? I dont mind as I tried IJ and especially RR felt more "whole".

@lionhard: come on your name is "lionhard"! Thats life! mods shouldnt be hard to adjust and kittens shouldnt starve. But for the first problem, there is a good reason: The modders are doing their work not for 10 bucks, not for 5, NO for zeronadanix. You get it free. This may sound harsher than intended so I put a smiley here ;-)
    Last edited by ziegenpeter; 03-18-2009 at 22:43.

- Another wise man

At "lionhard" HA!
    Plz proceed to die in a fire.
    Thank You.

My balloons:

So as far as Invasio Barbarorum goes, for anyone who might know, were there multiple Invasio mods? If so, which one was best, and where can they be found?
    Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: Psalm 144:1

In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
    As modest stillness and humility:
    But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
    Then imitate the action of the tiger;
    -Henry V by William Shakespeare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast