Thread: HEGEMON: Ancient Wars

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default HEGEMON: Ancient Wars

HEGEMON: Ancient Wars
    v1.6
    A Classical-era submod For Stainless Steel 6.1, M2TW: Kingdoms

Abstract:
    Hegemon: Ancient Wars is a Classical-era submod for Stainless Steel 6.1. It begins in the year 220BC at the beginning of the 2nd Punic War, that titanic clash between Rome and Carthage. To the east the Hellenes are locked in strife, as Philip II of Macedon, Antiochos of the Seleucid Empire, the Kingdom of Epirus and the Greek Cities struggle over rocky Greece. In the hinterland barbarian confederations begin to form out of the willpower of charismatic German, Gallic, Scythian and Dacian chieftains.

Hegemon: Ancient Wars offers:
    • 11 playable factions: Rome, Carthage, Iberian Tribes, Macedon, the Seleucid Empire, Epirus, the Greek Cities, Tribes of Germania, Galatians, Dacia
    • 200+ units.
    • Two exciting campaigns.
    • The most authentic, historical and beautiful depiction of the Classical world as seen in M2TW.

Download Link:
    http://files.filefront.com/hegemony1.../fileinfo.html
    +
    hotfix:

Installation procedure:
    1. Requires a Kingdoms Installation, the later the version the better.
    2. Requires Stainless Steel 6.1, found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314
    3. Install into your Stainless Steel directory
    4. Run Stainless Steel to play

Credits:
    Lots of people lol
    Last edited by Banzai!; 05-27-2009 at 22:42.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Default Re: HEGEMON: Ancient Wars

The HEGEMON "Full" Campaign Challenge
    Win a Prize if you can Break the Record!

Beat the HEGEMON Campaign in record time (conquer all conquerable regions). Any faction may be used. No cheats allowed and the important battles should be fought on the battlemap not the stratmap! Post a picture of your completed campaign to be anointed as the new champion!

The current record holder is Dorian who beat HEGEMON v1.5 with The Greek Cities in 77 turns! That deserves a "THIS IS SPARTA!!!!" from me.

Last edited by Banzai!; 03-18-2009 at 09:00.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

The HEGEMON "Freeform" Campaign
    An Experimental Way to Design a Campaign

HEGEMON is quite a small mod. There are ~7 factions and ~50 map regions. It is designed to be played in a few sittings and generally each faction (bar the Romans) can be destroyed in a couple of decisive battles and sieges. Being a small mod, there are problems with replayability. Since the game is so short if you play with another faction you will generally end up fighting the same starting armies again and again. There is limited scope for AI factions to "evolve" over the timeline.

The HEGEMON "Freeform" Alternative Campaign is an experimental approach to resolve this issue using ideas drawn from RTS/FPS games.

In the "Freeform" Campaign all factions start without armies or buildings. Instead there is a 10-turn Setup phase at the start of the campaign. AI factions are coded not to attack in these first 10 turns. Every faction receives a large cash injection. Buildings take 1 turn to build and all units are available regardless of barracks in the settlement with rapid replenishment rates.

In these first 10 turns each faction feverishly builds up their starting economies and armies. Wrong choices by the player in this stage can result in the difference between victory or defeat in the campaign!

After 10 turns the player receives an event, "Unleash the Dogs of War", the AI factions have their normal AI functions restored, building and unit costs are restored to normal. The game is on!

This way each campaign experience will be different, allowing for maximum replayability.
    Last edited by Banzai!; 03-19-2009 at 01:24.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

HEGEMON: The Campaign
    New takes on Campaign Map Dynamics
    Last edited by Banzai!; 03-18-2009 at 06:12.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

HEGEMON: Battle Mechanics
    Bringing Tactics and Classical Styles of Warfare to the M2TW Engine
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

What's planned for v1.55:
    • Unit list is largely mature so...
      emphasis on Campaign Map improvements (initial trial for the XVII mod campaign):
    • Active and "Swarming" Rebels
    • Events to establish puppet regimes
      -Roman factions can establish all factions it destroys as puppets
      -Macedon can establish Epirus and the Greek Cities as puppets
      -Thrace can establish Scythia, Germania and the Galatians as puppets
      -Carthage can establish the Gallic Tribes as a puppet
    • The Social War Event
    • Roman Civil War Event
    • Spartacus Revolt Event
    • Some unit model fixes
    • Thureophoroi-type units fight with spear animation
    • Reworking of faces to remove orange faces
    Last edited by Banzai!; 03-18-2009 at 06:54.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

HEGEMON: Ancient Wars
    v1.6 "Slingers" Released!

A Classical-era submod For Stainless Steel 6.1, M2TW: Kingdoms

Download Link:
    +
    hotfix:

Installation procedure:
    1. Requires a Kingdoms Installation, the later the version the better.
    2. Requires Stainless Steel 6.1, found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=314
    3. Install into your Stainless Steel directory
    4. Run Stainless Steel to play

Credits:
    Lots of people lol

Contractual obligation fulfilled! I'm a free man now woooooo, killing Nazi Zombies is so much more fun than TW.
    Last edited by Banzai!; 04-22-2009 at 00:39.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Hotfix uploaded to previous post.

Fixes a number of issues:
    • Slingers should no longer make crossbow noises
    • Barracks do not disappear and become nonbuildable after capturing a settlement
    • Carthage should show a greater preference for building native troops

Unfortunately not savecompatible.
    Last edited by Banzai!; 04-18-2009 at 06:27.
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

Hi banzai,i have received you message on my conanot's youtube account,i have downloaded all your 4 files at filefront
    and will install the mod tomorrow morning.again banzai,warlordharry is behind your mod a 100 % and i'll keep using your
    mod to recreate my 3d format antiquity battles video on youtube.your mod is simply THE BEST ROMAN ERA MOD using
    the m2tw kingdoms game.

Quote Originally Posted by WARLORDHARRY View Post
    Hi banzai,i have received you message on my conanot's youtube account,i have downloaded all your 4 files at filefront
    and will install the mod tomorrow morning.again banzai,warlordharry is behind your mod a 100 % and i'll keep using your
    mod to recreate my 3d format antiquity battles video on youtube.your mod is simply THE BEST ROMAN ERA MOD using
    the m2tw kingdoms game.
    Que?
    OMG I haz a balloon,
    -awarded by chairman

sorry for bothering you,but a banzai left me a message at youtube,telling me that version1.6 was ready at the guild.i was sure the message was coming from the banzai that used to be at twc, that i used to send messages about my hegemon's videos (my username at twc is:alexandre dumas)
    sorry for my mistake.

Downloaded the mod several times and i tried to open it with 7-zip, rar, winzip but it always seas the file cranky aka files corrupted, help...

thx a lot for uploading, but I ve the same problem: when I extract the files, there are thousands of errors; when I copy then the files into the medieval folder, stainless steel crashs with an unspecified error...

any ideas?

greetings

alex

Any solution for that can somebody upload it again correctly

Quote Originally Posted by eizo View Post
    Any solution for that can somebody upload it again correctly
    banzai reuploaded again...look above

Oh how nice ... chariots. Where ever did you get the chariots from ..because you seem to have missed out a mention of that in your mod credits.

Interesting also to note that the thread at TWcenter on this mod was closed due to 'stolen mod content'
    Careless Orc Costs Lives!