Thread: What about the first public beta release?

Question What about the first public beta release?

Hi everybody,:)

Are you still compilling the first public beta demo? have you decided what will be implemented in it?

Do you have an idea of when you can release it?

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Cyril.

Default Re: What about the first public beta release?

No mate, afraid not. Thats a bummer I know, but most of the team is still un-accounted for including the mod-leader.

One good thing is that Seijitai is sending me most of the mod by real 'mail' not virtual, since he has viruses on his computer or something. Well in anyway thats progress, since I will have about 95% of the mod compiled by then.

I'll see what Seijitai says, if he and I just decide on the elements of the first Beta, this might speed things up a bit, I'll also try another PM to Kagemusha(our mod leader)

Thumbs up Great

Hi wundaï

thanks for this quick reply.

That's good news anyway, one can see that you progress.

freindly yours,

cyril.

My pleasure to inform still

Hey don't you fan-people try to intercept that mail coming from Belgium to Holland ya hear

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

That's too bad. How many people are still active on this thing?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

im beginning to wonder if your the only one left!have the rest of them been kidnapped by aliens or something?and thank you for taking the time to reply.

No problem,

About 3 people are active at this moment, others through PM's and mailing.

Beauty hunter Senior Member Raz's Avatar

I'd still be active in this mod but I haven't received any new info. I was one of the sound guys if anyone remembers...
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    I imagine an open-source project to recreate [Medieval: Total War] would be faced with an army of high-valour lawyers.

Live your life out on Earth; I'm going to join the Sun.

Auch! that must have been before my time

Je,je,je... I think that the Ran no Jidai team is something confuse and chaotic... like the Sengoku Jidai era.
    My true name I would never let known. Know enough that I have broken many enemies, and cast them down into an abyss of torture and suffering. And it pleases me.

Rudhma (actual name unknown), a bandit/warchief of Ynys Manaw; Cycle of Telam

Wink Re: What about the first public beta release?

Hi everybody, :)

Personnaly I am not so pessimist. Over the last few months one can see that there has been progress even if is true it's slow.

And the fact that wundai has 95 % of the mod compilled on his computer is very good news, it proves that the main work is done and that the mod will end up coming out.

More than chaotic I have the feeling that the moding team is a bit too perfectionist ( from the sight of the screenshots of very good level ). That's good for the quality of the mod but it is hard to wait that much.

May be it would be a good idea not to try to keep on improving the mod but just finishing it (at least the public beta, details can be fixed afterward ).

Of course it is just a suggestion, as I am not involved in the development, due to my lack of computer skills.

See you,

Freindly yours,

Cyril.
    Last edited by Cyril Bianco; 04-02-2009 at 05:40.

what he above said.im just worried in case everybody involved moves to mars or die's or something.i just wish we could help!

Lightbulb Re: What about the first public beta release?

Ho leonn:)

I am afraid your right

I have the clue: they don't move to mars, they discovered a stargate and spend their time in a galaxy far far away

Now they have become jedis so they are no longer interested by japanese warfare

Such a pain!

Try to survive this Leonn

Cyril.

Note to the modding team: I fear that if you don't release soon a public beta, such desperate post will flourish on this forum. waiting drive people mad and they talk foollish

PS : of course I am jocking

Not that we have much of a choice at this point, since we are totally dependant of the Belgium Postal Services

Talking Re: What about the first public beta release?

Hi wundaï

Good news it's depending on Belgium post service

Thanks god you don't live in a third world country like my father who lives in Cameroun.

Sending something by real mail to countries like that is just useless, I experienced it.

And I doubt you are fluent in Swaeli

Best regards,

Cyril.

Villiage Idiot Member antisocialmunky's Avatar

Whatever happened to Kagemusha anyways?
    Fighting isn't about winning, it's about depriving your enemy of all options except to lose.

"Hi, Billy Mays Here!" 1958-2009

Ah Kagemusha, well what can I say, he still posts on the guild and TWC occasionaly.

PM'ed him a few days ago about what he wanted in the beta and what not. No replies as of yet.

Still swamped in work I guess, what I do know is that his motto always has been that he rather spends his time working on the campaign coding for the mod than chatting about it

Cyril@ Would be nice to be fluent in Swaeli :D
    Last edited by Wundai; 04-03-2009 at 20:09.