Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this true?

Future USMC Cobra Pilot Member Prussian to the Iron's Avatar
    Out too long in the midnight sea. Oh what's becoming of me?

Default Re: Is this true?

i dont think it matters that much.......
    Add me on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001603097354
    I am an Unstoppable Force, an Immovable Object

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    I am just hoping that Danish river will run the right way as I pointed out in the EB Forum it does not in EB...
    Well, with the scale of the map increasing you could very well be in luck. I would have to fire up EB2 to see if you are, though: haven't kept up to date with how it looks in game. Suffice to say though that there will be plenty of map changes and fixes: just about every single co-ordinate needs to be revised if only because of how projecting a sphere onto a flat, rectangular surface brings some non-trivial mapping challenges with it and because of how rounding margins/errors are different with the bigger map.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Quote Originally Posted by John-117 View Post
    Yeah, but you know... everybody has his little something. For instance, I am going to insist on having Susa change its name to Sousa. Just because that is how it was spelled by their Greek overlords. Perhaps not the best reason, I know... but still ...
    Last edited by Tellos Athenaios; 03-29-2009 at 03:50.
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

i jope you know you can change the name in-game...........its relatvely easy......

Changing settlement names probably will screw up the script... at least it does in EB I.

The EB Team ought to create more hype, be it factual or just baseless talk and plain wrong and deceiving ads. It's a hyped up fanbase that ultimately keeps the mod popular and alive, and unfortunately these places, well at least the public fora fit for common consumption, seem a bit deserted nowadays. Most likely because people are silently awaiting for news, distracted with other affairs or cannot find another relevant EB1 matter to discuss anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ROFLMAO View Post
    Yes, it is, but please protect your true. There are too many who try to delete the true in this world, and Aster, I will not let you fall under their sway. It's been a battle for the ages, TWC has fallen under these tyrants, they delete our true, do not let the .org become this, protect the true, protect it!

*ROFLMAO leans in, as if to tell a grand secret, he sits nervously, thumbing his prayer beads, his eyes shifting from one side of the room to the other*

*Then, suddenly, ROFLMAO is stabbed in the back by a dagger, just as he is about to disclose the most important of information*

Tales from another broken home.
    It was me who wielded the dagger, If only to stop your lame storytelling....
    Marines never die, they just go to hell and re-group.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollheit View Post
    Changing settlement names probably will screw up the script... at least it does in EB I.
    With RTW yes (a city name you check for in conditions that trigger reforms for instance must AFAIK match up to the in-game displayed city name). However, in M2TW-K this is not such an issue because the engine uses an 'internal' city name instead of the whatever it currently happens to be called on the map; enabling you to chance outward appearance of the name (what you see) from what it is called in the code (what you defined). That makes reform code, for instance, much more robust and player-proof.

It's a lot of improvements like these that made the team agree on EB2 in the first place: M2TW is as far as the engine goes much more open/transparant to new, modded-in, game concepts.
    - Tellos Athenaios

That reminded me: Will city names change when a certain faction takes them?
    Quote Originally Posted by a completely inoffensive name View Post
    Have the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger, the voice of Billy Mays and the ability to produce bull**** at a moments notice and you can be the leader of anything.

Unoffical PBM recruiter person Member /Bean\'s Avatar

That could be really confusing, especially for new players. I can imagine the forums being alive with people complaing that cities had disappeared or the game had broken and changed all the city names. Nice idea, but not particualry pratical.
    =========================================
    Look out for the upcoming Warriors of the La Tene PBM, a new style of interactive EB gaming rising from the ashes of BtSH and WotB!
    ========================================================
    + =
    [/CENTER]

I'm unaware of EB "swallowing" up any mod teams at all - in the very earliest stages of discussing MTW2, when zero work had actually been done yet, a mod team started forming up and released some icons which had some that were total copies of EB's (we are talking two and a half years ago). We weren't happy about it, we were still working on **0.8**, we talked with a couple of their team leaders about the problem and they proposed "merging". We thought it was a bit silly when we had a huge team and they had a few guys who had done a little talking and released some icons that were partially ours already and that seemed about it. I believe one guy from their team joined EB1, created some beautiful units for us, but never worked on M2TW as far as I'm aware. When teams just want to take our stuff, we usually don't have a good attitude about it.

Anyway, we'd like to go faster too, but it comes down to how many people we have and we have working at any given time. Building units the way we do, with the high level of differences of helmets/shields/faces/etc. in every unit, for every different faction texture of that unit makes things go slower than it did with modding RTW for sure. It's slower but it yields incredible results in the end, and that's what we are shooting for, not some quickly researched and created and half-assed attempt (which our fans would know would not be *EB*). If that's what folks want then they'd probably better go try some other mod and not worry about when we're done. We'd love to have more seriously talented people. Interest sans serious skills doesn't do anything for the mod. But those who don't actually do anything except complain won't ever accomplish anything anyway. If I saw someone who (a) has made serious and real contributions in modding and (b) works well with a team (talent plus egoism, etc. won't help any mod except the most desperate one looking for any contribution at all) complaining then *maybe* I'd find a need to really reply, but without it who really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollheit View Post
    not if you do it right. (this is for EB 1) simply go to preferences in the normal R:TW directory and go all the way to the bottom of preferences.txt. at the end it should say

edit_settlement_names FALSE

or something like that. simply backspace false and type TRUE in its place.

then, in-game, double click on a settlement, and at the top it should say the name. click on the name and backspace it all. then type in the name you would like and press the check at the bottom that closes the settlement page, and it should show up on the campaign map and the setlement page as your custom name.

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: Is this true?

not if you do it right. (this is for EB 1) simply go to preferences in the normal R:TW directory and go all the way to the bottom of preferences.txt. at the end it should say
    Yes, but that confuses the EB script. For some unfathomable reason the R:TW scripting engine uses the external rather than internal names and therefore won't recognize the new towns. If an A.I. faction then conquers the towns, it won't get the correct government placed and its construction and recruitment will be crippled. Hence it's recommend not to change city names while playing EB. I am not sure if this is still the case in M2:TW engine has the same limitation, though.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

It does to me, and since I, like the EB team are sticklers for accuracy, I expect it does to them as well.

TA, cool, you did see my argument in the EB Forum why it should be Gudenåen, not Skjern Å that is depicted (or ideally both)?

Apart from that I trust your word on matter EBII-map-wise, for I know little of such.
    Last edited by Macilrille; 03-29-2009 at 21:50. Reason: Corrected Typo
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

"Deliver us oh God, from the fury of the Norsemen", French prayer, 9th century.
    Ask gi'r klask! ask-vikingekampgruppe.dk

Balloon count: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Burgoyne View Post
    The EB Team ought to create more hype, be it factual or just baseless talk and plain wrong and deceiving ads. It's a hyped up fanbase that ultimately keeps the mod popular and alive, and unfortunately these places, well at least the public fora fit for common consumption, seem a bit deserted nowadays. Most likely because people are silently awaiting for news, distracted with other affairs or cannot find another relevant EB1 matter to discuss anymore.
    I suspect they, as I pointed out in vast detail and elaboration 15 posts or so ago, do not care much. EB/EBII is a labour of love and righteousness, whether the broad public likes it matters not to the Team I think. And since they do not make money out of it, and those dedicated enough will donate enough to keep the development process running anyway, why should they create hype? The people listening to hype are probably not the same that plays EB.
    'For months Augustus let hair and beard grow and occasionally banged his head against the walls whilst shouting; "Quinctillius Varus, give me my legions back"' -Sueton, Augustus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludens View Post
    Yes, but that confuses the EB script. For some unfathomable reason the R:TW scripting engine uses the external rather than internal names and therefore won't recognize the new towns. If an A.I. faction then conquers the towns, it won't get the correct government placed and its construction and recruitment will be crippled. Hence it's recommend not to change city names while playing EB. I am not sure if this is still the case in M2:TW engine has the same limitation, though.
    oooh....i didnt know thats what you meant. you see i dont know that because i only did it in 1 campagn as As Sabyn wal jau, so no one really took my cities...(archer-spearmen ftw! )

Quote Originally Posted by Macilrille View Post
    It does to me, and since I, like the EB team are sticklers for accuracy, I expect it does to them as well.

TA, cool, you did see my argument in the EB Forum why it should be Gudenåen, not Skjern Å that is depicted (or ideally both)?
    More: I actually posted in that thread.

Apart from that I trust your word on matter EBII-map-wise, for I know little of such.
    In turn, I trust our mappers (I am not one of them).
    - Tellos Athenaios

Thumbs down Re: Is this true?

ONCE AGAIN i didnt say ou did! anyway, its obvious it is going extremely slow, too slow for most of the people that like it which is why it is dying.
    how old are you? 12? 13? - Your nick seems to give away your degree of maturity.
    Understand: for certain people waiting a year or two or even longer for something really good is natural, it's called patience and pleasant anticipation.
    And of course it's the opposite of that stupid concept:
    "I want everything immediatly and get bored of it two days later, then start all over again".
    I for one know what's better for me (and maybe could be for the rest of this haste-raped planet)
    My advice: hit the books!
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious, and Brutus is an honorable man

Careful there Johnny. Offensive, degrading, sexist remarks and material can take you to a bad place (I think you've been there on TWC, actually). Maybe we've had enough of the bouncing breasts.

In case you didn't read the orgs rules:

Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged. The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs, or insults -- addressed to either an individual or a group -- is extremely inappropriate. Please respect etiquette at all times.
    Last edited by oudysseos; 03-30-2009 at 16:56.
    οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
    Even as are the generations of leaves, such are the lives of men.
    Glaucus, son of Hippolochus, Illiad, 6.146

Quote Originally Posted by Zaknafien View Post
    hm, again, we don't work for you :)

secondly, I have E:TW and have quit playing it already. It was cool for a couple weeks, but thats about it. Different tastes for different people. If youre looking for flashy units and bright shiny colors, EB assuredly isnt for you. We primarily make this game for ourselves, and those in the community who share our love for history.
    I love you too ... I love you too

John..
    ONCE AGAIN i didnt say ou did! anyway, its obvious it is going extremely slow, too slow for most of the people that like it which is why it is dying.
    How do you know it is going really slow?
    because of the lack of updates?
    that is not true...
    they just do it to keep some mods alive "wink " wink"
    And to punish us for playing EB1 sooo much
    xDhahahaha
    Last edited by eddy_purpus; 03-31-2009 at 00:07.
    Edvard0
    Only the evil will triumph if good men do nothing .
    Edmund . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by oudysseos View Post
    Careful there Johnny. Offensive, degrading, sexist remarks and material can take you to a bad place (I think you've been there on TWC, actually). Maybe we've had enough of the bouncing breasts.

In case you didn't read the orgs rules:

Posts containing any generally objectionable material: knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise in violation of any law. Posting of copyrighted material, unless the copyright is owned by you or by The Guild, is discouraged. The Guild expects its patrons to remain civil even in the face of disagreements. Any kind of "flaming", slurs, or insults -- addressed to either an individual or a group -- is extremely inappropriate. Please respect etiquette at all times.
    To be fair, though I do not agree with Johnny, percieves him as slightly immature and prefers patience to hype in most cases, I do not see where he has violated the rules, nor posted bouncing breasts? If he has I want to see them, for I am a great lover of beauty in women, and with my natural open mind and attitude about the fact that while I am single, I am a womaniser probably closer to breaching the rules than him.

He has his opinion about EBII and unfounded as it is, he is in fact entitled to it, nor can we censor him until such moment as he breaks the rules and having an opinion founded on nothing is not a breach of rules I think. Nor is lack of eloquence and sophistication, nor even impatience and a touch of immaturity.
    In short, let us take a deep breath and not let our love for EB and respect for the EB Team tempt us to act harsly against those that do not agree.

I expect though that he will end the same place as the last person I defended cause of my fair principles, the ignore list for calling me liar. We shall see.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Is this true?

Actually, I think the EB team moderators can ban anyone they want from their forum, for any given reason (such as "you've been quite annoying and posted pics of a blonde girl while I prefer brunettes).

'dis is the dictatorship of the proletariat buddy.

Actually, the EB Team cannot ban anyone at all: in extreme cases our mod leaders can discuss this with the Org global moderators, whose rules we also have to abide by.

Our moderators can move or delete posts that are inappropriate or misplaced, that's all.
    οἵη περ φύλλων γενεὴ τοίη δὲ καὶ ἀνδρῶν.
    Even as are the generations of leaves, such are the lives of men.
    Glaucus, son of Hippolochus, Illiad, 6.146

but they could decide not to bring out EB II , which would be a tragedy
    Balloon-Count: x 15

Many thanks to Hooahguy for this great sig.

lol, i could imagine that:

EB II Delayed
    Due to John-117's bouncing booby sig, we have decided not to release EB II untl it has bveen removed and an apology given.

*everyone gives me money via mail. i make $700 and decide to remove my sig*

yah, im uhh...sorry. really, i am. now lets see EB II. Oh, i need a new computer? thats fine...i got my $700 :P

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

This thread is still of topic.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123